Could Saturday be the most important game in our history?

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Could Saturday be the most important game in our history?

Post by Clayton »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:52 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:52 am

I am not being a drama queen.

If the moral of a club is that low,that is how you get a Sunderland or a Leeds.

Since I wrote the statement,I have heard that the players are right behind Moyes,so that is a good sign.The owners are not in the players good books though.
Tel chill out son it’s not gonna happen we’ve been up and down like a whores drawers for an affinity
Shit fucking owners selling our finest products and replacing them with fucking shit ,
still we are clinging on albeit with another pair of cunts at the helm ,nature may take its course soon hopefully
Who knows what’s round the corner .
We are West Ham not them cunts fuck em
Onwards and upwards.
2-0 us.
2-0 to us would typically be the West Ham way , though I wouldn't put my house on it . Oh for us to be able to actually know we had a starting eleven good enough to actually win it , instead of relying on a chosen few .

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:59 am
h69 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:43 am

Yes exactly...completely moronic.
And I suspect many of the present PL clubs have similarly over reached. No one could have anticipated the "closed doors" scenario and resulting loss of matchday revenues and reduced t v income. However I suspect many have, wrongly, assumed t v incomes would continue rising, clearly now not the case, and have borrowed using projected income figures which are now unrealistically high.
Spuds are the best run club out there IMO....run the way a club should be.. Backed, but still run as a self sufficient Business..

So be interesting How Far Levy,and moreso Lewis are prepared to go...No Crowds,No Cl Footie...couple more seasons
out side top 4,would see them digging in back pockets...hoping Wolves and Arse push on...could see them outta top 6 even.

h69

Post by h69 »

mkhammer wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:46 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:59 am

And I suspect many of the present PL clubs have similarly over reached. No one could have anticipated the "closed doors" scenario and resulting loss of matchday revenues and reduced t v income. However I suspect many have, wrongly, assumed t v incomes would continue rising, clearly now not the case, and have borrowed using projected income figures which are now unrealistically high.
Spuds are the best run club out there IMO....run the way a club should be.. Backed, but still run as a self sufficient Business..

So be interesting How Far Levy,and moreso Lewis are prepared to go...No Crowds,No Cl Footie...couple more seasons
out side top 4,would see them digging in back pockets...hoping Wolves and Arse push on...could see them outta top 6 even.
They like everyone else (see my post earlier) have pulled their belts in this season. They spent over 100m last summer and 35m this so far and while I see them buying maybe one more, they look like selling Rose to make that up

I guess that is understandable....everyone other than numbers can see why a massive reduction in spending was obviously going to happen.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

h69 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:52 pm
mkhammer wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:46 pm

They like everyone else (see my post earlier) have pulled their belts in this season. They spent over 100m last summer and 35m this so far and while I see them buying maybe one more, they look like selling Rose to make that up

I guess that is understandable....everyone other than numbers can see why a massive reduction in spending was obviously going to happen.
Most I say Most... :lol: are decently run or have seriously wealthy owners...so they'll get buy....60/70 mill spends instead
of 100 mill pluses....Tough life... :lol:
Most sides can find 20/25 mill...with a bit of outgoing,they can still shop.
This had happened 15 years ago or so be a different story...they'd be feeling like the lower Championship Clubs and rest of the
lower leagues,all the way thru,they're the guys I feel for...it's a real struggle,and they're just as important as the PL IMO,
Moreso maybe.
People love and watch their sides every bit as passionately as any PL side....yet because they're not high profile,
they can fuck off and struggle with no help....Sums Modern day game up really...all about the money.

h69

Post by h69 »

mkhammer wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:22 pm
h69 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:52 pm

Most I say Most... :lol: are decently run or have seriously wealthy owners...so they'll get buy....60/70 mill spends instead
This had happened 15 years ago or so be a different story...they'd be feeling like the lower Championship Clubs and rest of the
lower leagues,all the way thru,they're the guys I feel for...it's a real struggle,and they're just as important as the PL IMO,
Moreso maybe.
People love and watch their sides every bit as passionately as any PL side....yet because they're not high profile,
they can fuck off and struggle with no help....Sums Modern day game up really...all about the money.
While they seem to be spending 30 instead of 70 or 40 instead of 100m.....they will be ok but that will ripple down....many of the smaller clubs bank on hugely inflated English player fees.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

h69 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:08 pm
mkhammer wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:22 pm

Moreso maybe.
While they seem to be spending 30 instead of 70 or 40 instead of 100m.....they will be ok but that will ripple down....many of the smaller clubs bank on hugely inflated English player fees.
As in life mate...it's those that don't have so much feel things the worst...

F.A Cup is a life saver for a lot of league 1 and 2 clubs...a nice draw sets them up for the season...that's gone now as well.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

No
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:50 pm
h69 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:08 pm

F.A Cup is a life saver for a lot of league 1 and 2 clubs...a nice draw sets them up for the season...that's gone now as well.
Actually I don't think it has. That's the sort of game that has some sort of interest, even from the neutrals, wondering if an upset can happen. TV companies lap those games up (ching ching).
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:59 am
mkhammer wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:50 pm

Actually I don't think it has. That's the sort of game that has some sort of interest, even from the neutrals, wondering if an upset can happen. TV companies lap those games up (ching ching).
Yeah mate...was thinking earlier (happens sometimes... :lol: )....this weekend.. 8 games over 3 days,8 different kick off times,
same next weekend...notice Tuesday games as well soon...Sky/BT,now Amazon,must be wanking themselves silly...
Perfect for them,something they would have had on their agenda...and this Pandemic has brought it forward for them..

Be interesting how they deal with the FA Cup...8 TV Games over a weekend...featuring League 1and2 clubs,might
help share the money around a bit,and help some clubs out.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:11 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:59 am

Yeah mate...was thinking earlier (happens sometimes... :lol: )....this weekend.. 8 games over 3 days,8 different kick off times,
same next weekend...notice Tuesday games as well soon...Sky/BT,now Amazon,must be wanking themselves silly...
Perfect for them,something they would have had on their agenda...and this Pandemic has brought it forward for them..

Be interesting how they deal with the FA Cup...8 TV Games over a weekend...featuring League 1and2 clubs,might
help share the money around a bit,and help some clubs out.
I think we'll eventually see what the EFL are doing. Apparently their games are all streamed live and can be watched for £10. I presume the money goes to the home club in the same way that gate receipts would. Can see that idea appealing to a lot of PL clubs tbh.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?