I thought this was a beautifully written piece of literature.

Chat about anything football related here!
Castiron

I thought this was a beautifully written piece of literature.

Post by Castiron »

Brookbonds73

Re: I thought this was a beautifully written piece of literature.

Post by Brookbonds73 »

The bit about us being in the championship is most telling. Because let's face it that's where we're heading.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

A well balanced piece.Nicely done

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

It's a good. well written piece but sad that yet another writer has confused turnover, ours being the 18th highest, with being rich.

Being rich means you can go out and buy the sort of players Abramovich is buying for Chelsea. Having the world's highest turnover, never mind the 18th highest, means fuck all if you are earning £100 million per annum but spending £101 million. But what it does show, and sadly the people who bang on about us being the 18th, or whatever, richest club, always overlook it, is that the way in which the money is spent is the problem. The wages paid to Wheelchair being a fine example of financial mismanagement.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:38 am It's a good. well written piece but sad that yet another writer has confused turnover, ours being the 18th highest, with being rich.

Being rich means you can go out and buy the sort of players Abramovich is buying for Chelsea. Having the world's highest turnover, never mind the 18th highest, means fuck all if you are earning £100 million per annum but spending £101 million. But what it does show, and sadly the people who bang on about us being the 18th, or whatever, richest club, always overlook it, is that the way in which the money is spent is the problem. The wages paid to Wheelchair being a fine example of financial mismanagement.
I'm with you on this, mate. Estimated value and/or turnover have nothing to do with wealth.
I've never really had an issue with how much Gold and Sullivan have spent on wages or transfers. It's the fact they've been incredibly short-sighted, incompetent, wasteful and dishonest.
25 years in football and Sullivan in particular seems to have learnt precisely nothing.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.