Giving Money Away

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Giving Money Away

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:30 pm I don't normally bet but imo the odds on Chelsea for the PL next season are crazy. 13.0 , or 12-1 if you prefer, so yours truly has has a punt. But I admit I've bottled it and gone each way.

Mrs W would not approve so I'm staying schtum. But those odds?? Couldn't believe them tbh.
They will get Top 4 but no further IMO.
Lampard showed he is still a bit naive tactically and I am not convinced that all their signings will do as well as they did in their previous clubs.

Cant see them overtaking City and the Red Thieves.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:56 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:45 am 9/2 us to be relegated looks a better proposition to me.

Runs down bookies ...,
Better run fast. I don't see those odds lasting much longer tbh.
Yeah they was down to 7/2 when I posted earlier this morning
Bring back Jonathon !

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:40 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:56 am

Better run fast. I don't see those odds lasting much longer tbh.
But what odds are they giving the other way round? Us to win the prem. COYI!!!
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:53 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:48 am

It could be a decent run for your money. But Aubameyang still hasn't signed his new contract (I think) and if he goes that could be a problem. Don't see them finishing 2nd tbh although 1/4 odds for top 4 does look very good. But I went with Chelsea because I actually think they do have an outside chance of the title (don't think they will but it wouldn't be a major surprise) so I hope to get a run for my money on the win as well as the each way. The Arsenal bet imo would mean writing off the win element of it because it would be a major upset if they won it.

If that all makes sense. ;)
Ahhh the trials and tribulations of each way betting :lol:
Bookies bets (which e/w bets ARE btw) are notoriously bad value as they are counting on you doing just that (writing off the win part of your stake)

Trouble is with that , for the unaware , as you know , you only get a third of those odds for the place and that place is only first or 2nd !!!!
The odds to finish top 4 are amazingly skinny , in Chelsea’s case 2/5 !
However in the betting without The Victims or Citeh Chelsea are (effectively to finish 3rd) 11/10 which is much better value than throwing away half your stake.

2/1 to finish outside the top 4 , with Chelsea’s defensive frailties , is much better value imo .

Good luck with your bet mate , that particular avenue of pleasure having been denied me nowadays , my bet would be Liverpool to win the PL at 2/1 (bet365) but only from a value perspective as I reckon Citeh at long odds on will prevail.

Curiously West Ham are huge odds to finish bottom.
West Ham's odds have dropped slightly to be relegated.

I said it before,I don`t think Liverpool will even make the Top 2 this year.I really don`t.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

:mrgreen:
tassiehammer wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:44 am
Newmarket wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:40 am

But what odds are they giving the other way round? Us to win the prem. COYI!!!
12 months in Broadmoor.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:38 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:30 pm I don't normally bet but imo the odds on Chelsea for the PL next season are crazy. 13.0 , or 12-1 if you prefer, so yours truly has has a punt. But I admit I've bottled it and gone each way.

Mrs W would not approve so I'm staying schtum. But those odds?? Couldn't believe them tbh.
Lampard showed he is still a bit naive tactically and I am not convinced that all their signings will do as well as they did in their previous clubs.

I'm not sure of that myself tbh, although stranger things have happened. Manchester City lost Laporte for a large part of last season and it cost them massively imo. If Liverpool were to lose Van Dijk or even Mane for any length of time who knows what could happen. But when I saw the odds I couldn't see Chelsea finishing outside the top 4 tbh. And they might give me a run for my money for the top spot. At least I'll have some interest, unusually, at the business end of the table. And they're a decent watch imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:42 pm
h69 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:38 am

I'm not sure of that myself tbh, although stranger things have happened. Manchester City lost Laporte for a large part of last season and it cost them massively imo. If Liverpool were to lose Van Dijk or even Mane for any length of time who knows what could happen. But when I saw the odds I couldn't see Chelsea finishing outside the top 4 tbh. And they might give me a run for my money for the top spot. At least I'll have some interest, unusually, at the business end of the table. And they're a decent watch imo.
Thing is Chelsea finish 3rd you’re fucked mate .
1/3 odds 1-2.
Bring back Jonathon !

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Same here Whisky

Looked last week and taken Chelsea at 11/1 and us to be relegated at 4/1

Post by 9898 »

Muggy bet.
Mug punter following the odds not the facts.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:54 pm

Muggy bet.
Mug punter following the odds not the facts.
WHY??

He can bet on what he likes.It`s not your money is it?

If you want to make comment ,just tell us your bet,don`t criticize others.