Giving Money Away

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Giving Money Away

Post by Whiskyman »

I don't normally bet but imo the odds on Chelsea for the PL next season are crazy. 13.0 , or 12-1 if you prefer, so yours truly has has a punt. But I admit I've bottled it and gone each way.

Mrs W would not approve so I'm staying schtum. But those odds?? Couldn't believe them tbh.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Re: Giving Money Away

Post by 9898 »

Chelsea have made the WORST signing of summer in Thiago Silva.
36 year old CH coming to pace and power of PL after years in France.
He will get slaughtered every week.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:30 pm I don't normally bet but imo the odds on Chelsea for the PL next season are crazy. 13.0 , or 12-1 if you prefer, so yours truly has has a punt. But I admit I've bottled it and gone each way.

Mrs W would not approve so I'm staying schtum. But those odds?? Couldn't believe them tbh.
Gotta say I agree with Numbers here .

Not the way to sure up a dodgy defence . If that was us we’d be up in arms at Sullivan again.

So although your moneys safe as they’ll score more than they’ll concede , 2.4/1 for your dosh is quite a while to wait for it .

Hope you put a good wedge down to make it all worthwhile .
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:00 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:30 pm I don't normally bet but imo the odds on Chelsea for the PL next season are crazy. 13.0 , or 12-1 if you prefer, so yours truly has has a punt. But I admit I've bottled it and gone each way.

Gotta say I agree with Numbers here .

Not the way to sure up a dodgy defence . If that was us we’d be up in arms at Sullivan again.

So although your moneys safe as they’ll score more than they’ll concede , 2.4/1 for your dosh is quite a while to wait for it .

Hope you put a good wedge down to make it all worthwhile .
We will have to wait and see but I'm guessing they have signed him as much for experience and organisation which was something they clearly lacked at the back last season.

If it was us ? As a signing in isolation you're right, however had we, like Chelsea, signed a couple of strikers, a left back and a midfielder in addition I don't think we'd have heard too many complaints.

As for waiting a long time for my money with interest rates as they now are and my investment income being kicked in the nurs by the covid crap I think the potential return from Mr Power is worth the risk. If Chelsea do win the league, which I don't think they will but which I now hope they do, I won't win enough to replace Mrs W with a new model but I would get enough to buy her a shiny new runaround. ;)

So it's come on you blues. :lol:

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Your money would be probably spent on Arsenal each way..33/1 (1/3 for finishing 2nd).They were 45/1.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:30 am

Your money would be probably spent on Arsenal each way..33/1 (1/3 for finishing 2nd).They were 45/1.
It could be a decent run for your money. But Aubameyang still hasn't signed his new contract (I think) and if he goes that could be a problem. Don't see them finishing 2nd tbh although 1/4 odds for top 4 does look very good. But I went with Chelsea because I actually think they do have an outside chance of the title (don't think they will but it wouldn't be a major surprise) so I hope to get a run for my money on the win as well as the each way. The Arsenal bet imo would mean writing off the win element of it because it would be a major upset if they won it.

If that all makes sense. ;)

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:48 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:30 am

It could be a decent run for your money. But Aubameyang still hasn't signed his new contract (I think) and if he goes that could be a problem. Don't see them finishing 2nd tbh although 1/4 odds for top 4 does look very good. But I went with Chelsea because I actually think they do have an outside chance of the title (don't think they will but it wouldn't be a major surprise) so I hope to get a run for my money on the win as well as the each way. The Arsenal bet imo would mean writing off the win element of it because it would be a major upset if they won it.

If that all makes sense. ;)
Ahhh the trials and tribulations of each way betting :lol:
Bookies bets (which e/w bets ARE btw) are notoriously bad value as they are counting on you doing just that (writing off the win part of your stake)

Trouble is with that , for the unaware , as you know , you only get a third of those odds for the place and that place is only first or 2nd !!!!
The odds to finish top 4 are amazingly skinny , in Chelsea’s case 2/5 !
However in the betting without The Victims or Citeh Chelsea are (effectively to finish 3rd) 11/10 which is much better value than throwing away half your stake.

2/1 to finish outside the top 4 , with Chelsea’s defensive frailties , is much better value imo .

Good luck with your bet mate , that particular avenue of pleasure having been denied me nowadays , my bet would be Liverpool to win the PL at 2/1 (bet365) but only from a value perspective as I reckon Citeh at long odds on will prevail.

Curiously West Ham are huge odds to finish bottom.
Bring back Jonathon !

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

9/2 us to be relegated looks a better proposition to me.

Runs down bookies ...,

JayK

Post by JayK »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:45 am 9/2 us to be relegated looks a better proposition to me.

Runs down bookies ...,
I'm even tempted to come out of retirement for that one
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:45 am 9/2 us to be relegated looks a better proposition to me.

Runs down bookies ...,
Better run fast. I don't see those odds lasting much longer tbh.