West Ham vs Newcastle Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Newcastle Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

ToneLoc wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:49 am I don’t think I’ve ever felt so underwhelmed for the first game of a new season tbh.
Tbh Tone I share your views. That said I still love the game and so, as mentioned elsewhere, I've had an each way punt on Chelsea for the title at 13.0 (12-1). At least it will give me something to have an interest in.

Sad to say but I was very tempted to take us for relegation (Paddy Power 5.5 (9-2)) but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

A very sorry state of affairs all round.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

MFY66

Post by MFY66 »

I’m predicting 1-0 Newcastle.

But honestly, I hope we concede 5 or 6. I’m now at the point with GSB where I think the aim for this season is to just force them out. Unfortunately this will be a political, not a footballing, season for the club.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:38 pm Well done Ibbs,great season introduction. I would leave Haller out as his overall contributions don't currently merit inclusion.

I would play Yarmolenko on the right,move Bowen more centrally and then not panic until we are 0-2 down
Hope Yarmolenko will be a good player this season to make up the loss of last season and hopefully he will be fit as he can be on the right and Bowen up front with Antonio as Bowen is a winger/striker scenario.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:41 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:38 pm Well done Ibbs,great season introduction. I would leave Haller out as his overall contributions don't currently merit inclusion.

I would play Yarmolenko on the right,move Bowen more centrally and then not panic until we are 0-2 down
Fuck me mate if we took the field against Newcastle fielding players whose overall contributions merit selection we'd struggle to put 11 on the pitch, never mind fill the bench as well. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree with you re Haller's performances, and not just today but he seemed very upbeat after the Ipswich friendly and was talking up his relationship on the field with Diangana. Fast forward and Diangana is sold------likely result ? A demotivated moody French striker who would probably be anywhere else but West Ham at this moment in time.
Haller need to man up as it was the stupid club board that SOLD Diang and it seemed haller don' like Anderson which I don't blame Haller for that but with Fornals on that left side area, then Haller can get support, bu I think it wiould be best if midfielders are:

Fornals
Rice
Noble
Yarmolenko

Yarm and Fornals to feed in Antonio and Bowen who both are up front.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

palerider wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:35 am I'm unsure if Soucek has tested positive but the all clear has been given for the Czechs to play the Jocks in the week.

So if he plays, why can't he play against Newcastle ? I thought exemptions had been made for quarantine if players were on international duty.
i thnk the GSB will hope Soucek will be quarantine so that GSB will not fork out £££ bonus on performance and goals.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

ToneLoc wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:49 am I don’t think I’ve ever felt so underwhelmed for the first game of a new season tbh.
I feel similar.A couple of days ago,I was quite looking forward to it.

You will have to thank the low morale on those that run the club.If we go down,it`s all down to them,especially Sullivan.

I surprised,his not been assassinated.Every thing this bloke does,is a kick in the balls for the fans.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:25 am
I feel similar.A couple of days ago,I was quite looking forward to it.

You will have to thank the low morale on those that run the club.If we go down,it`s all down to them,especially Sullivan.

I surprised,his not been assassinated.Every thing this bloke does,is a kick in the balls for the fans.
For me it runs deeper than just the Diangana-gate episode and the shambles of another car-crash of an off-season.
COVID 19 restrictions are the biggest passion-killer for me still but the wrong-uns that run our club have done their utmost to piss on the faintest sparks of enthusiasm I still had.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:09 am
Tbh Tone I share your views. That said I still love the game and so, as mentioned elsewhere, I've had an each way punt on Chelsea for the title at 13.0 (12-1). At least it will give me something to have an interest in.

Sad to say but I was very tempted to take us for relegation (Paddy Power 5.5 (9-2)) but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

A very sorry state of affairs all round.
It is Whisk.
I'm just hoping for some spark, some little sequence of events that give us something to hold on to, something to bring in a bit of cheer and enthusiasm.
Maybe miracles will happen and we'll somehow win the first 5 games?
FFS I really DO need to go and have a lie down !!!!
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

JayK

Post by JayK »

Underwhelmed here too. GSB as well as all the stupid money, sulky player power and the likes have been kicking my enthusiasm for the game a lot these last few seasons. GSB the main reason for me not renewing my season ticket a couple of seasons ago.

I will always love West Ham but the club and the game is a money orientated circus.
COYI!!!

Towie

Post by Towie »

Yep, the Diangana sale is probably the straw that breaks the camels back.
I know that I’m at my lowest I have ever felt with the club.
That said I will not let them ruin my football experience, as I said before I will go week in week
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.