West Ham vs Newcastle Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: West Ham vs Newcastle Official Match Thread

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:47 pm Just noticed our birds were a tad unlucky yesterday.
Yep, 8 of them were offside and the other one was a foul on our keeper.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:56 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:47 pm Just noticed our birds were a tad unlucky yesterday.
Yep, 8 of them were offside and the other one was a foul on our keeper.
Roberta ?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just a tad

JayK

Post by JayK »

Looked a close game
COYI!!!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

That’s what I do ....win quoted their coach.

Matt Beard :D

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:42 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:47 am

Sorry mate but I really don't get this "sides we should be beating" nonsense. Why should we be beating Newcastle ? Man for man imo we are pretty evenly matched. Manquillo and Lewis would walk into our side in the full back positions. Lascelles would have a shout at a place in the centre of defence. Saint-Maximin would be another certain starter, as would Wilson. And their normal first choice keeper Dubravka would be ahead of the current version of Fabianski imo.

I agree with your assessment of our overall tactical deficiencies though. Square pegs and round holes come to mind.
Think we should be looking at beating Newcastle mate..at home as well...don't wanna set our sites any lower TBH...
we will be in the shit..only leaves a couple.....3/4 maybe for us to take on.... :lol:
We SHOULD be looking at beating every team, home or away, in every match. That should be the target for every club. But I'm beginning to see why many people see a lot of West Ham fans as deluded. Many of us have an overinflated opinion of where the club stands in football's pecking order. Our "golden era" if it can be called that was way back in the 60's when we achieved our first ever F A Cup win, the cup winners cup next season and then providing 3 players for the England team that won the world cup.

We have no divine right to be challenging for the top honours. We've only ever done so once, in 85/86. We've been up and down into the Championship or the old Division 2 more often than the proverbial tart's knickers in the last 40 years, so why should we take it as a given we should be beating the likes of Newcastle ? Maybe that arrogance, if it spreads over into the management and playing staff is part, a big part, of the problem.

We have to face facts. We fans take the piss out of Spurs supporters because of their assessment of their club's importance. Spurs, at least imo, have no business considering themselves an elite club. But, let's face it, they are light years ahead of our Mickey Mouse operation.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?