West Ham vs Newcastle Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: West Ham vs Newcastle Official Match Thread

Post by mkhammer »

Wow,that was disappointing,gotta be honest ,thought we'd win, was pretty confident,even with that starting 11,
which didn't like much...
Trying to support Moyes...but what is the fuck the point of bringing Anderson on with one fucking minute left on the
clock....remote nearly went out window....yet again.... :lol:

He was to cautious yesterday...don't now if that was pressure of being scared to lose or what...but we need creativity
in MF..it has to be Declan/Soucek and one of Anderson..who I want..he's our most talented and creative player and should be
starting and not on the wing...failing that Fornals or Lanza.....I get using Nobes,but that's when your up against Red Scouse
or City..holding out for a point last 20/25....Not a Home game against a side we should be beating....
Not what I would do..but even 2-0 up and you wanna shut up shop I get as well.

If he does continue with Antonio as in a pretty much a one up top thing,gonna be a long season....
Haller has to Start..Micky left, Bowen/Yarmo right in a front 3...working together..interchanging at times..
We need to push our fullbacks right up as well...full backs are your wingers these days.
Fornals is not a winger,you can tell,he naturally keeps coming inside...we let potentially our best winger fuckin go.........................

Really pissed,gutted really thought we we're turning a corner...but end of the day it is only the first game...
Gotta keep hoping we'll get something going.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:36 am
..I get using Nobes,but that's when your up against Red Scouse
or City..holding out for a point last 20/25....Not a Home game against a side we should be beating....
Sorry mate but I really don't get this "sides we should be beating" nonsense. Why should we be beating Newcastle ? Man for man imo we are pretty evenly matched. Manquillo and Lewis would walk into our side in the full back positions. Lascelles would have a shout at a place in the centre of defence. Saint-Maximin would be another certain starter, as would Wilson. And their normal first choice keeper Dubravka would be ahead of the current version of Fabianski imo.

I agree with your assessment of our overall tactical deficiencies though. Square pegs and round holes come to mind.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

mkhammer wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:36 am Wow,that was disappointing,gotta be honest ,thought we'd win, was pretty confident,even with that starting 11,
Trying to support Moyes...but what is the fuck the point of bringing Anderson on with one fucking minute left on the

He was to cautious yesterday...don't now if that was pressure of being scared to lose or what...but we need creativity
in MF..it has to be Declan/Soucek and one of Anderson..who I want..he's our most talented and creative player and should be
starting and not on the wing...failing that Fornals or Lanza.....I get using Nobes,but that's when your up against Red Scouse

If he does continue with Antonio as in a pretty much a one up top thing,gonna be a long season....
Haller has to Start..Micky left, Bowen/Yarmo right in a front 3...working together..interchanging at times..
We need to push our fullbacks right up as well...full backs are your wingers these days.
Fornals is not a winger,you can tell,he naturally keeps coming inside...we let potentially our best winger fuckin go.........................

Really pissed,gutted really thought we we're turning a corner...but end of the day it is only the first game...
I really wish I could see what you see in our Manager or whatever he is called and our starting eleven/squad MK , but then I would feel even worse then I do .
Didn't watch the match just thought we would lose 1-3 as I am fed up with everything that has and is happening at the club , Its not all about the owners even though they are the biggest problem . Moyes just has no idea what he is doing , when it came to the crunch this and last season he was not the difference the players just upped their game , leaving the post lockdown results aside ( we were just lucky , Antonio will never do what he did over that period again ) .
Moyes is playing three players out of position Antonio , Fornals and Noble , he could have played Antonio on the left , with Haller up front and Fornals as a ten or he could have played Bowen on the left and Yarmalenko on the right . Moyes lacks the understanding and intuitiveness to react to what is happening on the pitch , often dithering to put on the subs , plus he often makes the wrong changes . Do not get me even started on his tactics .
Moyes main target in this window is a CB , maybe Moyes wants to play three at the back like his beloved RB Leipzig model 3-4-3 or whatever it is , but even then we would still need right and left sided midfielders and a left wing forward .

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:47 am
mkhammer wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:36 am
..I get using Nobes,but that's when your up against Red Scouse
Sorry mate but I really don't get this "sides we should be beating" nonsense. Why should we be beating Newcastle ? Man for man imo we are pretty evenly matched. Manquillo and Lewis would walk into our side in the full back positions. Lascelles would have a shout at a place in the centre of defence. Saint-Maximin would be another certain starter, as would Wilson. And their normal first choice keeper Dubravka would be ahead of the current version of Fabianski imo.

I agree with your assessment of our overall tactical deficiencies though. Square pegs and round holes come to mind.
Think we should be looking at beating Newcastle mate..at home as well...don't wanna set our sites any lower TBH...
we will be in the shit..only leaves a couple.....3/4 maybe for us to take on.... :lol:

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Clayton wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:16 am
mkhammer wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:36 am Wow,that was disappointing,gotta be honest ,thought we'd win, was pretty confident,even with that starting 11,

I really wish I could see what you see in our Manager or whatever he is called and our starting eleven/squad MK , but then I would feel even worse then I do .
Didn't watch the match just thought we would lose 1-3 as I am fed up with everything that has and is happening at the club , Its not all about the owners even though they are the biggest problem . Moyes just has no idea what he is doing , when it came to the crunch this and last season he was not the difference the players just upped their game , leaving the post lockdown results aside ( we were just lucky , Antonio will never do what he did over that period again ) .
Moyes is playing three players out of position Antonio , Fornals and Noble , he could have played Antonio on the left , with Haller up front and Fornals as a ten or he could have played Bowen on the left and Yarmalenko on the right . Moyes lacks the understanding and intuitiveness to react to what is happening on the pitch , often dithering to put on the subs , plus he often makes the wrong changes . Do not get me even started on his tactics .
Moyes main target in this window is a CB , maybe Moyes wants to play three at the back like his beloved RB Leipzig model 3-4-3 or whatever it is , but even then we would still need right and left sided midfielders and a left wing forward .
We've needed an up and down box to box grafter since forever mate...seems to me Moyes was the first one to spot
that straight away gets Soucek in...then Brought Bowen in,another grafter,this time with skill....
Has been given no support /backing from owners....did seem to be putting a side together that plays out instead of
hoofball...tries to shut down early...that went missing yesterday tho...
I can just see certain things he is trying that we need..it's a start.

Obvious he aint in charge of ins and outs...Sulli is..so can't blame him for lack of incoming,he has to make do.

Just Trying my best to get behind him...give the bloke a chance...agree with a lot of what you say,in the set up of the
team tho,very fuckin frustrating...not what I would do..

I Just can't hate everyone at the club Clay....doing my head in mate.... :lol:

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

mkhammer wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:42 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:47 am

Think we should be looking at beating Newcastle mate..at home as well...don't wanna set our sites any lower TBH...
we will be in the shit..only leaves a couple.....3/4 maybe for us to take on.... :lol:
There is a world of difference between setting our sights at beating Newcastle and Newcastle being a team we should be beating. We should be setting our sights at beating everyone but that dont mean we should be beating them.

I cant remember a time in the not so distant past where i can honestly say we are dead certs to win. Some where we should win on paper, but one of those has never been Newcastle, some of those we lost to, and they were not surprising considering the state of our club. I have now become accustomed to being surprised when we win.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Towie

Post by Towie »

9898 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:06 am
Towie wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:27 am Didn’t bother to watch, I was busy making sure my getting prediction of getting pissed Saturday night came true. ;)

My son texted me though said the players were just going through the motions, bodes well for rest of season.
If you din't watch then please do not post on match thread. Thanks.
Fuck off twat head, I don’t take orders from you.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

The same game last year when the Chilean fraud cunt should have been given his marching orders

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

mkhammer wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:59 am
Clayton wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:16 am

We've needed an up and down box to box grafter since forever mate...seems to me Moyes was the first one to spot
that straight away gets Soucek in...then Brought Bowen in,another grafter,this time with skill....
Has been given no support /backing from owners....did seem to be putting a side together that plays out instead of
hoofball...tries to shut down early...that went missing yesterday tho...
I can just see certain things he is trying that we need..it's a start.

Obvious he aint in charge of ins and outs...Sulli is..so can't blame him for lack of incoming,he has to make do.

Just Trying my best to get behind him...give the bloke a chance...agree with a lot of what you say,in the set up of the
team tho,very fuckin frustrating...not what I would do..

I Just can't hate everyone at the club Clay....doing my head in mate.... :lol:
But did he bring in Bowen and Soucek , and why now is he after a CB ? , when obviously we need a left sided player and fullbacks ( he cannot think Fredericks , Cresswell , Masuaku and though I hate to say it Johnson are good enough to start , wouldn't even say three off them are ok to bring off the bench , they offer nothing going forward and defensively are a nightmare .
Whatever you think you see he is trying I wish he would do it with players that have the skill set to be able to play in selected positions . And why would you shut up shop , me I would go for the throat , maybe that's why we lost so many points from from winning positions last season because of his tactics .
Don't get me wrong I do not hate anyone at the club , I often do not understand them or see them in a very good light and in fact if I met them could like them , maybe . But I am a fan/supporter of West Ham United , have been since my 1st match at Upton Park way back in 61 against Spurs ( which we won ) . Its in my blood , my Mums family all of them were fans had been for generations my Grandad was at the 1923 FA Cup final , its ingrained like a dye part of my persona .
Our owners may have the keys but they are only very poor custodians ( that's my calm explanation ) who hopefully will be gone sooner rather then later , along with Moyes the man I feel does not have the ability to manage at this level , has no scruples or self esteem . 😭😭😭Oh and can I add Noble to that list , as he is in my eyes everything that is wrong at the club as far as ability goes ( And I was always a very big fan of his ) .

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Just noticed our birds were a tad unlucky yesterday.