West Ham vs Newcastle Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Newcastle Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

It's back! Hope this season will be better than the last and hopefully players who performed badly today, learned their lesson.

West Ham hopefully have a fully fit squad and raring to go, the only bad news that Soucek will be missing until he will return against Arsenal on 20th as he has to be quarantined.

Squad:

Fabianski

Johnson
Diop
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Bowen
Fornals
Rice
Noble

Antonio
Haller

West Ham need a good start as the next 7 games are horrendous and we need to keep injuries as a minimum. Last time West Ham won was in 2015 as we lost 4 opening games in a row, no thanks to stupid computer match fixing scandal by putting us against top six side. Hopefully Moyes will have 2 defenders (full back and centre back) by next week and need to actioned, not time-wasting fiddling getting them on a cheap as other clubs will take them. This season will be a lot harder as Leeds and WBA are too good to go down and whether Fulham can cope or not will be seen as how Parker do. There is no Watford, Norwich and Bournemouth so there are absolutely no easy games and need to get many points as early as possible and keep it going, not like last season. Need to keep important players fit.

Once this season is over and more in transfer budget from tickets sales, to get rid of dead wood and more younger hunger players.

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

BlackDiamond

Re: West Ham vs Newcastle Official Match Thread

Post by BlackDiamond »

Well done Ibbs,great season introduction. I would leave Haller out as his overall contributions don't currently merit inclusion.

I would play Yarmolenko on the right,move Bowen more centrally and then not panic until we are 0-2 down

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:38 pm Well done Ibbs,great season introduction. I would leave Haller out as his overall contributions don't currently merit inclusion.

I would play Yarmolenko on the right,move Bowen more centrally and then not panic until we are 0-2 down
Fuck me mate if we took the field against Newcastle fielding players whose overall contributions merit selection we'd struggle to put 11 on the pitch, never mind fill the bench as well. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree with you re Haller's performances, and not just today but he seemed very upbeat after the Ipswich friendly and was talking up his relationship on the field with Diangana. Fast forward and Diangana is sold------likely result ? A demotivated moody French striker who would probably be anywhere else but West Ham at this moment in time.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

After watching our defending today, they will rip us a new one.

Going to be a long hard season me thinks.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

2-0 us .

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

I confidently predict a comfortable 4 goal win.

For Newcastle.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

palerider

Post by palerider »

I'm unsure if Soucek has tested positive but the all clear has been given for the Czechs to play the Jocks in the week.

So if he plays, why can't he play against Newcastle ? I thought exemptions had been made for quarantine if players were on international duty.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

I don’t think I’ve ever felt so underwhelmed for the first game of a new season tbh.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:35 am I'm unsure if Soucek has tested positive but the all clear has been given for the Czechs to play the Jocks in the week.

So if he plays, why can't he play against Newcastle ? I thought exemptions had been made for quarantine if players were on international duty.
If he has tested positive it will be the only thing about the club at the moment that is. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

We are going to get tonked I fear.