Mesasage to Teggy Part II

Chat about anything football related here!

Re: Mesasage to Teggy Part II

Post by 9898 »

Castiron wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:20 pm
9898 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:16 pm

Are you now quoting Sky Sports as a bastion of truth?
Let's see who you've quoted then and we'll compare. I'm waiting.

Here's another couple for you.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/talksport. ... ilson/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... th-for-20m
Sky Sports and Talksport - Must be gospel :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

9898 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:29 pm

Still waiting for your source. Found out yet again :lol:

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

9898 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:29 pm

Still waiting cuntchops.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Tick Tock, Tick Tock...

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Towie wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:14 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:05 pm

Which is the only way to do a comparison of that type. Year on year.
Indeed it is, there was 1.4billion spent In last summers transfer window.
250m spent so far this window with 5 weeks to go.

Half of that spend Is by Cheats who had a transfer ban last Summer.
Don't answer him no more..I said he can crow about it,if his right on October 6th.His like a 12 year old kid..He reminds me of Harry Enfield's Kevin before he reached 13.

Post by 9898 »

Non top 6 club Aston Villa sign Ollie Watkins for £28 million (rising to £3 million), which is more than £20 million.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

9898 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:21 pm Non top 6 club Aston Villa sign Ollie Watkins for £28 million (rising to £3 million), which is more than £20 million.
Any update on Wilson costing £21m?.
Nah, thought not.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I think Signor Agnelli can claim to know more about football's finances than any of us so this may be of interest. Sorry I've had to C & P it but the link from the FT diesn't work unless you take out a bloody subscription.

European football faces €3.6bn shortfall as pandemic leads to ‘cash crisis’
Andrea Agnelli, chairman of powerful European Club Association, warns of the sport’s deteriorating finances

Europe’s leading football clubs are facing a €3.6bn shortfall in revenues due to the coronavirus pandemic, with the sport confronting an unprecedented “cash crisis” as it heads into a new season, one of the industry’s top executives has warned.

Andrea Agnelli, president of Italy’s Juventus and chairman of the powerful European Club Association, on Tuesday painted a bleak picture of the damage the crisis has inflicted on the industry’s finances.

A combination of lost match-day income because of empty stadiums, as well as discounts demanded by broadcasters and sponsors to compensate for the lack of games during lockdown, will result in a revenue shortfall of €3.6bn over the next two years, Mr Agnelli warned.

The Juventus president also revealed that Uefa, European football’s governing body, has agreed a €575m rebate with broadcasters of its competitions, such as the Champions League. Those tournaments were completed in August, but only after reducing the number of matches played in their latter stages. 

Other domestic football competitions have also agreed rebates to compensate for lost action during lockdown, with the English Premier League returning £330m to its television partners.

Addressing a virtual meeting of the ECA, which represents more than 200 leading sides across the continent, Mr Agnelli warned of “a dramatic erosion of ebitda [earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation] that will turn out to be a cash crisis for most clubs”.

He said the price of players in the sport’s multibillion transfer window has fallen between 20-30 per cent — a hit for smaller clubs that are more reliant on selling their best players each season to balance their books.

Many top leagues, such as the Premier League and Germany’s Bundesliga, are in negotiations with local governments to allow a partial reopening of stadiums in the coming weeks, but there is little expectation of full stadiums before the end of the year.

There are also signs that Pay-TV broadcasters, which have agreed huge screening deals that have powered the financial growth of Europe’s biggest leagues, are beginning to cut back on sports rights spending.

In June, the Bundesliga announced Sky and online service DAZN would pay €4.4bn to show matches in its home market between 2021 and 2025 — a fall of €200m from its previous domestic TV rights deal. 

Last week, the Premier League abruptly terminated a three-year $700m deal with Chinese digital broadcaster PPTV, owned by the Jiangsu-based online retailer Suning, in a dispute over payments withheld owing to the pandemic. 

A person close to the Chinese broadcaster’s leadership said: “Of course they would like to keep the same price and condition as pre-Covid, but it’s impossible.”
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

9898 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:21 pm Non top 6 club Aston Villa sign Ollie Watkins for £28 million (rising to £3 million), which is more than £20 million.
Rising to £3 million, wow 😂
COYI!!!

Post by 9898 »

Newcastle, non top 6 club, have spent £40 to date.