Felippe Anderson: The question that requires an answer

Chat about anything football related here!
jameskel

Re: Felippe Anderson: The question that requires an answer

Post by jameskel »

Agreed, Anderson should not get near the 1st Team. Lanzini, I would give a chance, but not for long

Just showed up, that our squad is poor. Still we can now concentrate on winning the premiership, if not that, is the evening standard 5 a side still played?
Covid in the Boardroom

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

h69 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:54 am
eskimo joe wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:47 am If the fuck wit Sullivan wasnt being so quiet i bet his words would be " We really wanted to progress in this competition to put some silverware in our cabinet.". Or maybe " Shit thats 50k down the swanee".

IEither Moyes is bullshitting us about taking the cup serious, which dont show on the way he ran the show last night, or hes giving
Sullivan a good arse licking by ensuring we never even had a chance of progressing. " Lubbly jubbly " says Sullivan, " I have probably saved a bob or three. "
I think thats all a load of conspiracy nonsense. More that the players that played last night are really not good enough and why most of them were not in the team that beat Wolves.

They had their chance, they are not good enough and that includes Anderson, Lanzini and Haller.

As for Johnson....he was supposed to be a RB anyway and everyone was calling for us to play a strong side so they would have been crucified for putting the kids in. That side should have been better than losing 4-1 but the difference between the team of seniors last night and the one on Sunday is that the one on Sunday works hard and this one does not. The result shows that.

Personally I would have had no issue with Ashby playing but Everton are a strong side and the side they picked was a lot better than ours....simple.

And to think that some people still want Lanzini or Anderson over Fornals in the side.
So if the players that competed against Charlton and Hull and last night are really not good enough and that's the reason most of them were not in the team that beat Wolves , why change the team at all ?
Why bring in Rice at CB , why bring in Noble into Midfield :lol: :lol: :lol: and why play Cresswell at LB the guy cannot play there any more in the league . There is no way that the inclusion of these players in the positions they had been selected to play improved the "reserve team" .
This wasn't a case of a poor team out there but was a case of ineptitude management all round .
Why were we even playing 4 at the back , we have seen in the league that 3 at the back suits our squad and its more then likely what they practise in training .
I agree of the players that have started in the cup games , would not get a start in the league . Though Haller should if played with two up top but that is not likely to happen any time soon due to having such a unbalanced squad and even Lanzini , and I still think Johnson is a far better LB then RB .

h69

Post by h69 »

Clayton wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:30 am

I think thats all a load of conspiracy nonsense. More that the players that played last night are really not good enough and why most of them were not in the team that beat Wolves.

They had their chance, they are not good enough and that includes Anderson, Lanzini and Haller.

As for Johnson....he was supposed to be a RB anyway and everyone was calling for us to play a strong side so they would have been crucified for putting the kids in. That side should have been better than losing 4-1 but the difference between the team of seniors last night and the one on Sunday is that the one on Sunday works hard and this one does not. The result shows that.

Personally I would have had no issue with Ashby playing but Everton are a strong side and the side they picked was a lot better than ours....simple.

And to think that some people still want Lanzini or Anderson over Fornals in the side.
So if the players that competed against Charlton and Hull and last night are really not good enough and that's the reason most of them were not in the team that beat Wolves , why change the team at all ?
Why bring in Rice at CB , why bring in Noble into Midfield :lol: :lol: :lol: and why play Cresswell at LB the guy cannot play there any more in the league . There is no way that the inclusion of these players in the positions they had been selected to play improved the "reserve team" .
This wasn't a case of a poor team out there but was a case of ineptitude management all round .
Why were we even playing 4 at the back , we have seen in the league that 3 at the back suits our squad and its more then likely what they practise in training .
I agree of the players that have started in the cup games , would not get a start in the league . Though Haller should if played with two up top but that is not likely to happen any time soon due to having such a unbalanced squad and even Lanzini , and I still think Johnson is a far better LB then RB .
2 games a week, late KO on Sunday. Have to rotate in the EFL Cup especially the way we adopted a press v Wolves. You can't sustain that level twice a week.

It was also a way to assess those not in the side last week against PL opposition.

The team last night dont work hard enough however much they cost. The team last Sunday do.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

h69 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:23 pm
Clayton wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:30 am

2 games a week, late KO on Sunday. Have to rotate in the EFL Cup especially the way we adopted a press v Wolves. You can't sustain that level twice a week.

It was also a way to assess those not in the side last week against PL opposition.

The team last night dont work hard enough however much they cost. The team last Sunday do.
Still say playing Snodgrass and Noble in midfield against Premier league inform opposition was a very bad call and our downfall ( no way either would ever make the starting eleven in my book ) . Both Anderson and Yarmalenko were constantly being swamped in possession , we were being sliced open in midfield with ease , and our fullbacks had no synergy with our inside forwards probably because Everton could so easily move from defence to attack leaving us wide open at the back ( which was happening constantly not that long ago ) before we acquired Soucek and moved to a back 3 .

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Maybe I'm old school, but if the microphone headed beefeater faced cunt can't or won't be arsed to play for us then stick him in the reserves and play the cunt on bog pitches. Fuck him.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

As for Johnson....he was supposed to be a RB anyway and everyone was calling for us to play a strong side so they would have been crucified for putting the kids in.

They certainly wouldn't have been crucified by me. And I agree it is inconceivable that some people want to see Fornals discarded to accommodate Anderson. But why not play some kids ? We know, and I imaging the management also do, that the likes of Anderson don't really want to be here, most, if not all, his decent matches came under Pellegrini. We assume, sadly, that Lanzini's last injury has fucked him and he is no longer good enought for first team football, and we also know that Snodgrass, whilst being a good pro and a decent squad player, is just that. A squad player. Noble has been a great servant to the club but he's very much on borrowed time now.

So why play them and deny the likes of Ashby, Alese and Coventry, to name 3 in recent squads, the opportunity of showing what they can do ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:12 pm
As for Johnson....he was supposed to be a RB anyway and everyone was calling for us to play a strong side so they would have been crucified for putting the kids in.

They certainly wouldn't have been crucified by me. And I agree it is inconceivable that some people want to see Fornals discarded to accommodate Anderson. But why not play some kids ? We know, and I imaging the management also do, that the likes of Anderson don't really want to be here, most, if not all, his decent matches came under Pellegrini. We assume, sadly, that Lanzini's last injury has fucked him and he is no longer good enought for first team football, and we also know that Snodgrass, whilst being a good pro and a decent squad player, is just that. A squad player. Noble has been a great servant to the club but he's very much on borrowed time now.

So why play them and deny the likes of Ashby, Alese and Coventry, to name 3 in recent squads, the opportunity of showing what they can do ?
Your suggesting that someone like Lampard would have elevated them into the squad/1st team and then solved those problems within a month. And saved buying a RB from Sparta Praque.

David Moyes doesn't operate in that fashion and we can see that without glasses. I suspect Irvine and Pearce are even more limited. Which basically means the future is not bright or sunny

h69

Post by h69 »

Like I said, I would have played them personally. I believe that is the best use of the EFL cup games especially if we are to play this pressing game in the PL. A good way of introducing the younger kids to that system so that they are ready when called on but there are a lot of fans who wanted a more senior side out there and since there was no way we could recreate that level of effort from Wed then the reserve side was probably the option most suited to that. Some were even suggesting Anderson and Haller should be playing in the first team even after Wolves.

h69

Post by h69 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:45 pm

Your suggesting that someone like Lampard would have elevated them into the squad/1st team and then solved those problems within a month. And saved buying a RB from Sparta Praque.

David Moyes doesn't operate in that fashion and we can see that without glasses. I suspect Irvine and Pearce are even more limited. Which basically means the future is not bright or sunny
Lampard should have stuck with the kids but having spent all that money I honestly do not think they are that much stronger at present though time will tell when the new players bed in. For all the kids he has like Tomori etc, they are still looking for another CB and having bought Havertz and Werner, what will happen to Hudson-Odoi and Abraham ? The pressure is on him this season though and I think he is feeling it judging by his demeanour on the
touchline.

I hope he succeeds as I like the fella even though I am not a huge fan of Chelsea (I dont really hate them though)

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Well we certainly have had our fair share of underachievers, and we now have more than our fair share of underachievers. Benteke anyone?