Felippe Anderson: The question that requires an answer

Chat about anything football related here!
garnett

Re: Felippe Anderson: The question that requires an answer

Post by garnett »

He lacked effort and desire yesterday, no change there then david

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:42 am He lacked effort and desire yesterday, no change there then david
I watched the other game and although we won comfortably no one was really busting a gut which was understandable for a friendly. Tbh I've never considered Anderson's effort to be in question but his overall body language and manner gives off a very negative vibe imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Post by 9898 »

Towie wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:41 pm “When signing players, Brentford have another unusual aide: Smartodds, Benham's company, which provides statistical research to gamblers.

In January, the Brentford B-team signed 18-year-old Swedish winger Henrik Johansson, Garrincha's grandson, from Halmstads. Rowan discussed the player with Smartodds' Swedish football analyst and used him to gather information on the player to inform their decision.

"I feel far more confident scouting players here than I've ever felt before because you can get a lot of information to de-risk the decision," Rowan says. "The more information you get, the less risk there is in place. Basically what we're good at is minimising the risk."

While Brentford's approach is informed by numbers, it does not displace human judgement or scouting. "Data is a big part of the recruitment process," Ankersen says. "There's no player I've ever recruited at Brentford without data having its say, but also no player recruited without the traditional method having had a say."

The club analyse players' personalities when they recruit, especially to judge whether foreign players can adapt to a new culture. There are typically 25 scouting reports compiled on each footballer before they join Brentford's first team, and 10 for those joining the B-team. Before players are bought, there is coordination between the coaching staff, scouting department and directors of football.”

Here Numbnuts is the full quote, as you can see data analysis is a major part of their transfer policy.
They don’t sign a player without it.

Bad night for you my little troll.
I shouldn't really get distracted by you, but I will humour you one more time.

You stated: 'Ffs Brentford base their whole transfer policy on stats'

Now that article states that Brentford have 25 scout reports for players they sign. A person representing Brentford, physically goes and watches the player 25 times before signing him. Is that clear?

That means the statement you wrote about Brentford base their whole transfer policy on stats is absolute rubbish. Nonsense. #
They use human opinion on 25 separate occasions before signing a player. That means their transfer policy is far, far more human opinion based than any other club.
Tell me another club who use human opinion more than Brentford when signing a player?
Last edited by 9898 on Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

All that fucking palaver and they couldn’t win a play off final.

palerider

Post by palerider »

The question is, are we going to get £150 or £200 in Argos vouchers for him ?

I'd take the hit and go for the former.

Post by 9898 »

palerider wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:01 am The question is, are we going to get £150 or £200 in Argos vouchers for him ?

I'd take the hit and go for the former.
Fill yer boots
https://www.poundstretcher.co.uk/best-offers

Post by 9898 »

Dolfo wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:53 am The more pertinent question is:

Why do you give Numbers the time of day? He's always on the wind up and thrives on people replying to him.

Ignore the cunt and suffocate his massively inflated ego.
My ego is very firmly in check. I see it as the size of England when, in reality, it should be viewed as the size of Europe.
Humble person me.

Towie

Post by Towie »

9898 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:02 am
Towie wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:41 pm “When signing players, Brentford have another unusual aide: Smartodds, Benham's company, which provides statistical research to gamblers.

In January, the Brentford B-team signed 18-year-old Swedish winger Henrik Johansson, Garrincha's grandson, from Halmstads. Rowan discussed the player with Smartodds' Swedish football analyst and used him to gather information on the player to inform their decision.

"I feel far more confident scouting players here than I've ever felt before because you can get a lot of information to de-risk the decision," Rowan says. "The more information you get, the less risk there is in place. Basically what we're good at is minimising the risk."

While Brentford's approach is informed by numbers, it does not displace human judgement or scouting. "Data is a big part of the recruitment process," Ankersen says. "There's no player I've ever recruited at Brentford without data having its say, but also no player recruited without the traditional method having had a say."

The club analyse players' personalities when they recruit, especially to judge whether foreign players can adapt to a new culture. There are typically 25 scouting reports compiled on each footballer before they join Brentford's first team, and 10 for those joining the B-team. Before players are bought, there is coordination between the coaching staff, scouting department and directors of football.”

Here Numbnuts is the full quote, as you can see data analysis is a major part of their transfer policy.
They don’t sign a player without it.

Bad night for you my little troll.
I shouldn't really get distracted by you, but I will humour you one more time.

You stated: 'Ffs Brentford base their whole transfer policy on stats'

Now that article states that Brentford have 25 scout reports for players they sign. A person representing Brentford, physically goes and watches the player 25 times before signing him. Is that clear?

That means the statement you wrote about Brentford base their whole transfer policy on stats is absolute rubbish. Nonsense. #
They use human opinion on 25 separate occasions before signing a player. That means their transfer policy is far, far more human opinion based than any other club.
Tell me another club who use human opinion more than Brentford when signing a player?
Bend it however you want Numbnuts, the below statement is very clear data drives recruitment process backed up by scouting reports which btw will include data analysis.

I don’t believe I need say anymore on the matter and will let you have the last say.

Do your best as it not been good enough so far,
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Post by 9898 »

Someone please remind me, is Anderson world class?

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Who said world class ? Very few players attain that status. You can't judge any player who has to contend with Noble in the midfield. He'll look a different player with a decent midfield, something he hasn't had the luxury of here.