Our fans reaction to our Team taking the knee

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Our fans reaction to our Team taking the knee

Post by BlackDiamond »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:17 am It really bugs me,big time.

Too many sheep in this country.What ever is fashionable,we will go along with it.

Very political and should have no place in sport.

KICK RACISM OUT..I am all for that and will back that every day of the week,.but not BLM.
We need to be careful with sheep especially the black sort. And Swans can pose a problem. too. In Swan Lake there is the battle between good and evil portrayed by the white swan and black swan. Contentious stuff.

However,everyone likes Black Beauty and being crossed by a Black Cat is said to be lucky. So we are almost even here and if we chuck in the Black Panther as one of the good guys then bobs your uncle

And for those who like to mix things up, you have your ordinary Zebra and much loved Panda to support. It seem confusing at first,but things shake themselves out in the end...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:58 am

Too many sheep in this country.What ever is fashionable,we will go along with it.

KICK RACISM OUT..I am all for that and will back that every day of the week,.but not BLM.
We need to be careful with sheep especially the black sort. And Swans can pose a problem. too. In Swan Lake there is the battle between good and evil portrayed by the white swan and black swan. Contentious stuff.

However,everyone likes Black Beauty and being crossed by a Black Cat is said to be lucky. So we are almost even here and if we chuck in the Black Panther as one of the good guys then bobs your uncle

And for those who like to mix things up, you have your ordinary Zebra and much loved Panda to support. It seem confusing at first,but things shake themselves out in the end...
I think this taking of the knee should be extended into the white knuckle world of competitive chess.

Why does white always get to go first ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

:lol:

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:00 am

I think this taking of the knee should be extended into the white knuckle world of competitive chess.

How about every white British soldier taking the knee every time they go into combat against one or more persons with a skin tone darker than “olive”?
And whilst we’re at it, to be extra nice let’s give them blanks so that we can ensure we’re doing the “right thing” and being good citizens.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

How about every white British soldier taking the knee every time they go into combat against one or more persons with a skin tone darker than “olive”?
And whilst we’re at it, to be extra nice let’s give them blanks so that we can ensure we’re doing the “right thing” and being good citizens.
Yeah....."United"

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

I’ve never seen one before but I’m guessing it’s a “white hole”.....
Yeah....."United"

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Interesting question.The first recorded rule requiring White to move first, I believe, was the rules handbook of the New York 1880 tournament. Thereafter it became an adopted standard,so I suppose we can blame the Yanks for the whole bloody mess.

In the middle ages it was Black who was allowed to move first and this just illustrates how liberal times were. Not much fun if you were a witch but that's the price for trial-and-error progress...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:40 pm

Interesting question.The first recorded rule requiring White to move first, I believe, was the rules handbook of the New York 1880 tournament. Thereafter it became an adopted standard,so I suppose we can blame the Yanks for the whole bloody mess.

In the middle ages it was Black who was allowed to move first and this just illustrates how liberal times were. Not much fun if you were a witch but that's the price for trial-and-error progress...
Now that we're round to witches can I point out that apparently there are two types of witch.

White witches--who whizz around their little world doing acts of kindness and generally contributing to the feel good factor.

Black witches--which, like the white variety, is not a reference to skin pigmentation but simply a term given to those witches who, traditionally, are depicted wearing black, own a black cat or two and fly around on broomsticks carrying out wanton acts of mayhem whilst usually cackling loudly.

As a footnote may I add that I have no idea where Ipswich fits into this fascinating journey into the occult. But it will probably signal the end of civilisation as we know it when the aforementioned football team from Suffolk meet COVENtry City. We are all doomed I tell you.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Diamondhammer

Post by Diamondhammer »

Looks like they are going to continue taking the knee........ 😡
I shall now be following my local non-league team from now on, I’m finished with the Premier League and West Ham after 50 something years, wankers the lot of them.

garnett

Post by garnett »

A big step taken by the PL changing badges, designed I believe to eradicate the "knee".