Our fans reaction to our Team taking the knee

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: Our fans reaction to our Team taking the knee

Post by mkhammer »

Flairon wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:17 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:54 am
That's dictated by social media and what the "influencer's" decide is worthy. On Monday something is "important" and "edgy" and a month later is deemed naff and stale. It's a funny phenomena but people seem to think more about what others are thinking than backing their own thoughts.

And social media amplifies this and accelerates the latest fashionable position to adopt
Never understood the whole "influencer" thing myself. Are people so mindless that they need someone to tell them what is cool and what is not.
Absolute Yes Flair...see it time and time again...

You'd halfway expect it from kids,we're all a little anti establishment/anarchistic when teenagers,but these day it's the
20s and even 30 year olds that are sheep as well......strange cos in the Internet age thought people would be more
genned up.
Really proves people only hear what they wanna hear...and maybe scared of digging to deep into something for
fear of finding something they don't like....

Truth Hurts ...... ;)

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:44 am
Never understood the whole "influencer" thing myself. Are people so mindless that they need someone to tell them what is cool and what is not.
In a single word------hang on a minute-----just got to see what You Tube says----when I've checked it out I'll give you my opinion. ;)

Seriously It's been going on a long time before social media mate. You must have been to, or seen, group meetings where a vote gets taken by a show of hands. Watch what happens. A few hands go up then one or two more. And when there's quite a few hands up the rest of the sheep obey the majority.

So to answer your question I'd say that people who haven't got a mind of their own outnumber those that do.
I suspect privately they do have a mind of their own,but succumb to peer pressure plus a desire to be on the side that's winning. Don't stand alone,because than others will judge you and that causes anxiety for some. Then of course, there are those who just follow a leader.

I was on a jury trial where I ended up the sole dissenter against a majority guilty verdict. It's interesting when you put yourself in a corner and face hostility alone. But I'm a pedantic sod and could quote the Judge's initial jury instruction at the start of trial and my own logical position after listening to all the evidence.

Quite a stalemate. But I relented in the end,basically out of common decency,recognising it was pub time. You don't win friends but you do gain a sort of respect...or they think your a cunt

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:17 pm

In a single word------hang on a minute-----just got to see what You Tube says----when I've checked it out I'll give you my opinion. ;)

Seriously It's been going on a long time before social media mate. You must have been to, or seen, group meetings where a vote gets taken by a show of hands. Watch what happens. A few hands go up then one or two more. And when there's quite a few hands up the rest of the sheep obey the majority.

So to answer your question I'd say that people who haven't got a mind of their own outnumber those that do.
I suspect privately they do have a mind of their own,but succumb to peer pressure plus a desire to be on the side that's winning. Don't stand alone,because then others will judge you and that causes anxiety for some. Then of course, there are those who just follow a leader.

I was on a jury trial where I ended up the sole dissenter against a majority guilty verdict. It's interesting when you put yourself in a corner and face hostility alone. But I'm a pedantic sod and could quote the Judge's initial jury instruction at the start of trial and my own logical position after listening to all the evidence.

Quite a stalemate. But I relented in the end,basically out of common decency,recognising it was pub time. You don't win friends but you do gain a sort of respect...or they think your a cunt

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:17 pm

I suspect privately they do have a mind of their own,but succumb to peer pressure plus a desire to be on the side that's winning. Don't stand alone,because than others will judge you and that causes anxiety for some. Then of course, there are those who just follow a leader.

So a possibly innocent man did bird cos it was beer time .

Nice :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:14 am

You'd halfway expect it from kids,we're all a little anti establishment/anarchistic when teenagers,but these day it's the
20s and even 30 year olds that are sheep as well......strange cos in the Internet age thought people would be more
genned up.
Really proves people only hear what they wanna hear...and maybe scared of digging to deep into something for

Truth Hurts ...... ;)
Funny you've identified it as an age thing because in my experience it's the greybeards (my age group in other words ;) ) who are the sheep. I tend to find the younger age groups are likely to be more contrary, possibly die to the reasons you state. I've found generally they have far more idea what's going on than the over 60s who tend to wither up when asked to justify their opinions.

And BDs reference to juries is interesting. The time I served I think there were only about 4 of us who I would have trusted to go out on their own, never mind weigh up complex evidence which could affect someone's life forever.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

mkhammer wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:14 am

You'd halfway expect it from kids,we're all a little an
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:55 pm Funny you've identified it as an age thing because in my experience it's the greybeards (my age group in other words ;) ) who are the sheep. I tend to find the younger age groups are likely to be more contrary, possibly die to the reasons you state. I've found generally they have far more idea what's going on than the over 60s who tend to wither up when asked to justify their opinions.

And BDs reference to juries is interesting. The time I served I think there were only about 4 of us who I would have trusted to go out on their own, never mind weigh up complex evidence which could affect someone's life forever.
ti establishment/anarchistic when teenagers,but these day it's the
genned up.

Truth Hurts ...... ;)
The problem is where do you look for the truth these days. The press seem to have it's own agenda and you simply do not know what to believe. Take the 17 year old in Kenosha. If you listen to Tucker Carlson he is a National Hero, whereas to me; he looks like a gun totting, Trump supporting murderer.
Flairon

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

And if you do, you get shouted down.
Flairon

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I’d just like to bump this thread up to the top again by saying that I’m very disappointed that these spineless cunts will continue to “take a knee” during the upcoming season .
With all the shit going on at the moment and our impending relegation I wasn’t looking forward to it that much anyway but now it means even more live West Ham I won’t be able to bring myself to watch .

How long is this charade going to continue ffs ?
Bring back Jonathon !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:40 am I’d just like to bump this thread up to the top again by saying that I’m very disappointed that these spineless cunts will continue to “take a knee” during the upcoming season .
With all the shit going on at the moment and our impending relegation I wasn’t looking forward to it that much anyway but now it means even more live West Ham I won’t be able to bring myself to watch .

How long is this charade going to continue ffs ?
The authorities are leaving the decision up to the players. Continue playing charades or act like men.

Which really means,somebody on the playing staff at Arsenal after a quick face-call with Raheem gets to decide. It's the Lewis Hamilton effect without hair extensions

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

It really bugs me,big time.

Too many sheep in this country.What ever is fashionable,we will go along with it.

Very political and should have no place in sport.

KICK RACISM OUT..I am all for that and will back that every day of the week,.but not BLM.