Play Off Final

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Play Off Final

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:43 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:57 pm

He probably is. But I'm guessing there are better than him out there somewhere.

And a word of praise for Scott Parker. He seemed to change Fulham's formation to pretty much a 4-4-2 tonight and against Cardiff they were more a 4-3-3. Brentford seemed totally fucked by it and Thomas Frank didn't seem to have any idea how to address the problems his team were having.

But Fulham look very short on quality and I'd expect them to be one of the favourites for the trapdoor. A bit like, in fact a lot like, Norwich. Try to play football the right way but without the players to do it successfully.
You are right plenty out there better, more about what we can afford.
True. Sad that it's a very low bar when it comes to improvement.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:40 pm What a total fucking bore fest. Can only recall a keeper having to make one save.

And those people saying we should make a move for Benrahma can wash their mouths out. Total fucking show pony. Mitrovic will probably win this for Fulham.
Well it certainly livened up in extra time, as did Benrahma. Having said that, I have to agree with WM in that I would not take the risk on Benrahma. He just did not show enough quality consistently throughput the game for me.
Flairon

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

And in good news, by securing their place in the Premiership, Fulham forfeit the balance of their parachute payments. That cash gets divided among the Premiership teams, so more cash for us.
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Flairon wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:27 am And in good news, by securing their place in the Premiership, Fulham forfeit the balance of their parachute payments. That cash gets divided among the Premiership teams, so more cash for us.
Loose change mate. I think it's something like £25 million split between the 19 clubs. Might even be the full 20 who played in the PL last season.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:31 am
Flairon wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:27 am And in good news, by securing their place in the Premiership, Fulham forfeit the balance of their parachute payments. That cash gets divided among the Premiership teams, so more cash for us.
Loose change mate. I think it's something like £25 million split between the 19 clubs. Might even be the full 20 who played in the PL last season.
Every little helps mate. It'll enable the club to buy some nice scones and clotted cream at least.
Flairon

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Gutted really wanted Brentford to have their crack at top table...even if dropped,money would secure them for a while....
Outside the 3 Toerags....like seeing London sides do well..even our south east london Bruvs.... :lol:
But Never got going...
Thought Cairney and Reed were brilliant in MF for Fulham...controlled the game from there...Control the MF you win the
game....is the way Parker plays and sets up...Always wanted Cairney here,really good footballer,could/should be playing for a top
side....surprised no ones picked him up...would imagine been feelers...think we were linked with him for a while..
Reminds me of Carrick a bit.

Not sure bout Mitrovic....don't need another Moody Bod up front...plus think we need to stick with Haller...can't play em
together....wouldn't leave Fulham for us anyway.
Benrama..no not really...good but we don't need him....seems to play wide left mostly...drifts in,we've got players for that...plus
would rather work Grady D back in TBH ,than him.

But well done Scotty....really meant a lot to him...like seeing that...Maybe couple years you might be back with us...wouldn't
mind that..
Trouble is would mean Fulham would need to drop at some point ,meaning he would have failed there....
it's a funny old game.... :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Flairon wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:41 am
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:31 am

Every little helps mate. It'll enable the club to buy some nice scones and clotted cream at least.
I somehow don't see the Dildo Twins as being scones and clotted cream aficionados tbh.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:02 am Gutted really wanted Brentford to have their crack at top table...even if dropped,money would secure them for a while....
Outside the 3 Toerags....like seeing London sides do well..even our south east london Bruvs.... :lol:
But Never got going...
Thought Cairney and Reed were brilliant in MF for Fulham...controlled the game from there...Control the MF you win the
game....is the way Parker plays and sets up...Always wanted Cairney here,really good footballer,could/should be playing for a top
side....surprised no ones picked him up...would imagine been feelers...think we were linked with him for a while..

Not sure bout Mitrovic....don't need another Moody Bod up front...plus think we need to stick with Haller...can't play em
Benrama..no not really...good but we don't need him....seems to play wide left mostly...drifts in,we've got players for that...plus

But well done Scotty....really meant a lot to him...like seeing that...Maybe couple years you might be back with us...wouldn't
mind that..
Trouble is would mean Fulham would need to drop at some point ,meaning he would have failed there....
I think you're doing Mitrovic a disservice labelling him as moody. He's certainly got a short fuse but I wouldn't say his attitude was bad. He coule easily have left Fulham when they dropped, apparently there were offers, but he stayed with them.

He can play as a lone striker which seems to be our strategy which is a role which doesn't suit Haller. Not Haller's fault of course. But Fulham going up has scuppered any chance of him leaving so the question is a bit irrelevant now.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:22 am
mkhammer wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:02 am Gutted really wanted Brentford to have their crack at top table...even if dropped,money would secure them for a while....
But Never got going...

mind that..
I think you're doing Mitrovic a disservice labelling him as moody. He's certainly got a short fuse but I wouldn't say his attitude was bad. He coule easily have left Fulham when they dropped, apparently there were offers, but he stayed with them.

He can play as a lone striker which seems to be our strategy which is a role which doesn't suit Haller. Not Haller's fault of course. But Fulham going up has scuppered any chance of him leaving so the question is a bit irrelevant now.
Nah he's a cracking player.......but I like the Idea of ..Micky-Haller-Bowen as a front 3...he or another comes in that changes,
cos he wont bench sit...nor any other 30 mill plus ... :lol: ..signing will...

Did laugh at the push yesterday....would have Toppled Tyson Fury......looks at the bloke and goes..hands in the air..WTFs
wrong with you falling over..... :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:57 am
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:22 am

Nah he's a cracking player.......but I like the Idea of ..Micky-Haller-Bowen as a front 3...he or another comes in that changes,
cos he wont bench sit...nor any other 30 mill plus ... :lol: ..signing will...

Did laugh at the push yesterday....would have Toppled Tyson Fury......looks at the bloke and goes..hands in the air..WTFs
wrong with you falling over..... :lol:
As you say there's no way he would bench sit. The only way he, or a player like him, should be brought in is if Moyes has decided he doesn't fancy Haller. Maybe he's already decided Antonio is going to be his main option up front. He was certainly a revelation towards the end of the season. Question is can he keep up that standard and, more importantly, stay fit ?