football grounds now defunct

Chat about anything football related here!
Baddowhammer

Re: football grounds now defunct

Post by Baddowhammer »

cockneyhammer wrote:any suggestions?
I forget why they split now,was it because of Glazers involvement?

H4L

Post by H4L »

FC United of Manchester... fair fuckin play!

BoleynBadges

Post by BoleynBadges »

aylesbury united buckingham road

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Only lived about 10mins from the ground, probably one of the highlights was when England played there.

H4L

Post by H4L »

Have Aylesbury moved to a new stadium now? Pretty sure they played against Ashford Town this season.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

H4L wrote:Have Aylesbury moved to a new stadium now? Pretty sure they played against Ashford Town this season.
There are two Aylesbury teams, Aylesbury united, which the photos of the old ground show, they now play at Chesham United ground about 20 miles outside of Aylesbury and play in Division One Central of the Southern League. There is also Aylesbury FC who play on the outskirts of Aylesbury in the Southern League Division One East.

BoleynBadges

Post by BoleynBadges »

i am thinking of doing some abroad thoughts???? i have a few in mind :D

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Post by eastcoastclaret »

cockneyhammer wrote:i am thinking of doing some abroad thoughts???? i have a few in mind :D
Firstly, this is a fantastic thread fella. For those that haven’t for quite a while may I suggest they start at the beginning and re read through over a morning coffee. It’s great to remember we aren’t the only ones who have had to move.

Whatever keeps this thread going CH, as it would be a shame for it to end and I’m sure there are some great grounds abroad that it would be good to see and know some history.

Personally I love looking at the pics of old grounds. Some are sad, some remind you that change is inevitable. Sometimes, though hard to come to terms at the time, show how clubs have moved on. The important part is that the memories aren’t forgotten.
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

BoleynBadges

Post by BoleynBadges »

thanks for the kind words ecc it makes all the hard work worth it when you pick up nice comments like that reagarding going back to the start very sadly for some reason the images have all gone

all tou get is the word image sad as it has taken hard work to research and to down load all the photos bit like the gossip people read it but do not understand how much goes in to it down loading photos etc when there is none on the link
more so havining to type one finger looking through this pardon my french this fucking magnifing glass sady the eyes seem to be getting worse the past few weeks

s i have aid if anyone knows of any grounds that i have missed please feel very free to let me know or anything you would like to see featured it will be my pleasure to try and do what you all want

once again thanks for the kind words it means a lot

steve

BoleynBadges

Post by BoleynBadges »

as i said any suggestions most welcome