Pablo Fornals has grown this season

Chat about anything football related here!
Hammertime

Re: Pablo Fornals has grown this season

Post by Hammertime »

BCHammer wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:55 pm The club just released a youtube video with all our goals.

Fornals is involved in the build up to many of them.

He is not a left winger.

Play him in the #10 between Bowen & Antonio with Haller in front of him and Rice & Soucek behind him and we will see a player.

He won the Spain U21 tournament nearly on his own playing there.
I forgot what a good season Snodgrass was having pre covid and injury. He must have led the team in assists or close to it with those set pieces. Good to know we have McMessi coming back as squad depth and way to motivate the slackers in this squad. Wasn't he a Moyes signing?
#fuckqatar2022

Towie

Post by Towie »

Hammertime wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:18 pm
BCHammer wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:55 pm The club just released a youtube video with all our goals.

Fornals is involved in the build up to many of them.

He is not a left winger.

Play him in the #10 between Bowen & Antonio with Haller in front of him and Rice & Soucek behind him and we will see a player.

He won the Spain U21 tournament nearly on his own playing there.
I forgot what a good season Snodgrass was having pre covid and injury. He must have led the team in assists or close to it with those set pieces. Good to know we have McMessi coming back as squad depth and way to motivate the slackers in this squad. Wasn't he a Moyes signing?
Nope a board signing as a replacement for Payet, Bilic apparently asked him what position he played... :o
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Towie wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:28 pm
Hammertime wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:18 pm

Nope a board signing as a replacement for Payet, Bilic apparently asked him what position he played... :o
Snoddy should have nutted the cunt ,he could have thrown himself on the floor properly the fucking cheating wanker.

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter »

Fornals had hand in a lot of goals in the second half of season.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Doesn't make my starting 11 I'm afraid....doesn't mean he's not a very good player...who WILL improve....just think
Anderson is much better and would have him in the role Nobes was playing last few games...pretty much a free role
CMFer........Anderson -Rice-Soucek..................Mickey-Haller-Bowen.....in a 4-3-3,for me is maybe our best starting set up.

Not sure who Moyes prefers...think he was just sticking with a winning side at the end...Needs Must...I'd have done the same,
but next year will be different I reckon..

Jacko1966

Post by Jacko1966 »

9898 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:54 pm
Hammertime wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:23 pm

His positioning when covering lb has been outstanding in the run-in, it's the reason we've barely seen a peep out of fit again Anderson. Noticed again this weekend how quickly we transitioned from attack to good defensive shape, Soucek, Rice, Fornals, Noble and Bowen all had a good idea what their jobs were at both ends of the pitch. This credit has to got to Moyes, it was something severely lacking under Pellegrini.

Fornals is linking nicely with his passing too, started a few moves that led to goals and I think he's going to be a piece to slot into a creative mid, but must be surrounded by like players. His link-up and almost 6 th sense understanding with Cebellos in the U21 WC was fun to watch and I would love to see him continue his growth with our squad.

So, we sign a young, attacking Spanish midfielder........because he's 'outstanding' at covering the left back. :lol: :lol:

I really have heard it all now.
"We" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

9898 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:54 pm
Hammertime wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:23 pm

His positioning when covering lb has been outstanding in the run-in, it's the reason we've barely seen a peep out of fit again Anderson. Noticed again this weekend how quickly we transitioned from attack to good defensive shape, Soucek, Rice, Fornals, Noble and Bowen all had a good idea what their jobs were at both ends of the pitch. This credit has to got to Moyes, it was something severely lacking under Pellegrini.

Fornals is linking nicely with his passing too, started a few moves that led to goals and I think he's going to be a piece to slot into a creative mid, but must be surrounded by like players. His link-up and almost 6 th sense understanding with Cebellos in the U21 WC was fun to watch and I would love to see him continue his growth with our squad.

So, we sign a young, attacking Spanish midfielder........because he's 'outstanding' at covering the left back. :lol: :lol:

I really have heard it all now.
It is quite clear that in no way, shape or form did he state, imply or infer that we signed "a young, attacking Spanish midfielder......because he's 'outstanding' at covering the left back. hey, but whatever floats your boat.
Flairon

Towie

Post by Towie »

Interesting tweet I saw earlier, everyone has been raving about Mason Mount this season, now he has 54 appearances , 8 goals, 6 assists.

Fornals 45 appearances, 6 goals 6 assists.

So in a team that scored more goals and creates more chances Mount has similar stats to Fornals.

What you make of that Numbnuts?
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Towie wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:51 pm Interesting tweet I saw earlier, everyone has been raving about Mason Mount this season, now he has 54 appearances , 8 goals, 6 assists.

So in a team that scored more goals and creates more chances Mount has similar stats to Fornals.

I know what I make of that but I’m interested to see the views of the numerical one :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:33 pm
Towie wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:51 pm Interesting tweet I saw earlier, everyone has been raving about Mason Mount this season, now he has 54 appearances , 8 goals, 6 assists.

I know what I make of that but I’m interested to see the views of the numerical one :lol:
Seriously ? You are actually interested in it's views. ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?