Is it time to look for a Fabianski replacement?

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: Is it time to look for a Fabianski replacement?

Post by ToneLoc »

Yes.
He’s been excellent but is now starting to look far less confident and error prone. Probably it’s old Father Time knocking on the door.
His “performance” yesterday came at a good time.
Had he put in an excellent performance yesterday it would’ve papered over the cracks and increased the likelihood of Moyes ignoring the dilemma.
It’s now something Moyes has to think about because the shit will really hit the fan next season if we have another goalkeeping nightmare spell straight after this season.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Cost us points at Liverpool - cost us a goal against Villa.

Was superb last season

When your keeper costs you points you need to have a plan to replace him and that plan needs to be better than Randulph

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

only1salty wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:31 am Cost us points at Liverpool - cost us a goal against Villa.

Was superb last season

When your keeper costs you points you need to have a plan to replace him and that plan needs to be better than Randulph

Saved us points at Man U and countless other times this season. Did take a hit with the injury and getting his form back, but given the lack of funds available, his contract, the emergence of Trott and the fact we still have Randolph, I'd say this is not a priority in this short turnaround. His contract expires at the end of next season and by then this thread will be relevant.
#fuckqatar2022

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Failing to plan is planning to fail

Randolph not a premier league option - Trott needs a season as a championship number 1 as a minimum

Hopefully Fabianski can get his form back

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

only1salty wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:55 pm Failing to plan is planning to fail

Randolph not a premier league option - Trott needs a season as a championship number 1 as a minimum

Hopefully Fabianski can get his form back
It's already back in my opinion, and he will be our keeper in Sept. Randolph is a fine backup and another year on loan will see Trott in better shape for 2022 season. We can plan accordingly next year.
#fuckqatar2022

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Did you miss the Grealish goal that went straight through him 2 days ago?

Randolph is shit. Was the first time round - not got better despite the fact we got him for free because the team we sold him to no longer wanted to pay for him!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Them soppy cunts will re-sign fucking Adrian.

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

Since when did we expect our keepers to be perfect?

He's the least of our problems. A very safe pair of hands to my mind. Good for another three years.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Mikeveep wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:23 pm Since when did we expect our keepers to be perfect?

He's the least of our problems. A very safe pair of hands to my mind. Good for another three years.
Since we had Phil Parkes (showing my age) and Ludek Miklosko I'd guess.

No keeper is perfect and if a keeper makes a mistake it's 99% certain it ends up as a goal. Fabianski has been excellent but without really trying I can recall three games, Brighton, Liverpool at Anfield and Villa where elementary mistakes have been costly. And I don't remember too many occasions in 2018/19 where he cost us. Which I'm guessing is why th OP asked the question.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:14 pm
Mikeveep wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:23 pm Since when did we expect our keepers to be perfect?

Since we had Phil Parkes (showing my age) and Ludek Miklosko I'd guess.

No keeper is perfect and if a keeper makes a mistake it's 99% certain it ends up as a goal. Fabianski has been excellent but without really trying I can recall three games, Brighton, Liverpool at Anfield and Villa where elementary mistakes have been costly. And I don't remember too many occasions in 2018/19 where he cost us. Which I'm guessing is why th OP asked the question.
You’re correct of course and hopefully Flappy will be good for the next year or two but surely it’s just basic football management that once your keeper gets to a certain age you plan and budget for his eventual replacement ?

Or is that too easy for West Ham ?
Bring back Jonathon !