Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
h69
Posts: 4430
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex
x 179
x 105

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by h69 »

ToneLoc wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:37 pm
Not making a fourth bid following on from a third bid that they didn’t make.....
https://insidefutbol.com/2020/09/17/wes ... ki/472782/

Hands up who saw this coming?
Not worth 30m let alone more.

User avatar
h69
Posts: 4430
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex
x 179
x 105

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:30 pm
andyginbrasil wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:07 pm
You know what's coming next.......the only way Sullivan can sell Rice and pass the buck is by instigating Rice to ask to move ( which I don't blame the lad ) ....total turmoil at the club, no incoming transfers, ( we will not attract decent players to improve the team, who the fuck want's to join us), team moral at an absolute low, a manager totally inept regarding tactics and team selection, absolutely no chance of any silverware now or in the future, a fan base on the point of rebellion......all down to Sullivan.......but Sullivan will announce in the last week of the transfer window.....'we had to sell Rice because he asked for a transfer' ..........the sad thing is he will think we will accept it.... and turn our anger towards Rice......wrong :oops: :oops:
Even without the dwarf's presence how could anybody blame Rice if he wanted to go to a club more suited to his abilities ? Footballers are no different to anybody else insofar as I'm sure they want to reach the highest level of their chosen profession. Tbh I'm surprised he hasn't requested a move before now. I certainly would have had I been in his position.
Rice's family all support Chelsea and if any person on this forum says that they would not leave their job for a better job for more money and more personal gain they would be lying. Players are human. I believe though that he wont ask for a move as he feels he will get one at some point anyway.

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 11457
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 37
x 223

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:49 pm
ToneLoc wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:37 pm
Not making a fourth bid following on from a third bid that they didn’t make.....
https://insidefutbol.com/2020/09/17/wes ... ki/472782/

Hands up who saw this coming?
Not worth 30m let alone more.
Another example of a player's value being inflated because of his nationality imo.The home grown rule has a lot to answer for imo.
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
andyginbrasil
Posts: 4224
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:05 am
Location: Brasil
x 76
x 75

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by andyginbrasil »

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:30 pm
andyginbrasil wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:07 pm
You know what's coming next.......the only way Sullivan can sell Rice and pass the buck is by instigating Rice to ask to move ( which I don't blame the lad ) ....total turmoil at the club, no incoming transfers, ( we will not attract decent players to improve the team, who the fuck want's to join us), team moral at an absolute low, a manager totally inept regarding tactics and team selection, absolutely no chance of any silverware now or in the future, a fan base on the point of rebellion......all down to Sullivan.......but Sullivan will announce in the last week of the transfer window.....'we had to sell Rice because he asked for a transfer' ..........the sad thing is he will think we will accept it.... and turn our anger towards Rice......wrong :oops: :oops:
Even without the dwarf's presence how could anybody blame Rice if he wanted to go to a club more suited to his abilities ? Footballers are no different to anybody else insofar as I'm sure they want to reach the highest level of their chosen profession. Tbh I'm surprised he hasn't requested a move before now. I certainly would have had I been in his position.
Ahhh.......But Sullivan is in charge....and if he wasn't who's to say with good owners,....manager...etc...why would he want to leave.....you know we are a CL team.... Sullivan told us..... :?

User avatar
ToneLoc
Posts: 9380
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:21 pm
x 99
x 147

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by ToneLoc »

h69 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:49 pm
ToneLoc wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:37 pm
Not making a fourth bid following on from a third bid that they didn’t make.....
https://insidefutbol.com/2020/09/17/wes ... ki/472782/

Hands up who saw this coming?
Not worth 30m let alone more.
How about Pale's 30m and 1p ?
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

User avatar
andyginbrasil
Posts: 4224
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:05 am
Location: Brasil
x 76
x 75

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by andyginbrasil »

Moussa Dembele ..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That should waste another couple of weeks....as if he would even consider us.....but we tried..... :oops: :oops:

User avatar
Clayton
Posts: 5949
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:29 pm
x 45
x 57

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by Clayton »

The season just gets better and better !
West Ham are ready to make a £4.5 million bid for 31 year old Besiktas defender Domagoj Vida . Definitely fits the criteria , of being young and hungry , and even going in with a cheeky bid under his current valuation of £5.4m , we are magnificent at what we do best .

And to top it off we are supposedly along with Everton wanting to sign Athletic Bilbao 23 year old centre-back Unai Nunez , we all know how that is going to end , being as he must be valued in the £25m ball park , if not more , but a loan deal could be in the offing as they are not keen to sell him .

Or if we are to believe some of the media we are after 30 year old LB Danny Rose , what a catch he would be .
Last edited by Clayton on Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BillyDWhizz
Posts: 3542
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:34 pm
x 8
x 73

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Yeah, I'm sure everyone at the club is absolutely raving about how good Arthur is. Utter bullshit. This is just spin so they can avoid having to fork out for a proper left back. Pretty sure there have been times when AC, Jack Wilshire, Lanzini, Snodgrass and Fredericks have all been 'the best in training' according to 'sources.'

https://www.hammers.news/tactics/inside ... -training/
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

User avatar
Clayton
Posts: 5949
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:29 pm
x 45
x 57

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by Clayton »

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:23 pm
Yeah, I'm sure everyone at the club is absolutely raving about how good Arthur is. Utter bullshit. This is just spin so they can avoid having to fork out for a proper left back. Pretty sure there have been times when AC, Jack Wilshire, Lanzini, Snodgrass and Fredericks have all been 'the best in training' according to 'sources.'

https://www.hammers.news/tactics/inside ... -training/
Poor Masuaku must have a phobia of proper football pitches , because he falls to pieces when he is on one . He may well be the best in training , but he definitely isn't in a match .
All this bollocks about him not being a left back and being a midfielder/winger is also crap , it's just wishful thinking by some fans wanting him to do better .

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 11457
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 37
x 223

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:04 pm
The season just gets better and better !
West Ham are ready to make a £4.5 million bid for 31 year old Besiktas defender Domagoj Vida . Definitely fits the criteria , of being young and hungry , and even going in with a cheeky bid under his current valuation of £5.4m , we are magnificent at what we do best .

And to top it off we are supposedly along with Everton wanting to sign Athletic Bilbao 23 year old centre-back Unai Nunez , we all know how that is going to end , being as he must be valued in the £25m ball park , if not more , but a loan deal could be in the offing as they are not keen to sell him .

Or if we are to believe some of the media we are after 30 year old LB Danny Rose , what a catch he would be .
In all seriousness Danny Rose would be a huge upgrade on what we have at present. And possibly available pretty cheap which will appeal. A far more sensible target than Tarkowski imo.

And as FIFA have ordered a payment of £5.2 million to Frankfurt for the Haller deal the key word in that sentence is cheap
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Post Reply