Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 11474
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 38
x 227

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:11 am
With the exception of clubs effectively owned by oil-rich countries, even the 'Big 6' are having to tighten their belts accordingly during these strange times. It's reported that the plastics have been quoted 70 million to buy Declan Rice, not a penny less but Abramovich, bless him, won't fork out the money unless Fat Frank unloads first. I feel so sorry for Roman. He must be going to the food banks by now.

But should they raise the cash, how much better or worse would we be ? Assuming the stunted fucker lets the Messiah have the money of course.

Well, we'd miss the lad greatly in terms of tackles, blocks and interceptions. His attacking game has come on too. But 70m buys a lot these days.

A new keeper, a new left-back, a back up central defender, another midfield player or two and a half-decent striker.

I don't like doing these possibility things in terms of money but..
My dear chap. I normally find your posts very well reasoned and rational. However having read this one I can only assume your account has been hacked and someone is posting under your nom de plume or you have partaken of a little too much of a certain alcoholic apple juice for which the county in which I believe you reside is noted.

Not an unreasonable wish list, but your solutions for filling the positions----well, really.
palerider wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:11 am
Ramsdale (Bournemouth)..Goalkeeper. 20 million. The blokes's good. And all good teams need a top keeper. Personally I think it's the most important signing of all as Fabs, love the guy, is swiftly going downhill.
I agree all good teams need a good keeper. But if we aspire to be a good team why on earth would we want Ramsdale ? Don't know what you see in him tbh. Swerve for me I'm afraid. Blokes just not PL quality imo. And £20 million :lol: :lol:
palerider wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:11 am
Robinson (Wigan)..Left back. 2 million. But AC Milan also want him. If not, Henry (Brentford). 4 million. Either way, a new left-back is also a must.
New left back is a must most deffo. A C Milan did want him once but he failed a medical because of some heart condition. No idea how good he is but must have something if A C were/are pursuing him. But although A C aren't the force they once were they are still a name and if he has the choice of West Ham or A C Milan-----
palerider wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:11 am
Duffy (Brighton)..Centre Half. Maybe 5 million. Experienced and no nonsense.
And presumably not in Brighton's first team for a reason. Looks to be a big lumbering oaf who makes Harry Maguire look like Virgil Van Dijk whilst himself ,more reminiscent of Dick Van Dyke. Not an upgrade on Balbuena imo. In fact quite the opposite.
palerider wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:11 am
Midfield options, Eze (QPR) net 15 million if Hugill goes the other way and Masopust (never heard of him but Soucek worked didn't it ?)..7 million say.
Slavia Prague gave a very good account of themselves in the C L and would have qualified from a lot of the groups imo. And as you say Soucek has worked very well. I'll pass on Eberechi Eze because I've been told Preparation H is a more effective treatment for the old chalfonts ;)
palerider wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:11 am
Watkins (Brentford)..Striker/forward. 18 million which is the release amount. Very good player.
Must admit I was impressed with the interview he gave after the Swansea play off second leg. I think you can tell a bit about a player from the way he deals with interviews. Haven't seen enough of him to really have an opinion on whether he's potentially good enough for the P L.
palerider wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:11 am
So, 69 million. Leaving the dwarf a million in spare change.

That's six players for one very good one. Some players they say are irreplaceable. Rice is getting near that status but he'll go sooner or later anyway and right now there's VFM to be had.
But the dwarf has promised the next level. When this level is attained, which it surely will be as the stunted little fucker wouldn't tell porkies, would he, Mr Rice will commit his future to West Ham and will not contemplating leaving the club until the club world championship trophy is nestling in the trophy cabinet. At which point he may decide to seek fresh challenges elsewhere. So we've got him for a few more years yet. 2020/21 qualification for the Champions League, 2021/22 Win the Champions League and then 2022/23 win the world club championship.

Done and dusted. Just as the stunted one promised. ;)
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
Flairon
Posts: 2241
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:45 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, U.S.A.
x 60
x 29
Contact:

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by Flairon »

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:12 am
Flairon wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:27 am
With the exception of Braithwaite we have been linked with some decent players tbf.

I must however say that I truly hope that the rumours about Braithwaite are false.
We don't need a player like Brathwaite imo. But, on the evidence of the play off final and what little I've seen of Brathwaite, if someone decided we do need a wide striker I'd rather see Brathwaite that Benrahma.

Marginally. But I stress I'd rather see neither.
On that I concur 100%. On a side note, what about the lad Eze at QPR. Is he worth the 20 million they are asking for?

There appear to be a whole host of you tube videos featuring the lad.
Last edited by Flairon on Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flairon

User avatar
Flairon
Posts: 2241
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:45 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, U.S.A.
x 60
x 29
Contact:

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by Flairon »

We are allegedly interested in taking Chelsea youngster Conor Gallagher on loan. He is a centra Midfielder who was on loan at Charlton and then Swansea last season. He apparently played 45 games with 6 goals and 11 assists.

I can't say I am familiar with him tbh.
Flairon

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 13010
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 241
x 230

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by Newmarket »

Flairon wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:55 am
We are allegedly interested in taking Chelsea youngster Conor Gallagher on loan. He is a centra Midfielder who was on loan at Charlton and then Swansea last season. He apparently played 45 games with 6 goals and 11 assists.

I can't say I am familiar with him tbh.
Sell Chelsea our faraway bestest player for a measly (quoted in the press) £65m , and then develop one of their Young players for them .

Yep sounds like a Dwarf deal to me.
Bring back Jonathon !

User avatar
Riceascaptain
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:48 pm
x 6

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by Riceascaptain »








User avatar
Flairon
Posts: 2241
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:45 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, U.S.A.
x 60
x 29
Contact:

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by Flairon »

What is he like? I must admit I know nothing about him.
Flairon

User avatar
Flairon
Posts: 2241
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:45 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, U.S.A.
x 60
x 29
Contact:

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by Flairon »

Suffice it to say, he looks great on Youtube. :lol: :lol:
Flairon

User avatar
Dwayne Pipes
Posts: 3922
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:46 pm
x 43
x 293

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Not another fucking winger.

Is that all these cunts know fucking wingers.

User avatar
Dwayne Pipes
Posts: 3922
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:46 pm
x 43
x 293

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Lazio and Napoli end interest in Mrs Anderson
Probably baulked at the site of the limp wristed cunt mincing into their offices

User avatar
punkrockhammer
Posts: 3087
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:49 am
x 1
x 14

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by punkrockhammer »

garnett wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:08 am
palerider wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:41 am


Him and Lanzini are the two we need to shift. Massive wages and contributing the square root of fuck all. But easier said than done. The dwarf would regard it as a personal insult to take big hits on them rather than be pragmatic.
I`m in 2 minds with Lanzini, clearly his best season was playing with the french cunt, his long lay off hasn`t helped plus 2 shit managers and no one to play with, perhaps he needs a change to kick start his career but I haven`t given up hope that he can strike up a good playing relationship with another midfielder.
Lanzini is finished or simply doesn’t give a fuck

He’s been living off of the injury excuse for over a year now

He’s fully recovered now so should playing at his best and it appears his best is now fanny

The fact Numbers thinks he’s our best player and too good for us tells you all you need to know

Post Reply