Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: If we stay up what changes would you make to the squad?

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:43 am
Ibbyham wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:40 am

It is not easy to have a good reliable rich owner like Leicester and Wolves has done but hopefully our luck will come, the sooner the better.
Wealthy owners help,no doubt,but it`s the infrastructure of the club that is most important.The Liverpool owners are worth not much more than G & S and they aren't running that football club too bad?

You mention Leicester and Wolves,but I bet we have spent similar sums or even more than both of them.It all goes back to the above.
I would say you'd win that bet hands down mate. It's not how much you spend. After all Wheelchair and Hart cost nothing in actual transfer fees but I imagine the drain on the balance sheet was, and in the case of Wheelchair still is, significant. And that's before we get started on a certain useless Geordie lump. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:22 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:00 am

Very ambitious shopping list there, but imo there's a problem. I don't see Diop and Oggy hanging around much longer even if we stay up, which is doubtful. And Deulofeu started his career with Barcelona. Would he consider a club like West Ham ? Don't think so tbh. And attracting a forward thinking manager is going to be a problem for two reasons in my book. First the reputation the owners have. Apparently the dislike the fans have for them is also felt by most of the other PL club owners. In short the dwarf is seen as something of a little turd in professional circles. And our fans have a reputation for not being the most patient if results start going south. Not a good sign if you want to do a bit of long term planning.

I do agree the boat does need pushing out. But sadly my take on it is that the fucking thing has so many leaks in it as soon as it casts off the only direction it's going in is down.
The thread is a hypothetical question, so I answered it hypothetically. My list I don't think is actually that ambitious, I tried to be relatively realistic (Ok Zinchenko's a bit of a stretch) with my signings. I don't get your point about Deulofeu though, why wouldn't he consider us? Is Watford really that much of a bigger attraction? :lol:
I imagine Deulofeu sees Watford as a shop window rather than a permanent base mate. And Watford have a reputation as a well run club, despite having a small ground and a relatively small fanbase. From what I hear and read the only people who really see West Ham as a leading club these days are the fans. Which is a bit Catch 22 and probably explains why we have to pay top dollar wages for second rate performers.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Let’s face it the club is a fucking shambles from top to bottom from the two cunt owners,droopy fucking drawers the piss poor scouting and recruitment system and a mishmash of unmotivated ,unfit ,disinterested bunch of fucking layabouts masquerading as professional footballers led by a fucking bug eyed halfwit stuck in a time warp.
You reap what you fucking sow

Fuck off GSB.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Course we can Improve the Squad you can always add...Even Scouse and Mancs are always looking out for incoming..
But think we have a decent Squad of Players....
I can pick a team that I'm Really quite happy with....but I would use a 3-5-2 or a 3-5-1-1 whatever same difference...at times,
or even make that our main starting set up......Simply cos we don't have the classy FBs...all the top teams have,add the
quality FBs then we can line up with a 4....but no one plays a flat 4 anymore anyway...only us,even if they set up
2 CHs 2 FBs....the FBs are wing backs....with an MFer Dropping back to sit in front in between the CHs.....

We have Rice...Perfect for that role...be very tempted to see if Micky would be happy to fill a WB role again maybe,
Honestly think he might be Happier there...

We Got plenty of Options across the middle 3 and the 2 more advanced Players...would stick with Haller there...
with Anderson/Bowen/Fornals/Yarmo/Lanzini...in behind....add/Soucek/Nobes/Snoddy/Wilshere..on top of those
either side of Declan ....All Decent to Very Good players...

Oggy/Diop/Balbeuna.....across the back....

Baffling how we can't get something halfway decent with those players..........Moyes isn't doing anything like the
the Job I thought he might do....tighten us up...so he really needs to move on....

We're to rigid and easy to play against....must up the work rate and movement....

You watch all the top sides...they move up and down with the ball..all staying within 30/40 yards of each other,
Makes it easier to press as well...cos your all close to each other...not doing things individually..
we're strung out all over the pitch with huge gaps for other teams to exploit...

Being down the bottom all the bloody time ..don't help...every games a must winner...creates to much pressure on
everyone....need to scrap our way thru this season...but must have a fresh start next year with a new young manager..
be Happy with Gerrard TBH....

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

mkhammer wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:22 pm Course we can Improve the Squad you can always add...Even Scouse and Mancs are always looking out for incoming..
I can pick a team that I'm Really quite happy with....but I would use a 3-5-2 or a 3-5-1-1 whatever same difference...at times,
or even make that our main starting set up......Simply cos we don't have the classy FBs...all the top teams have,add the
quality FBs then we can line up with a 4....but no one plays a flat 4 anymore anyway...only us,even if they set up
2 CHs 2 FBs....the FBs are wing backs....with an MFer Dropping back to sit in front in between the CHs.....

We have Rice...Perfect for that role...be very tempted to see if Micky would be happy to fill a WB role again maybe,

We Got plenty of Options across the middle 3 and the 2 more advanced Players...would stick with Haller there...
with Anderson/Bowen/Fornals/Yarmo/Lanzini...in behind....add/Soucek/Nobes/Snoddy/Wilshere..on top of those

Oggy/Diop/Balbeuna.....across the back....

Baffling how we can't get something halfway decent with those players..........Moyes isn't doing anything like the
the Job I thought he might do....tighten us up...so he really needs to move on....

We're to rigid and easy to play against....must up the work rate and movement....

You watch all the top sides...they move up and down with the ball..all staying within 30/40 yards of each other,
Makes it easier to press as well...cos your all close to each other...not doing things individually..
we're strung out all over the pitch with huge gaps for other teams to exploit...

Being down the bottom all the bloody time ..don't help...every games a must winner...creates to much pressure on
everyone....need to scrap our way thru this season...but must have a fresh start next year with a new young manager..
Don’t think he’ll fancy the Championship TBH....

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:22 pm Course we can Improve the Squad you can always add...Even Scouse and Mancs are always looking out for incoming..
Is that the heart ruling the head again ? ;)

mkhammer wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:22 pm Be very tempted to see if Micky would be happy to fill a WB role again maybe,
He might be happier there but when he was played there before he was fucking hopeless. He simply doesn't have the football brain to operate in a position where defensive discipline is needed imo. And I think his fitness is very suspect and as a WB fitness is key. At least Fredericks can get up and down the pitch for 90 minutes even if his end products, both ends of it, aren't that bloody good.
mkhammer wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:22 pm We Got plenty of Options across the middle 3 and the 2 more advanced Players...would stick with Haller there...

Now I know you're kidding. Fornals and Soucek have already proved elsewhere they can play at a decent level; but there's a reason Noble has been at West Ham all his career, and it's got nothing to do with loyalty imo. Wilshere ? Come on, PLEASE. What has he brought to the club.? Not his fault of course. In his position any of us would have bitten the dwarf's hand off for the deal he got. Snodgrass ? Championship quality at best. Lanzini & Yarmolenko ? Decent (Lanzini), good (Yarmo) in the past but injuries have taken their toll and now simply can't be relied on. Which leaves Anderson, whose body language suggests he would rather be anywhere else than here. Which is a pity because on his day he can be a match winner.
mkhammer wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:22 pm Oggy/Diop/Balbeuna.....across the back...

Can't see the first two hanging around after relegation tbh, Balbuena might and imo he's decent. Like you I'd rather see a 3 at the back system but the fact we don't have decent wing backs is, I guess, something that lets Moyes off the hook for playing an outdated flat back four.
mkhammer wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:22 pm Baffling how we can't get something halfway decent with those players..........Moyes isn't doing anything like the
We're to rigid and easy to play against....must up the work rate and movement.....

I don't totally blame Moyes, although his style of play is asking for trouble imo. Without the ball you just invite pressure on yourself. Our midfield is the problem. It lacks energy and mobility. Which means it's difficult to "tighten up". The midfield isn't good enough, or mobile enough to shield the back four, and our central defenders are often having to also cover for the inadequate defensive abilities of Fredericks and Cresswell. That is a recipe for calamity. I agree we are easy to play against but you can't suddenly up the movement when you have players like Noble and Snodgrass plodding around in midfield. And our best two midfielders, imo, Fornals and Rice aren't exactly blessed in the speed department either.

mkhammer wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:22 pm You watch all the top sides...they move up and down with the ball..all staying within 30/40 yards of each other,

Gerrard would be mad to come anywhere near West Ham. As, imo, would any ambitious manager under the present ownership. The job is a poisoned chalice. O K for someone looking for a decent pension pot but totally unsuitable for someone trying to make a name for themselves in the management game. The name of Alan Pardew looms large.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:38 am Let’s face it the club is a fucking shambles from top to bottom from the two cunt owners,droopy fucking drawers the piss poor scouting and recruitment system and a mishmash of unmotivated ,unfit ,disinterested bunch of fucking layabouts masquerading as professional footballers led by a fucking bug eyed halfwit stuck in a time warp.

Fuck off GSB.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .......so apart from that ...things aren't looking that bad then Dwayne....... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:13 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:38 am Let’s face it the club is a fucking shambles from top to bottom from the two cunt owners,droopy fucking drawers the piss poor scouting and recruitment system and a mishmash of unmotivated ,unfit ,disinterested bunch of fucking layabouts masquerading as professional footballers led by a fucking bug eyed halfwit stuck in a time warp.

Fuck off GSB.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .......so apart from that ...things aren't looking that bad then Dwayne....... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Whoever thinks we have even a half decent team have their heads up their fucking arseholes Andy or have West Ham wallpaper ,matching curtains and duvet fucking covers.
We are shit from top to bottom .

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:43 am
Ibbyham wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:40 am

It is not easy to have a good reliable rich owner like Leicester and Wolves has done but hopefully our luck will come, the sooner the better.
Wealthy owners help,no doubt,but it`s the infrastructure of the club that is most important.The Liverpool owners are worth not much more than G & S and they aren't running that football club too bad?

You mention Leicester and Wolves,but I bet we have spent similar sums or even more than both of them.It all goes back to the above.
What I think the reason why we are so poor because G&S bought cheap qualify of training facilities and that is the main factor why we always lose after going ahead as I saw that too many times as players are huffing and puffing. If a new owner come to our club and invest our training facilities to top standard plus top scouting staff, then West Ham would get a better shape.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:30 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:13 pm

Whoever thinks we have even a half decent team have their heads up their fucking arseholes Andy or have West Ham wallpaper ,matching curtains and duvet fucking covers.
We are shit from top to bottom .
Decent Players and a Decent Team....2 different things mate...Individually we have some pretty good Players....

Getting them to knit as a Team is the problem we're having...and it's not a new thing with us ..Is it...