Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:21 pm
Castiron wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:33 pm
Not sure it's what we need, but he will offer more than Anderson which is a step up imo.
If true a completely irrational signing which imo will prove to be a mistake and probably an expensive one. And I think I must be missing something here. We have just sold a 22 year old winger, and at 22 one who has the potential to improve, pleading pverty and telling the world we sold him because we had too many wingers and needed the money to fund replacements. We are now signing a winger 3 or 4 years older who has never played in the top flight anywhere, is probably at his peak given his age, and has the demeanour of a fucking show pony who sulks if his little flicks and tricks don't come off. And will probably cost considerably more than the fee raised from selling Diangana which, as I said, was supposed to have been a deal made because we had no transfer money.

If he arrives I hope he proves me wrong but it is a signing that defies any logic whatsoever. But when have West Ham ever done anything logical.
goodpost:) goodpost:) goodpost:)

Complete waste of transfer funds, selling a winger who torn up the championship to sign an older winger who tore up the championship.

As you say defies logic.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

As per C&H, West Ham are closing on Craig Dawson from Watford for £2m to £3m, not a good acquisition but only need a cover, Dawson is only a Central Defender, not Defensive Midfielder which we are urgently looking for as Noble is nowhere quick as Soucek/Rice and gving the ball away far too often. Need Defensive Midfielder with Central Defence together, like Rice type.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

h69

Post by h69 »

Towie wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:30 pm

If true a completely irrational signing which imo will prove to be a mistake and probably an expensive one. And I think I must be missing something here. We have just sold a 22 year old winger, and at 22 one who has the potential to improve, pleading pverty and telling the world we sold him because we had too many wingers and needed the money to fund replacements. We are now signing a winger 3 or 4 years older who has never played in the top flight anywhere, is probably at his peak given his age, and has the demeanour of a fucking show pony who sulks if his little flicks and tricks don't come off. And will probably cost considerably more than the fee raised from selling Diangana which, as I said, was supposed to have been a deal made because we had no transfer money.

If he arrives I hope he proves me wrong but it is a signing that defies any logic whatsoever. But when have West Ham ever done anything logical.

Complete waste of transfer funds, selling a winger who torn up the championship to sign an older winger who tore up the championship.

As you say defies logic.
Hes not a winger....more an inside forward and a lot better than Diangana.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

As you say defies logic.
Diangana isn't exactly setting the Prem alight though is he. Apart from his goal first game, he has been pretty average so far. That could change granted.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:37 pm

As you say defies logic.
And yet I’d describe him as a flair player , would you agree ?
I think this rumour is exactly that , a rumour . Not a priority position imo and exactly the opposite to what Moyes wants/uses/prefers ... surely ?

Unless it’s a Sully special present of course , in which as far as bench warmers go he’ll make Haller look cheap.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Castiron wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:58 pm

As you say defies logic.
Diangana isn't exactly setting the Prem alight though is he. Apart from his goal first game, he has been pretty average so far. That could change granted.
No he isn't. And tbh as I've said on another thread I don't think the Diangana sale will be one that goes down as a gigantic cock up. My issue is that, if this rumour turns out to have legs, it appears completely irrational in every respect.

Is he more expensive than Diangana--probably. Has he more potential than Diangana--no. Is he better than Diangana--probably not as he's never played at the top level in any country. And apparently we sold Diangana because we needed reinforcements in other areas and had too many wingers---so why spend the supposedly much needed cash on another winger ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

I'm 50/50 with Benrahma.

He's yet to agree personal terms which appears to be the final hurdle. He loves the money which put Leeds off but I'd be surprised if it fell through now, even allowing for the incompetence of Statler and Waldorf.

He's got great potential. But he's inconsistent. Maybe the Messiah and his trusty sidekicks can instil a bit of discipline in him that's been lacking.

Time will tell.

Towie

Post by Towie »

As you say defies logic.
No he hasn’t but would you expect him to though?

Do you think Benrahma will tear up the prem?

Towie

Post by Towie »

h69 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:37 pm

As you say defies logic.
Well that your opinion, my opinion is he is no better, older And with a worse attitude. Something we could really do without.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Towie wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:53 am
No he hasn’t but would you expect him to though?

Do you think Benrahma will tear up the prem?
Well, when we sold him, the reaction was that we had made a mistake. Sold the crown Jewell's etc, so I'm sure some people expected more, no doubt he'll bite us on the arse.
As for Benrahma, I haven't seen much of him, what I have seen he's looked ok.
Nothing great, but what do I know, Danny Mills reckons he's better than Payet. :shock: :lol: