Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Watcher

Re: If we stay up what changes would you make to the squad?

Post by Watcher »

They did well in recruiting Soucek and Bowen.

Get proper fullbacks and a centre defender for the first eleven while increasing the depth in midfield and attack we could qualify for the Europa league next season.

But we would have to keep Rice

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Watcher wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:18 pm They did well in recruiting Soucek and Bowen.

Get proper fullbacks and a centre defender for the first eleven while increasing the depth in midfield and attack we could qualify for the Europa league next season.

I think that was very good business by Moyes. and the club.

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

Watcher wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:18 pm They did well in recruiting Soucek and Bowen.

If this will get done we could do as well as Wolves are doing! They are in the running for a CL spot

Declan Rice should wanna be a part of that. At least try properly before he leaves. Become a West Ham legend. He wont become that by leaving at 21 or 22.

Like I said he has alot of time and his value wont decrease in the coming years.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Watcher wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:48 am

If this will get done we could do as well as Wolves are doing! They are in the running for a CL spot

Declan Rice should wanna be a part of that. At least try properly before he leaves. Become a West Ham legend. He wont become that by leaving at 21 or 22.

Like I said he has alot of time and his value wont decrease in the coming years.
Wolves are where they are largely because of their links with the Portuguese agent Jorge Mendes. Their problem could arise if or when some of their key players are tempted off to biggest or better clubs, If they qualify for Europe they might be able to stave that situation off.

As for Declan Rice. Do you not think he'd rather show his grandchildren the medals he's won, or tell them he was once a West Ham legend ? As you say he has a lot of time. But will he want to waste it playing at a club that lacks the ambition he probably has for himself.?

I will be amazed, not to mention pleasantly surprised, if he lines up for us next season.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

If the club says to Declan the side will be built around him and he will be made the captain it is a no brainer to me.

If I were Declan in this situation I would take it gladly and stay around and see if they can build a proper team to challenge for Europe, stay around till 24 or 25 if no proper progress has been made by then then I wouldn´t hold it against him if he would leave. Like I said his value will still be as high if not higher.

But he should seriously consider if he leaves not joining another London club as I know for a fact many West Ham fans would hate him for that.

Man City, Man Utd, Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Liverpool should be the only clubs for him to consider

But would he be a key player at those clubs next year ? I don´t know. Here he will be the one of the main men and hopefully be a part of something special (Qualifying for Europe and build on that)

I know it is optimistic but he owes us that for giving him the chance he didn´t get at Chelsea. He owes us at least trying to get us up some levels. You wont know unless you try so like I said stay around and do your best until 24 or 25 if no real progress has been made then go.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Declan Rice - £150/200k a week at Chelsea

He is bound to stay with us :)
Covid in the Boardroom

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Watcher wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:45 pm The defence needs to be the focal point in the next transfer window. We need 3 signings there, a left back, right back and a centre back.

The midfield is more solid after Soucek´s arrival but another proper midfielder is needed for depth to cover for Soucek and Rice.

We need to keep Rice at all costs! We are not a selling club no more! That´s what they said before we moved to the OS so they need to stick to their word! Build the team around him and make him the permanent captain.

The attack and wings are solid, I would give Anderson and Haller another season to prove their worth with a better defence behind them. We would lose alot of money selling them now after a pretty poor season for them.

But it is obvious we need more depth in the striker department. Signing a proper second striker is needed badly, I would also recall Hugill as the third striker. He has scored 15 goals this season in the championship and deserves a chance.

Sell Snodgrass, Balbuena, Masuaku, Ajeti, Lanzini and possibly Fredericks if Johnson is capable of being the back up right back.

We are stuck with Wilshere, no one will take his wages so we will have to live in the hope he can get and more importantly stay fit until his contract runs out !

Noble needs to be told he is a back up player, he would understand that I´m sure.

Lanzini would obviously need to be replaced by a pacey technical attacking midfielder.

So in total we need 6 in and 5 or 6 out.

Over to you Daves and Moyes
Yep..Pretty much Nailed it mate....

Quality FBs are a must and a Priority even over another Striker....we've got goals in us,gotta use Yarmo more tho..IMO
for that...always looks like doing something.
People say it's a poor squad it aint..it's a good one...just gotta find the right way to use the players,lots we can do,
plenty of options...

3 at the back...Arthur and Micky as wingbacks...for instance....got Rice and Soucek covering...but we're never gonna go there,
Squad at moment is far far better suited to a 3....till we sort the fullback situation out...even then most top sides FBs now
are actually WBs...with a CMFer playing/dropping deep....just in front of CBs...making the 3...FBs are practically wingers now.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Watcher wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:03 pm If the club says to Declan the side will be built around him and he will be made the captain it is a no brainer to me.
And if he was told that he would believe it because-------?
Watcher wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:03 pmIf I were Declan in this situation I would take it gladly and stay around and see if they can build a proper team to challenge for Europe, stay around till 24 or 25 if no proper progress has been made by then then I wouldn´t hold it against him if he would leave. Like I said his value will still be as high if not higher.
Who knows what his value could be in 3 years, or even 3 weeks. A bad injury or loss of form can happen to anyone. In any case why should he worry what his transfer value is ?
Watcher wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:03 pmBut he should seriously consider if he leaves not joining another London club as I know for a fact many West Ham fans would hate him for that.
And why would he lose any sleep over that ?
Watcher wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:03 pmMan City, Man Utd, Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Liverpool should be the only clubs for him to consider

But would he be a key player at those clubs next year ? I don´t know. Here he will be the one of the main men and hopefully be a part of something special (Qualifying for Europe and build on that)
Maybe he would consider those clubs. Most players would. But he wouldn't be able to consider them if they didn't make an approach, would he ? And , no, he wouldn't be a key player at those clubs, possibly not even a starter in a lot of games. But if they were to show any interest would an ambitious player prefer to be part of a successful, trophy challenging club, competing for a place in the first team against the likes of Sergio Busquets, Casemiro or Fernandinho, or knowing you're going to be picked regularly, even if you maybe need a rest or are off your best form, because the only alternatives are a bloke likely to injure himself putting his shin pads on or a club captain now past his useful shelf life.
Watcher wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:03 pmI know it is optimistic but he owes us that for giving him the chance he didn´t get at Chelsea. He owes us at least trying to get us up some levels. You wont know unless you try so like I said stay around and do your best until 24 or 25 if no real progress has been made then go.
How many trophies could he win in those intervening years though ? And why does he owe us anything ? He is an employee. A good one at that., He has never let down his employer and that employer will bank a sizeable profit when he leaves. West Ham owe him nothing and nor does he owe anything to West Ham.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

Whiskeyman

Your attitude is a good example of why we havent progressed through the years

You would have been no better than Brown back in the day.

Why shouldn't Rice be bothered by disrespecting the club by joining it's rivals you say? Maybe because he respects his club West Ham United?!

How are we going to grow as a club with that attitude???

If he helps us become better in the next years and we achieve what we all want and qualify for Europe it increases our chances to replace him properly if he leaves because we would attract better players.

Selling him now would be a ridicilously bad decision on so many levels!

The board promised us the next level before we moved to the OS. They need Rice to achieve that!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Watcher wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:20 pm Whiskeyman

Your attitude is a good example of why we havent progressed through the years
:lol: :lol:
You would have been no better than Brown back in the day.

Why shouldn't Rice be bothered by disrespecting the club by joining it's rivals you say? Maybe because he respects his club West Ham United?!

How are we going to grow as a club with that attitude???

If he helps us become better in the next years and we achieve what we all want and qualify for Europe it increases our chances to replace him properly if he leaves because we would attract better players.

Selling him now would be a ridicilously bad decision on so many levels!

The board promised us the next level before we moved to the OS. They need Rice to achieve that!
Come on your not that fucking naive to believe them two pair of cunts are you?
:lol: