Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Neville Bartos

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by Neville Bartos »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:27 pm
Neville Bartos wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:32 pm Why are the ITK C&H running bullshit stories that 'we haven't given up hope' of signing Luka Jovic?
As good a signing as that would be -- both for us and our £45m record signing -- it smacks of the season ticket renewal story we get every year.
Why would signing Jovic be a good move ? Jovic & Haller played as a pair at Frankfurt and, apart from rare occasions, Moyes has never favoured a twin strikeforce. Is he likely to change the habit of a lifetime this late in his managerial career ? Personally I doubt it. If Jovic can be persuaded to swap Real Madrid for West Ham ( :lol: :lol: ) I think it's more likely it will be as a replacement , rather than a partner for, Haller.

As for the season ticket renewal theory. It's worked very well so far every year as the faithful, or should we say gullible, flock to renew and the alleged millions on the waiting list gnash their teeth in frustration at being unable to get hold of the elusive tickets.
Jovic is quality. The fact he's better than Ajeti would make it a good signing.
Mind you pulling on that claret and blue shirt would probably turn him into Iain Dowie 2.0.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Flairon wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:03 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:26 pm
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Flairon wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:03 am
So how many right backs are we being linked with for heaven's sake?

So far there is Matty Cash at Forest, Kyle Walker- Peters from the Spuds and Vladimir Coufal from Sparta Prague.

Out of interest which of those would you prefer, or dare I say it; would you stick with Ben Johnson.
I've never seen Cash play so I'll pass on him. Walker-Peters looked OK when I've seen him play for Saints and is the right age profile and Coufal looked decent playing against top clubs in the CL. All about vfm I guess. I would certainly stick with Johnson as an option and probably go for Coufal because of his experience and the fact that at 27 should be at his peak. Also probably the cheapest option which could be important.

Flairon

Re: 2020 FA cup final

Post by Flairon »

Flairon wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:00 am Thus far:

Matty Cash
Kyle Walker-Peters
Vladimir Coufal
Aïssa Mandi
John Stones
Shane Duffy
Eberechi Eze
David Brooks
Said Benrahma.
Ansu Fati
James McCarthy
Jovane Cobral
Morgan Gibbs-White.
Luka Jovic
Martin Braithwaite (please no!)
Callum Wilson

Have I missed anyone!?!

Of those list above, who would you like to sign and why!?!
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

There's now a rumour doing the rounds that reckons N'Golo Kante is one of the players Chelsea are prepared to let go to fund the purchases that Lampard wants to make.

If Declan Rice is one of the players he wants, and Rice himself fancies the move, it's got to be worth Moyes at least asking the question isn't it ?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:29 am There's now a rumour doing the rounds that reckons N'Golo Kante is one of the players Chelsea are prepared to let go to fund the purchases that Lampard wants to make.

If Declan Rice is one of the players he wants, and Rice himself fancies the move, it's got to be worth Moyes at least asking the question isn't it ?
:lol: :lol:

Granted your nom de plume suggests it but isn't it a bit early ?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:39 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:29 am There's now a rumour doing the rounds that reckons N'Golo Kante is one of the players Chelsea are prepared to let go to fund the purchases that Lampard wants to make.

:lol: :lol:

Granted your nom de plume suggests it but isn't it a bit early ?
Never too early.

And if you don't ask, you don't get. Granted if you don't ask you don't get told to fuck off either, but I'm sure you take my point. ;)

Riceascaptain

Post by Riceascaptain »

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Braithwaite ffs. The player that Tony Pulis described as exceptional, so straight away that puts him in the utter dogshit bracket. 8 goals and 2 assists in 40 Championship games is anything but exceptional.

How this geezer got a move to Barca is truly mind boggling - It's up there with Faubert's Real Madrid escapades! It must have been for tax reasons or as a practical joke, they are the only 2 reasons I can think of why on God's green earth Barca would have signed him. Now they're trying to fob him off for actual real money! It would be so West Ham and Sullivan to fork out £18m on this dud. He'll make Zaza's signing look inspired.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Riceascaptain wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:20 pm

" Focus switched to the defense - AMEN. We were scoring goals for fun at the end of the season, with the addition of Bowen and Soucek, the move of Antonio up front, the play of Fornals and Rice. So wtf are we trying to sign wingers and strikers. We can literally start a front 3 of Bowen, Antonio and Diangana and switch to Haller, Yarmo and Anderson. So if Pam aint up for it, we still have Holland & Silva in the wings and if we sell the Brazilian we could afford a backup surely. Either way it's the defense that needs sorting and I like Whisky's shout of getting the Croatian 27 year old to tutor Johnson in art of RB and any of the LBs we're following would be an upgrade on Cress and Arfur. CB would be a wise place to spend money too. Forget attackers sure-up the back.
#fuckqatar2022