Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: If we stay up what changes would you make to the squad?

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:05 pm Need owners to leave, bring in an ambition billionnaire owner like Wolves and Leicester did, change the training facilities to top class which is a priority, buy better younger hungry players, new manager and coaching staff.

Alot of changes required as the current one is NOT UP TO STANDARD.
The problem is my good man that "bringing in" an ambitious billionaire isn't as easy as bringing in a decent wing back, . And we haven't even done that yet FFS..
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Think we need to push the boat out and find a direct replacement for Fabs as he's not getting any younger and with the best will in the world Randolph ain't a full time #1.

Have a long hard look at our back line and then bin Masuaku, Fredericks and Cresswell. Sign Jamal Lewis, have a cheeky sniff around City's Oleksandr Zinchenko to see if he'd be interested in actual 1st team playing time, snap up Jaden Bogle from Derby and pick up a fit again Nathanial Clyne on a freebie. Sign a squad CB to replace the probably departing Winston Reid, keep Diop, Oggy and Balbuena, promote Cardoso to the 1st team squad permanently and CB should be ok.

Midfield...Oh where to start! Ok... Sell Rice for as much as we can possibly get since it seems he's going to leave anyway and replace him with Hertha's Arne Maier. Offload Lanzini, Snodgrass and Wheelchair. Sign Ross Barkley (honestly, I think he'd do a job for us at AMC), Deulofeu and Lewis Cook. I'd persevere with Anderson (and play him in his correct position), Yarmalenko should get a chance to show his worth after a horrible injury as well. Soucek we will sign anyway if we stay up. Noble needs to be phased out, Bowen looks a decent signing and Antonio is always worth a spot either as an AM or on the bench - Not as a fucking striker though. Add to the midfield the likes of Diangana, Holland, Rosa and Silva who are knocking hard on the door of the 1st team and the midfield could be rejuvenated with some sensible signings.

Strikers. Ok, Haller needs a partner, simple as that. He's a far better player than our formation is making him out to be. I'd give my eye teeth for Tammy Abraham but in all honesty even the oft linked (and maligned) Michy Batshuayi would instantly improve our lot in the final 3rd.

What else would I change? The manager obviously, in a heartbeat. A while ago I'd have turned my nose up at Sean Dyche but now i'd bite your arm off to have him at the helm knocking our bunch of powder puffs in to a shape resembling that of a PL football team.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:34 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:05 pm Need owners to leave, bring in an ambition billionnaire owner like Wolves and Leicester did, change the training facilities to top class which is a priority, buy better younger hungry players, new manager and coaching staff.

Alot of changes required as the current one is NOT UP TO STANDARD.
The problem is my good man that "bringing in" an ambitious billionaire isn't as easy as bringing in a decent wing back, . And we haven't even done that yet FFS..
It is not easy to have a good reliable rich owner like Leicester and Wolves has done but hopefully our luck will come, the sooner the better.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:59 pm Think we need to push the boat out and find a direct replacement for Fabs as he's not getting any younger and with the best will in the world Randolph ain't a full time #1.

Have a long hard look at our back line and then bin Masuaku, Fredericks and Cresswell. Sign Jamal Lewis, have a cheeky sniff around City's Oleksandr Zinchenko to see if he'd be interested in actual 1st team playing time, snap up Jaden Bogle from Derby and pick up a fit again Nathanial Clyne on a freebie. Sign a squad CB to replace the probably departing Winston Reid, keep Diop, Oggy and Balbuena, promote Cardoso to the 1st team squad permanently and CB should be ok.

Midfield...Oh where to start! Ok... Sell Rice for as much as we can possibly get since it seems he's going to leave anyway and replace him with Hertha's Arne Maier. Offload Lanzini, Snodgrass and Wheelchair. Sign Ross Barkley (honestly, I think he'd do a job for us at AMC), Deulofeu and Lewis Cook. I'd persevere with Anderson (and play him in his correct position), Yarmalenko should get a chance to show his worth after a horrible injury as well. Soucek we will sign anyway if we stay up. Noble needs to be phased out, Bowen looks a decent signing and Antonio is always worth a spot either as an AM or on the bench - Not as a fucking striker though. Add to the midfield the likes of Diangana, Holland, Rosa and Silva who are knocking hard on the door of the 1st team and the midfield could be rejuvenated with some sensible signings.

Strikers. Ok, Haller needs a partner, simple as that. He's a far better player than our formation is making him out to be. I'd give my eye teeth for Tammy Abraham but in all honesty even the oft linked (and maligned) Michy Batshuayi would instantly improve our lot in the final 3rd.

What else would I change? The manager obviously, in a heartbeat. A while ago I'd have turned my nose up at Sean Dyche but now i'd bite your arm off to have him at the helm knocking our bunch of powder puffs in to a shape resembling that of a PL football team.
Very ambitious shopping list there, but imo there's a problem. I don't see Diop and Oggy hanging around much longer even if we stay up, which is doubtful. And Deulofeu started his career with Barcelona. Would he consider a club like West Ham ? Don't think so tbh. And attracting a forward thinking manager is going to be a problem for two reasons in my book. First the reputation the owners have. Apparently the dislike the fans have for them is also felt by most of the other PL club owners. In short the dwarf is seen as something of a little turd in professional circles. And our fans have a reputation for not being the most patient if results start going south. Not a good sign if you want to do a bit of long term planning.

I do agree the boat does need pushing out. But sadly my take on it is that the fucking thing has so many leaks in it as soon as it casts off the only direction it's going in is down.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Firstly.

IF is a big word.

I'm pretty sure we don't have enough in the locker to stay up both in ability and bottle. Being managed by a dinosaur (Jockus Definsivaurus Rex) is also a bit of a bummer as well. Although they eventually lost and Manure had an off day yesterday even Naaaaarch are better than we are. In Todd Cantwell they have a player twice as good as anything we can boast.

So instead of teasing the fans during the 'summer' break with leaked crap about us signing players in the 45m plus bracket, the dwarf should come clean and say he's fucked up monumentally, apologise for all of the other fuck-ups since he darkened our door and do the decent thing with a socially distanced act of hara-kiri on the centre-spot after the final whistle of the final game against Villa.

Then, after a week's rejoicing, a proper plan can be installed to attract the sort of young and hungry player who just may actually want to play for West Ham and break sweat for the cause.

garnett

Post by garnett »

Morning, it`s irrelevant what we would want, if god forbid we go down there won`t be a revolving door quick enough for our players to leave by, not just 1st teamer`s either, and if by some chance we stay up, who in their own mind would think playing for West Ham is a good career move, we have laughed at the embarrassing way our club is run and I`m pretty sure many a chuckle has been had at our expense in board and changing rooms up and down the country.

I don`t think our club has been in as dangerous position as we are now, I fear we could be the next sunderland .

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:00 am
BillyDWhizz wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:59 pm Think we need to push the boat out and find a direct replacement for Fabs as he's not getting any younger and with the best will in the world Randolph ain't a full time #1.

Very ambitious shopping list there, but imo there's a problem. I don't see Diop and Oggy hanging around much longer even if we stay up, which is doubtful. And Deulofeu started his career with Barcelona. Would he consider a club like West Ham ? Don't think so tbh. And attracting a forward thinking manager is going to be a problem for two reasons in my book. First the reputation the owners have. Apparently the dislike the fans have for them is also felt by most of the other PL club owners. In short the dwarf is seen as something of a little turd in professional circles. And our fans have a reputation for not being the most patient if results start going south. Not a good sign if you want to do a bit of long term planning.

I do agree the boat does need pushing out. But sadly my take on it is that the fucking thing has so many leaks in it as soon as it casts off the only direction it's going in is down.
The thread is a hypothetical question, so I answered it hypothetically. My list I don't think is actually that ambitious, I tried to be relatively realistic (Ok Zinchenko's a bit of a stretch) with my signings. I don't get your point about Deulofeu though, why wouldn't he consider us? Is Watford really that much of a bigger attraction? :lol:
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

palerider wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:18 pm The Long John Silver Impersonators X1 from Monty Python.

Big improvement.

Ps. It's been removed from Youtube because it makes fun of amputees.

Not joking.
And I bet it was fully limbed snowfla,es that got it removed.
As for the thread, resurrect Christian Barnard and get him to work. He'll know whats missing.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Ibbyham wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:40 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:34 pm

It is not easy to have a good reliable rich owner like Leicester and Wolves has done but hopefully our luck will come, the sooner the better.
Wealthy owners help,no doubt,but it`s the infrastructure of the club that is most important.The Liverpool owners are worth not much more than G & S and they aren't running that football club too bad?

You mention Leicester and Wolves,but I bet we have spent similar sums or even more than both of them.It all goes back to the above.

Dolfo

Post by Dolfo »

garnett wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:55 am Morning, it`s irrelevant what we would want, if god forbid we go down there won`t be a revolving door quick enough for our players to leave by, not just 1st teamer`s either, and if by some chance we stay up, who in their own mind would think playing for West Ham is a good career move, we have laughed at the embarrassing way our club is run and I`m pretty sure many a chuckle has been had at our expense in board and changing rooms up and down the country.

I don`t think our club has been in as dangerous position as we are now, I fear we could be the next sunderland .
Absolutely agreed Garnett.

We will not move forward with SuGo at the helm and will do well to just be a team that constantly makes up the numbers in the league without the threat of relegation. Doesn't bode well for the fans though does it - playing for survival every season with little ambition or ability to win anything.