Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: If we stay up what changes would you make to the squad?

Post by Whiskyman »

Watcher wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:20 pm Whiskeyman

Your attitude is a good example of why we havent progressed through the years

You would have been no better than Brown back in the day.

Why shouldn't Rice be bothered by disrespecting the club by joining it's rivals you say? Maybe because he respects his club West Ham United?!

How are we going to grow as a club with that attitude???

If he helps us become better in the next years and we achieve what we all want and qualify for Europe it increases our chances to replace him properly if he leaves because we would attract better players.

Selling him now would be a ridicilously bad decision on so many levels!

The board promised us the next level before we moved to the OS. They need Rice to achieve that!
OK then I accept the fact that West Ham have achieved sweet fuck all , apart from winning the Inter Toto Cup, since our golden season of 1985/86 is totally down to me. Guilty as fucking charged. Although I have never said the club SHOULD sell him, just that imo selling him sooner rather than later is inevitable. I'm sure when he does leave it will be his, not the club's, decision.

But for the benefit of people less naive than you can I just say:
1. I have never said he shouldn't be bothered. And his performances have been totally professional. I did say he probably couldn't give a flying one if a few people give him grief if he joins another London club. And nor should he. He's an employee not a fan. Deal with it.
2. If Rice decides he wants to leave he will be sold. Whether the club wants to sell him or not will be completely immaterial. Players and their agents hold all the cards today. But even if they didn't no point holding onto a player who wants out.
3. The board promised a lot of things when they took over the club. Not my fault if you were one of those dumb enough to have believed everything they told you.
4. Finally ask yourself this. If you were a sought after, highly rated young professional footballer, regarded by most people as the best player in your current club, but realised your team was way behind the ones chasing for the honours that you aspire to would you:
a) Shrug your shoulders and accept things. Grin and bear it.
b) Take the opportunity provided to play with a better team and try and achieve some of those ambitions next season instead of, maybe if you're lucky, doing so in 3 or 4 years.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

I just think it would be a massive shame if we don´t see Rice here next season with new full backs and better squad depth.

We have an opportunity if we stay up (I´m quite positive about that now) to really push on next season if and yes I know it is a BIG IF the Daves have finally learned their lessons and want us to do much better next season. We definitely need full backs everyone knows that who follows the premier league, we also need more quality depth, that´s crystal clear.

Fabianski

New RB - Diop - Ogbonna - New LB

Soucek - Rice

Bowen - Fornals - Anderson

Haller

With Yarmolenko, Antonio and Diangana competing for a starting place,

Add to that:

New CM to cover for Soucek and Rice
new striker to cover and compete with Haller
new CB to cover and compete with Diop and Ogbonna.
New AM to cover and compete with Fornals

Recall Hugill (as a third back up striker, I believe in him)

With Noble, Johnson, Randolph, Cresswell, Wilshere, Cardoso, Coventry, Holland and Xande as back up squad players.

Sell:Ajeti, Snodgrass, Lanzini, Balbuena, Masuaku and Fredericks. (Should get 20 - 30 million for them.

If this would get done I truly believe we could challenge for a European spot and go far in the cups.

But we would need the Daves on board and that´s a long shot I know but they can´t be happy with watching mediocre shit do they? It´s time for them to support us properly ! Or sell up. They are old they must want to watch us succeed before they die ! Let´s hope so.

I live in eternal hope :)

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Watcher wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:27 pm I just think it would be a massive shame if we don´t see Rice here next season with new full backs and better squad depth.

We have an opportunity if we stay up (I´m quite positive about that now) to really push on next season if and yes I know it is a BIG IF the Daves have finally learned their lessons and want us to do much better next season. We definitely need full backs everyone knows that who follows the premier league, we also need more quality depth, that´s crystal clear.

Fabianski

Soucek - Rice

Haller

Add to that:

With Noble, Johnson, Randolph, Cresswell, Wilshere, Cardoso, Coventry, Holland and Xande as back up squad players.

Sell:Ajeti, Snodgrass, Lanzini, Balbuena, Masuaku and Fredericks. (Should get 20 - 30 million for them.

If this would get done I truly believe we could challenge for a European spot and go far in the cups.

But we would need the Daves on board and that´s a long shot I know but they can´t be happy with watching mediocre shit do they? It´s time for them to support us properly ! Or sell up. They are old they must want to watch us succeed before they die ! Let´s hope so.

You’re in fucking Dreamland mate :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

:lol:

Maybe I am, but it is better to be optimistic than Pessimistic! :D

Maybe I have to wait till the Daves sell up and we hit the jackpot ALA Wolves and Leicester.

Selling Rice now in this covid era would be ridiculous though, that´s a fact.

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

Maybe skip the AM to cover for Fornals if money runs out.

I heard Bowen played the nr 10 role for Hull often with good results, the lad is very versatile

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Watcher wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:45 pm :lol:

Maybe I am, but it is better to be optimistic than Pessimistic! :D

Maybe I have to wait till the Daves sell up and we hit the jackpot ALA Wolves and Leicester.

Selling Rice now in this covid era would be ridiculous though, that´s a fact.
Better to be optimistic than pessimistic ? Nope. Optimists tend to get kicked in the gonads quite often. Whereas pessimists expect the worst and when the worst doesn't happy they are happy.

Economically you're probably right about selling Rice., now isn't the right time. But if he decides he wants to go, he'll go. Simple as.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

The question that interests me is "if we stay up what changes would MOYES make to the squad?".
I reckon he'll bring Chris Wood in if possible. If nothing else it'll stop him scoring against us ;)
Gonzo did a video a short while back questioning just how much would Moyes change from the current squad?
How much would he want to change and how much would he be able to change in the current climate?

I don't think we'd see that much change before next season. And the idea of Moyes having a "pre-season" with the squad?....well....that's kind of what he's had during lockdown isn't it?

I actually have a worrying feeling we'll be a very similar squad minus Declan Rice.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Players need to go:

Cresswell
Masuaku
Fredericks (too many mistakes that costly our recent games)
Haller
Ajeti
Anderson
snodgrass (ageing)
Lanzini
Wilshere (pointless to have him due to his injury record)

Players we need to get IF they are miles better than the lots above whom they can go as a right price.

2 left back
2 left winger
2 strikers
1 defensive midfielder
2 attacking midfielder

GSB OUT by 2023!
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Ibbyham wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:03 pm Players need to go:

Cresswell
Masuaku
Fredericks (too many mistakes that costly our recent games)
Haller
Ajeti
Anderson
snodgrass (ageing)
Lanzini
Wilshere (pointless to have him due to his injury record)

Players we need to get IF they are miles better than the lots above whom they can go as a right price.

2 left back
2 left winger
2 strikers
1 defensive midfielder
2 attacking midfielder

GSB OUT by 2023!
Have you just invented a new formation Ibbs where we only play a left back and don't bother with the right?
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Watcher wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:27 pm I just think it would be a massive shame if we don´t see Rice here next season with new full backs and better squad depth.

Fabianski

Soucek - Rice

Haller

Add to that:

Haller as a lone striker? Pointless, both as a position and in the league table.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?