Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
BCHammer

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by BCHammer »

Im not going to get too mad about Dawson, he is a body for the bench. We are out of the Carabao, DIop is ahead of him on the bench and we have a couple of decent kids too. it will only be for 10 weeks, when the January window will open again and we will have a few games to have evaluated if this 5 at the back is still going to be a thing or if we need to focus on LB again - and of course what injuries we have. And Winnie Reid will be back I believe.

I am sure that is how the club is thinking, next level stuff, world class players in a world class stadium and all that.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

BCHammer wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:33 pm Im not going to get too mad about Dawson, he is a body for the bench. We are out of the Carabao, DIop is ahead of him on the bench and we have a couple of decent kids too. it will only be for 10 weeks, when the January window will open again and we will have a few games to have evaluated if this 5 at the back is still going to be a thing or if we need to focus on LB again - and of course what injuries we have. And Winnie Reid will be back I believe.

I am sure that is how the club is thinking, next level stuff, world class players in a world class stadium and all that.
So what you're saying without saying it - which is the way I like to communicate btw - is the club have no real intention to let this bloke anywhere on the pitch and he has been borrowed from Watford, in order to right-size the squad numbers.

And I agree. I don't think there is a cat-in-hells-chance to see Dawson in one of our starting lineup's unless it's in a FA cup tie on a snow covered pitch.
He strikes me as the type of geezer who would wear a snood given a quarter chance and nobody from a club merchandising point of view, sees this as a commercial goer.

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:47 pm
BCHammer wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:33 pm Im not going to get too mad about Dawson, he is a body for the bench. We are out of the Carabao, DIop is ahead of him on the bench and we have a couple of decent kids too. it will only be for 10 weeks, when the January window will open again and we will have a few games to have evaluated if this 5 at the back is still going to be a thing or if we need to focus on LB again - and of course what injuries we have. And Winnie Reid will be back I believe.

So what you're saying without saying it - which is the way I like to communicate btw - is the club have no real intention to let this bloke anywhere on the pitch and he has been borrowed from Watford, in order to right-size the squad numbers.

And I agree. I don't think there is a cat-in-hells-chance to see Dawson in one of our starting lineup's unless it's in a FA cup tie on a snow covered pitch.
He strikes me as the type of geezer who would wear a snood given a quarter chance and nobody from a club merchandising point of view, sees this as a commercial goer.
Pretty much 1) Moyes doesn't make subs 2) tops up the home grown quota 3) by the time the FA cup 3rd round proper starts there will be another transfer window open & Reid back

No point paying any sizeable fee for a bloke not going on to the bench never mind the first team. 22m Diop is next in line and Johnson is the FB sub, so I cant even see a place for him on the bench. Unless it's for CDM :lol:

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:34 pm
only1salty wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:29 pm

How did his team get on last season? Don't bother, I know the answer. They were relegated.

This season not played in the league and not even made the bench in several games for a CHAMPIONSHIP team that plays 3 centre backs

Played one game - in the league cup - in which his team got beaten by Newport County.

Nothing personal but certainly not..........

"young and hungry"
"RB Leipzig model"
"only signing players who will improve the team"
"100% of the Diangana money will be invested in improving the team"

There are probably 20 players in the championship we could have signed better than this guy but the very fact we are sniffing around the "best before date bins" in the championship when we have had the entire world to shop in all summer sums up our clueless owners who couldn't run a bath
Didnt realise Watford were a one man team and he got them relegated tbh
DP just need to ask the Watford fans what they think about us taking him on loan :lol: :lol: :lol: , they are really upset :( , I have been told because they wanted him sold , out of the club permanently .

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Clayton wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:48 pm

DP just need to ask the Watford fans what they think about us taking him on loan :lol: :lol: :lol: , they are really upset :( , I have been told because they wanted him sold , out of the club permanently .
Watford fans :lol:
Don’t worry mate that lot wouldn’t know their arse from their fucking elbows

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Elton John definitely does

My gripe is not with the water boy

It’s with the fucking clowns pocketing club cash

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

only1salty wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:29 pm

How did his team get on last season? Don't bother, I know the answer. They were relegated.

This season not played in the league and not even made the bench :D :D :D in several games for a CHAMPIONSHIP team that plays 3 centre backs

Played one game - in the league cup - in which his team got beaten by Newport County.

Nothing personal but certainly not..........

"young and hungry"
"RB Leipzig model"
"only signing players who will improve the team"
"100% of the Diangana money will be invested in improving the team"

There are probably 20 players in the championship we could have signed better than this guy but the very fact we are sniffing around the "best before date bins" in the championship when we have had the entire world to shop in all summer sums up our clueless owners who couldn't run a bath
Yeah I’m not going to slag off Roger oops sorry I mean Dawson cos he was relegated last season, especially after I made myself look silly after critisizing the Fabianski signing.

By the way , who did he play for the season before ?
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:48 am

Yeah I’m not going to slag off Roger oops sorry I mean Dawson cos he was relegated last season, especially after I made myself look silly after critisizing the Fabianski signing.

By the way , who did he play for the season before ?
I'm not saying Dawson's a bad signing, a good signing or a desperation signing.

But Watford went down because of monumental cock-ups by the club's hierarchy. The policy of replacing managers every 5 minutes caught up with them. And their strikers couldn't hit a barn door with a cow's arse until Deeney returned after injury.

It had nothing to do with Craig Dawson.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

We all know why Dawson was signed = Salthouse , no other reason . it's not like we actually really needed another CB , we still have Diop and I am not sure why we couldn't of used the likes of Alese or Cardoso if we were that desperate , but I suppose it just shows the unwillingness of management to use youth .
To me it would have made a lot more sense to bring in at least a LWB/LB - CM - DM and a WFW , I suppose if it came to the crunch we could use the likes of Longelo - Coventry - Ashby - Odubeko , but doubt very much they will be drafted in to fight the good fight .

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:52 pm
Clayton wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:48 pm

Watford fans :lol:
Don’t worry mate that lot wouldn’t know their arse from their fucking elbows
I'd suggest they know their players a lot better than we do and are in a far better position to judge than us. West Ham fans are forever defending Declan Rice from fans of other clubs who reckon he's only just about bang average. Since our fans are the one who watch him week in week out then obviously their opinion is the one that matters.

Same with Watford and Dawson. They're the ones who know the player and his abilities the best and when the majority of them are saying he's utter dog shit, I tend to believe them. Dawson is a fucking horrible, horrible signing. It's up there with Relegation Roger and Roberto.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?