Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Not over impressed with the Dawson news although at least it is in a position where we are short of cover. And whilst he falls into, at best, the "adequate" category given a choice between him for presumably a very modest fee and Benrahma I'd oick Dawson.

I just have a feeling of impending disaster if we sign the show pony.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:39 am I'm 50/50 with Benrahma.

He's yet to agree personal terms which appears to be the final hurdle. He loves the money which put Leeds off but I'd be surprised if it fell through now, even allowing for the incompetence of Statler and Waldorf.

He's got great potential. But he's inconsistent. Maybe the Messiah and his trusty sidekicks can instil a bit of discipline in him that's been lacking.

Time will tell.
Same could be said of Arnautovic yet he made a huge difference when Moyes came in. He may or may not work out if he does sign but since people on here are so quick to slag off any new signing it is no wonder these players are under so much pressure and perform so badly from the get go.

I would rather give the guy a year at the club and if he does not work out then so be it.

I think we are more likely to get Josh King than Benrahma anyway and I think he is also a decent player so cue the slagging off of him now.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

The Dawson deal is meh, but I'd assume he'll be starting off as 5th choice behind the 3 senior CBs and Cresswell.

Benrahma is a player I've liked for a couple of seasons. There's nothing to dislike except maybe we could've done with cover for Rice and Soucek and Benrahma is neither of those things.

If the Moyesiah were a bit quicker with his subs I'd think maybe Benrahma would be used for impact in the 2nd half if we're in trouble or struggling to break an opponent down. But you can't make much of an impact coming on in the 88th minute...
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Reports suggest the deal is close to collapse for Benrahma and our main target is Josh King :roll:

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Castiron wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:38 pm Reports suggest the deal is close to collapse for Benrahma and our main target is Josh King :roll:
I doubt very much whether Benrahma was ever going to sign.
And regarding King, if they wanted him that badly then he'd be here by now.
No this is just more shit from the stumpy stink fuck.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

The general consensus on the Watford forums is that Dawson is complete dog shit and they can't believe anyone wants him, let alone a PL club. They are literally laughing at us.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:16 pm The general consensus on the Watford forums is that Dawson is complete dog shit and they can't believe anyone wants him, let alone a PL club. They are literally laughing at us.
They are not the only ones.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Castiron wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:19 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:16 pm The general consensus on the Watford forums is that Dawson is complete dog shit and they can't believe anyone wants him, let alone a PL club. They are literally laughing at us.
They are not the only ones.
Now there are articles doing the rounds that Stuart Pearce has 'loved' Dawson for years. To put that in to some sort of context, the praise they are talking about hails from about a decade ago when Pearce was managing the England U21s. I'm not sure who they're trying to convince to be honest, certainly not the fans.

Safe to say Dawson's 'footballing abilities' have gone backwards since then and it's shameful that we're even mentioned in the same breath as him, let alone close to signing the useless twat - even if it is only as back up. All they are seeing is a perceived goal threat from set pieces, totally ignoring the fact that he's a beyond useless centre back.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

All this talk about Dawson I thought that Moyes was only going to bring players in to improve the team......?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

We won't get King either. It will be Dawson and Deeney.