Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:31 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:52 pm
Watford fans :lol:
Don’t worry mate that lot wouldn’t know their arse from their fucking elbows
I'd suggest they know their players a lot better than we do and are in a far better position to judge than us. West Ham fans are forever defending Declan Rice from fans of other clubs who reckon he's only just about bang average. Since our fans are the one who watch him week in week out then obviously their opinion is the one that matters.

Same with Watford and Dawson. They're the ones who know the player and his abilities the best and when the majority of them are saying he's utter dog shit, I tend to believe them. Dawson is a fucking horrible, horrible signing. It's up there with Relegation Roger and Roberto.
[/quote

Sour grapes, they had the fucking hump with him wanting to leave after their relegation simple as that.
He will do a job for us when called on no doubt about that.
Better in the air than fucking Diop will ever be.

h69

Post by h69 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:52 pm
Watford fans :lol:
Don’t worry mate that lot wouldn’t know their arse from their fucking elbows
I'd suggest they know their players a lot better than we do and are in a far better position to judge than us. West Ham fans are forever defending Declan Rice from fans of other clubs who reckon he's only just about bang average. Since our fans are the one who watch him week in week out then obviously their opinion is the one that matters.

Same with Watford and Dawson. They're the ones who know the player and his abilities the best and when the majority of them are saying he's utter dog shit, I tend to believe them. Dawson is a fucking horrible, horrible signing. It's up there with Relegation Roger and Roberto.
To be fair, they said the same about Doucoure at the end of last season and while Dawson is coming as a backup and as a mentor to the kids, I believe Doucoure is in Everton's first team.

All fans are a little biased when a player leaves.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:03 pm

To be fair, they said the same about Doucoure at the end of last season and while Dawson is coming as a backup and as a mentor to the kids, I believe Doucoure is in Everton's first team.

Can't understand all the fuss about Dawson tbh. He hasn't been signed as a first choice player, at least I assume he hasn't, but as cover. In effect a replacement for Duffy who it appears was our first choice. Whenever I've seen Dawson he's looked adequate, no better and no worse than the average journeymen plying their trade. Given the choice of shelling out £30 million for Tarkowski, who at that price would have commanded a first team slot, whether worthy of one or not, or taking Dawson for a season whilst our young hopefuls gain , hopefully, some decent experience, I'd go for Dawson every time. Tbh I've probably seen as much of him as I have of Tarkowski and neither strikes me as an upgrade on the main 3 CDs on our books at present.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:41 pm
h69 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:03 pm

Can't understand all the fuss about Dawson tbh. He hasn't been signed as a first choice player, at least I assume he hasn't, but as cover. In effect a replacement for Duffy who it appears was our first choice. Whenever I've seen Dawson he's looked adequate, no better and no worse than the average journeymen plying their trade. Given the choice of shelling out £30 million for Tarkowski, who at that price would have commanded a first team slot, whether worthy of one or not, or taking Dawson for a season whilst our young hopefuls gain , hopefully, some decent experience, I'd go for Dawson every time. Tbh I've probably seen as much of him as I have of Tarkowski and neither strikes me as an upgrade on the main 3 CDs on our books at present.
Exactly my opinion to be honest.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Towie wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:29 pm Just hope we don’t end up with Dawson from Watford ffs,
This aged well, ask any Watford fan ;)
Attachments
Screenshot_20210215-214916_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20210215-214916_Twitter.jpg (565.32 KiB) Viewed 1224 times

Towie

Post by Towie »

hd1 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:00 pm
Towie wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:29 pm Just hope we don’t end up with Dawson from Watford ffs,
Fuck me, you went back and dug that up?

Yes he is doing well, but let’s face it

He is an average pl defender nothing more.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:28 pm

He is. But so is Tarkowski who, apparently, we were prepared to spend big money on. And don’t get me started on Maguire who cost considerably more. :lol: :lol: :lol:

In all honesty I think some of our fans judge a player by the size oh his transfer fee. We all remember. Andy Carroll, we want you to stay. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Maybe,but there is a quality he has that we have been missing for a while.

Organisation.

He knows how to marshal a defence.Watch him..Always talking to the other defenders around him.He may not be a Van Dyke,but his one of the most valued central defenders we have had at the club for a while.

Diop was a bit shaky at the start,but he improved has the game went on..No coincidence.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Towie wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:28 pm Fuck me, you went back and dug that up?

To be fair I could have quoted quite a few on here!

Average defender though? How many 'good players have better stats than him?

As Tel says, some judge a player by the size of his transfer fee, but some judge by other fans opinions, and some judge it on the performances they see

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:41 pm

Maybe,but there is a quality he has that we have been missing for a while.

Organisation.

He knows how to marshal a defence.Watch him..Always talking to the other defenders around him.He may not be a Van Dyke,but his one of the most valued central defenders we have had at the club for a while.

Diop was a bit shaky at the start,but he improved has the game went on..No coincidence.
Good point.