Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:11 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:40 pm
I reckon one could have a comfortable smoke and a couple of tins of cider sat waiting for a train without too much inteference - civilsation

...you can't do that at Twickenham without some badly dressed jobs worth saying... 'Not allowed,not allowed' - nosy cunts. Ignore me and do some proper work you bastard
I used to live in Twickers too.

I've been around.
Slaaaaaag
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Imagine the scenario if we were to finish 4th.
That means with our depleted squad we'll be doing a Man City and fighting on four fronts. But unlike City we'll fail in all of them. I don't expect us to go out and spend money we haven't got and end up in the shit, but what I do expect is some sort of backing for a manager who so far has done wonders to get us where we are. That won't happen with the scum and when the fans are allowed back in they won't be able to hide behind the pandemic either.
Personally I think they've more than burned their bridges with the fans and while it's marvellous to be in our position not to be looking at relegation, a lot of fans know why this doesn't happen on a regular basis.
I couldn't give a fuck whether we finish 2nd or 10th, I want them out, gone, rid, expired, call it what you will.
They're nothing but stinking vermin shite, who've lied to the fans whilst making a shed load of money in the process.
People will see exactly what they're made of if we do qualify for Europe. They'll come out with all manner of bollocks and throw moysie under the nearest double decker.
Once a shyster, always a shyster.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:40 pm Imagine the scenario if we were to finish 4th.
That means with our depleted squad we'll be doing a Man City and fighting on four fronts. But unlike City we'll fail in all of them. I don't expect us to go out and spend money we haven't got and end up in the shit, but what I do expect is some sort of backing for a manager who so far has done wonders to get us where we are. That won't happen with the scum and when the fans are allowed back in they won't be able to hide behind the pandemic either.
Personally I think they've more than burned their bridges with the fans and while it's marvellous to be in our position not to be looking at relegation, a lot of fans know why this doesn't happen on a regular basis.
I couldn't give a fuck whether we finish 2nd or 10th, I want them out, gone, rid, expired, call it what you will.
They're nothing but stinking vermin shite, who've lied to the fans whilst making a shed load of money in the process.
People will see exactly what they're made of if we do qualify for Europe. They'll come out with all manner of bollocks and throw moysie under the nearest double decker.
Once a shyster, always a shyster.
Very poetic. And I agree wholeheartedly
COYI!!!

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:40 pm I don't expect us to go out and spend money we haven't got and end up in the shit, but what I do expect is some sort of backing for a manager who so far has done wonders to get us where we are.
I agree that if we qualify for Europe we don't have a squad to deal with, but in relation to your post above you say you expect some sort of backing for Moyes, so what do you expect that to be?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Let’s get there first, Europe is still a dream for me.

If we had European ambitions, it would have been shown in Jan transfer window.

We are a Rice/Soucek injury away from disaster.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

hd1 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:00 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:40 pm I don't expect us to go out and spend money we haven't got and end up in the shit, but what I do expect is some sort of backing for a manager who so far has done wonders to get us where we are.
I agree that if we qualify for Europe we don't have a squad to deal with, but in relation to your post above you say you expect some sort of backing for Moyes, so what do you expect that to be?
Put it this way, whatever we sell, I expect that amount and more to be put back in to building a decent squad. It doesn't have to be vast amounts, just enough for us to become a cemented top half side. The same goes for the following season. Moyes has proved you don't need an enormous budget to find decent quality players,so that should suit the shysters.
We'd all like the ronaldo's and messi's of this world but if you can't afford them then you have to be realistic.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Towie wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:41 pm Let’s get there first, Europe is still a dream for me.

If we had European ambitions, it would have been shown in Jan transfer window.

We are a Rice/Soucek injury away from disaster.
I agree.
So far we've been lucky in that respect.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:57 pm
hd1 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:00 pm

Put it this way, whatever we sell, I expect that amount and more to be put back in to building a decent squad. It doesn't have to be vast amounts, just enough for us to become a cemented top half side. The same goes for the following season. Moyes has proved you don't need an enormous budget to find decent quality players,so that should suit the shysters.
We'd all like the ronaldo's and messi's of this world but if you can't afford them then you have to be realistic.
Completely agree, but I will bet now thats whatever is spent won't be enough in most peoples eyes.

I still think we'll be lucky to have more the £20m to spend unless we sell. We may lose a few wages in the summer but that doesn't really help purchases. We won't be the only Premier League club in this boat though.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

hd1 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:58 am

Completely agree, but I will bet now thats whatever is spent won't be enough in most peoples eyes.

I still think we'll be lucky to have more the £20m to spend unless we sell. We may lose a few wages in the summer but that doesn't really help purchases. We won't be the only Premier League club in this boat though.
If the fee Man United will ask for Lingard, £20 million apparently, is to be believed it is an indication of how transfer fees will plummet. He is English, which usually means a premium, should be at the peak of his career and was, until fairly recently, a shoe in to the international side.

In any case with my economics hat on transfer fees don't usually reflect "new" money coming into the game. It's just a redistribution of where the money is. West Ham pay Man United £20 million, they pay someone else that same £20 million , and on it goes.

Of course if West Ham were suddenly bought by a wealthy nation state who ploughed many millions into squad investment that would represent "new" money. But as we're more likely to be bought by Zimbabwe than Qatar I won't be holding my breath.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

hd1 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:58 am

I wouldn't mind if say we sold Lanzini and Anderson for 30 mil and they put 20 mil on top. That gives us 50 mil, take away lingards 20 mil, still leaves the 30 mil.
We could with a bit of shrewd business buy 2 maybe 3 decent players.
If they did that and brought a couple of kids through, I'd be happy with that.
I understand that most clubs can't spend until this covid shit has settled down, but if they have any idea on how to settle the fans down, that's what they should be thinking about. Like has been said, we're only a rice or a soucek from things going tits up, but the flip side is we're also only 2 or 3 players away from becoming a very very good side.