Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
BillyDWhizz

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by BillyDWhizz »

palerider wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:07 pm
Towie wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:00 pm

I expect Reid & Balbuena will both go this window so we will need a back up. We also have the young Portuguese Cb Cardosa as back up then.
Duffy's done nothing since Mercy although I quite liked Warwick Avenue.
I get that but should we be paying £8m plus a lengthy contract for a soon to be 29 year old player to go from sitting on one bench to sit on ours? It's not as if he'd be signed with the idea of competing for a 1st team starting berth - as you said he'd just be back up. I'd rather we spent the same money - possibly quite a bit less on someone like young Joe Rodon from Swansea who I think is injury free now and a very decent prospect.

As for the other Duffy, she did a reasonable cover of Live and let Die which I quite liked.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Why are the ITK C&H running bullshit stories that 'we haven't given up hope' of signing Luka Jovic?
As good a signing as that would be -- both for us and our £45m record signing -- it smacks of the season ticket renewal story we get every year.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Neville Bartos wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:32 pm Why are the ITK C&H running bullshit stories that 'we haven't given up hope' of signing Luka Jovic?
As good a signing as that would be -- both for us and our £45m record signing -- it smacks of the season ticket renewal story we get every year.
Anyone who renews their ST on the basis of who we might sign deserves to be mugged off

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

hd1 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:01 pm
Neville Bartos wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:32 pm Why are the ITK C&H running bullshit stories that 'we haven't given up hope' of signing Luka Jovic?
Anyone who renews their ST deserves to be mugged off
Fixed it for you ;)
Bring back Jonathon !

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Is anyone else reading all the potential changes to our team and wondering if we really need to fix what isn't broke?!

Our record since the break was one of the best in the prem, our team was playing with shape and attacking purpose. Even matches lost against Spurs and Burnley I thought we were the better team for large parts. Couple that with beating Chelsea, getting a point from Man U away and the other easy victories against relegation fodder and it really looked like Moyes was getting a tune out of this team. Overhauling a sig no. of players heading into a new season would be too much of a change imo and probably disrupt what looks to be a cohesive group right now.

Keep Johnson at RB, hopefully sign a left back to start over Cresswell, improve depth at CB, bring Grady back, give Silva the chance to be the 3rd striker behind Antonio and Haller. All other needs should be depth to replace any of the other departures we have before Sept.

Of course i would love the addition of an Eze, Behnrama or Watkins from the championship, but on some level, unlike Grady, they are untested at the prem level, so there is a risk involved and would they supplant what we already have. A Cash, Robinson pr Monteil etc would almost definitely be upgrades on our porous fb positions, but would the others replace Fornals, Antonio, Bowen, Yarma, Snoddy. There's also a good chance that we have to stick with Lanzini and Wilshere. Bottom line is since Bowen and Soucek arrived our scoring has improved and to a degree our defensive shape. So why drop any sig funds on the attacking end of the pitch?
#fuckqatar2022

Riceascaptain

Post by Riceascaptain »

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Why would signing Jovic be a good move ? Jovic & Haller played as a pair at Frankfurt and, apart from rare occasions, Moyes has never favoured a twin strikeforce. Is he likely to change the habit of a lifetime this late in his managerial career ? Personally I doubt it. If Jovic can be persuaded to swap Real Madrid for West Ham ( :lol: :lol: ) I think it's more likely it will be as a replacement , rather than a partner for, Haller.

As for the season ticket renewal theory. It's worked very well so far every year as the faithful, or should we say gullible, flock to renew and the alleged millions on the waiting list gnash their teeth in frustration at being unable to get hold of the elusive tickets.
Last edited by Whiskyman on Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Some right old bollocks spouted on Twitter.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:26 pm
Flairon wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:01 pm So how many right backs are we being linked with for heaven's sake?

So far there is Matty Cash at Forest, Kyle Walker- Peters from the Spuds and Vladimir Coufal from Sparta Prague.
I know you live in the U S but here in Britain it's the school holidays. Yes, I know the kids have been off school since March but you know what I mean I'm sure. In football terms it's the silly season.

Out of interest which of those would you prefer, or dare I say it; would you stick with Ben Johnson.
Flairon

Flairon

Re: 2020 FA cup final

Post by Flairon »

Thus far:

Matty Cash
Kyle Walker-Peters
Vladimir Coufal
Aïssa Mandi
John Stones
Eberechi Eze
Said Benrahma.
Ansu Fati
James McCarthy
Jovane Cobral
Morgan Gibbs-White.
Luka Jovic
Martin Braithwaite (please no!)
Callum Wilson

Have I missed anyone!?!

Of hose list above, who would you like to sign and why!?!
Flairon