Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Looks like the Generals off in the summer
Offload big earners Yarmalenko,Lanzini and the scarlet pimpernel Reid although the fees combined won’t come to a rub of fucking soap.
Find some mug silly enough to take the fuzzy haired Brazilian cunt ,might be a fucking tall order that one
With the bit of bug eyes stash ,the misers paltry contribution and some thoughtful purchases in the right departments we might even compete next season as well.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:10 pm
hd1 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:58 am

Completely agree, but I will bet now thats whatever is spent won't be enough in most peoples eyes.

I still think we'll be lucky to have more the £20m to spend unless we sell. We may lose a few wages in the summer but that doesn't really help purchases. We won't be the only Premier League club in this boat though.
I wouldn't mind if say we sold Lanzini and Anderson for 30 mil and they put 20 mil on top. That gives us 50 mil, take away lingards 20 mil, still leaves the 30 mil.
We could with a bit of shrewd business buy 2 maybe 3 decent players.
If they did that and brought a couple of kids through, I'd be happy with that.
I understand that most clubs can't spend until this covid shit has settled down, but if they have any idea on how to settle the fans down, that's what they should be thinking about. Like has been said, we're only a rice or a soucek from things going tits up, but the flip side is we're also only 2 or 3 players away from becoming a very very good side.
And the Diangana money but that will probably slip through the net.

Wonder if the £20-30mil mentioned in January will be on top of the summer budget

I do make myself chuckle with such stupid thoughts :lol: :lol:
COYI!!!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Should be another 15 Mill or so to chuck in the kitty from what we're used to from the PL final position breakdown
Payments...

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:53 pm Should be another 15 Mill or so to chuck in the kitty from what we're used to from the PL final position breakdown
Payments...
That's already been trousered :?
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Towie

Post by Towie »

JayK wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:13 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:10 pm

I wouldn't mind if say we sold Lanzini and Anderson for 30 mil and they put 20 mil on top. That gives us 50 mil, take away lingards 20 mil, still leaves the 30 mil.
We could with a bit of shrewd business buy 2 maybe 3 decent players.
If they did that and brought a couple of kids through, I'd be happy with that.
I understand that most clubs can't spend until this covid shit has settled down, but if they have any idea on how to settle the fans down, that's what they should be thinking about. Like has been said, we're only a rice or a soucek from things going tits up, but the flip side is we're also only 2 or 3 players away from becoming a very very good side.

Wonder if the £20-30mil mentioned in January will be on top of the summer budget

That 20m went on Benrahma when they turned his loan to permanent signing.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Towie wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:21 pm
JayK wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:13 pm

Ah yeah, I forgot that
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:28 pm
Towie wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:21 pm

Ah yeah, I forgot that
Has selling Diangana and bringing in Benrahma been a good deal? Tbh I didn’t think either of them would set the world alight, and so far they haven’t. I suppose they could both improve in time but at the moment I haven’t seen a compelling reason for shelling out what we did on Benrahma.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:06 pm Has selling Diangana and bringing in Benrahma been a good deal? Tbh I didn’t think either of them would set the world alight, and so far they haven’t. I suppose they could both improve in time but at the moment I haven’t seen a compelling reason for shelling out what we did on Benrahma.
Yes I think so. Benrahma is much harder working for a start. Once that first goal goes in his confidence will soar, he's definitely a good player waiting to get out.

Diangana didn't even make the bench tonight for WBA.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

hd1 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:19 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:06 pm Has selling Diangana and bringing in Benrahma been a good deal? Tbh I didn’t think either of them would set the world alight, and so far they haven’t. I suppose they could both improve in time but at the moment I haven’t seen a compelling reason for shelling out what we did on Benrahma.
Yes I think so. Benrahma is much harder working for a start. Once that first goal goes in his confidence will soar, he's definitely a good player waiting to get out.

He hasn’t been plying much recently. He’s either become worse than I remember him or he’s been injured.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:03 pm
hd1 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:19 pm

He hasn’t been plying much recently. He’s either become worse than I remember him or he’s been injured.
He has been out injured for a couple months I believe, hasn’t torn up any trees but then have any of their players?
Think they would have more points by now if they had kept Bilic tbh, still probably relegated though in the end.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.