Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by Towie »

hd1 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:52 pm
Towie wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:20 pm So you are judging him on 9 pl games for us, and forgetting all his other stats in previous pl games for other clubs? There is no way on Earth YOU looked at Dawson at other clubs and thought he is the player for us, so stop making out you are some scouting genius.

Let’s not forget Balbuena was also doing exactly same job as Dawson is now, this is down to Moyes & his staff having the players organised and doing their jobs.

Now here is a question for you HD1 my board loving friend. Would you have rather the board backed Moyes and purchased Fofana £30m at Leicester or Dawson on loan?
I don't claim to have seen him play elsewhere. I've watched him play really well in his 9 games for us which is all I care about. Why would I care how he played for Watford when he plays like this for us?

It's weird isn't it how a player can be brilliant elsewhere and come to us and be useless, but apparently not the other way around?

Board loving friend :lol:

Why would we spend £30m on Fofana when we have Ogbonna, Balbuena, Diop and Dawson on loan/ for £3m? Between them they have kept 9 clean sheets in the PL this season.

So no, I'd rather we spent the money on a decent striker, when one becomes available in the summer and keep Dawson, wouldn't you?
You would need to ask Moyes his reasoning about wanting to spend £30m on a CB? Tarkowski was his preferred choice as we are all aware.
He settled for Dawson on loan which let’s face it he will not be future of this club.

A similar £30m approach for Fofana would have fitted in with Moyes fit & young hungry mantra.

Seems a striker is well down his list of priorities.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

palerider

Post by palerider »

I'm fucked if I know any more. Did Moyes get lucky or was the signing of Lingard a master stroke ?

All I am sure of is that Josh King was not the answer and I'm glad he fucked off elsewhere.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Towie wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:20 pm
hd1 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:45 pm
To be fair I could have quoted quite a few on here!

Average defender though? How many 'good players have better stats than him?

As Tel says, some judge a player by the size of his transfer fee, but some judge by other fans opinions, and some judge it on the performances they see
So you are judging him on 9 pl games for us, and forgetting all his other stats in previous pl games for other clubs? There is no way on Earth YOU looked at Dawson at other clubs and thought he is the player for us, so stop making out you are some scouting genius.

Let’s not forget Balbuena was also doing exactly same job as Dawson is now, this is down to Moyes & his staff having the players organised and doing their jobs.

Now here is a question for you HD1 my board loving friend. Would you have rather the board backed Moyes and purchased Fofana £30m at Leicester or Dawson on loan?
I don't think you understand what Dawson brings to the team.

Watch him..Rice/Noble maybe the captains,but his the one that really leads the team.

He is chatting all the time to his team mates.Does Balbuena do that?

Agbonna struggled sometimes with Diop beside him.We conceded a lot of goals when they were together(do your research),but yesterday Diop started a bit slow,but improved has the game went on..Like I said,earlier on in this thread,i think that was Dawson's influence.

In my opinion,we are a better team with him being in the team,than without him.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

palerider wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:08 am I'm fucked if I know any more. Did Moyes get lucky or was the signing of Lingard a master stroke ?

All I am sure of is that Josh King was not the answer and I'm glad he fucked off elsewhere.
I think a lot of us are eating humble pie.

A lot of us thought he would not have the right attitude,how wrong were we.

I couldn't see why we needed yet another midfielder winger,but I can see why Moyes wanted him now.When he gets the ball,things happen.Hopefully Benrahma will learn from him.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:34 am
palerider wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:08 am I'm fucked if I know any more. Did Moyes get lucky or was the signing of Lingard a master stroke ?

I think a lot of us are eating humble pie.

A lot of us thought he would not have the right attitude,how wrong were we.

I couldn't see why we needed yet another midfielder winger,but I can see why Moyes wanted him now.When he gets the ball,things happen.Hopefully Benrahma will learn from him.

Nothing wrong in disagreeing with stuff that he does..I certainly have done...it's being able to see why he does it and
the thinking behind it..and why he says things...i.e..

"He's happy with the squad."..not Satisfied with it,he always says he wants to add to it if poss...he's happy with the personalties
the guys he has in it,the attitude,the way they are bonding etc...he's bigging them up..

I thought why Ben...you've just fucked Anderson off,one of the best players I've seen...then Lingard,why Lingard,you just
got Ben in.. :lol: .. we have enough there...Fornals and Lanza won't get game time now,but you have to be brutal if you
wanna get near top table in footie these days...think he has that in him as well.

Towie

Post by Towie »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:22 am
Towie wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:20 pm

So you are judging him on 9 pl games for us, and forgetting all his other stats in previous pl games for other clubs? There is no way on Earth YOU looked at Dawson at other clubs and thought he is the player for us, so stop making out you are some scouting genius.

Watch him..Rice/Noble maybe the captains,but his the one that really leads the team.

Agbonna struggled sometimes with Diop beside him.We conceded a lot of goals when they were together(do your research),but yesterday Diop started a bit slow,but improved has the game went on..Like I said,earlier on in this thread,i think that was Dawson's influence.

Think you need to look at what I actually have said, I am not knocking Dawson for what he has done in the team. At the moment he deserves to keep his place.

What I am saying that nobody on here would have thought what a great signing Dawson is for us!

Hindsight is a great thing isn’t it?
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Towie wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:35 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:22 am

Think you need to look at what I actually have said, I am not knocking Dawson for what he has done in the team. At the moment he deserves to keep his place.

What I am saying that nobody on here would have thought what a great signing Dawson is for us!

Absolutely

Many of us said "WHY?"

Same as Lingard..We all thought his attitude maybe wouldn't be right,but how wrong was we?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:23 pm
Towie wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:35 pm

Absolutely

Many of us said "WHY?"

Same as Lingard..We all thought his attitude maybe wouldn't be right,but how wrong was we?
Don’t bring fucking Lingard into it :lol: it wasn’t his attitude it was always about whether we needed yet another AM when there were so many other position we (still) need to strengthen.
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:43 pm

Absolutely

Many of us said "WHY?"

Don’t bring fucking Lingard into it :lol: it wasn’t his attitude it was always about whether we needed yet another AM when there were so many other position we (still) need to strengthen.
His been so good,I'd forgotten about that :lol:

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:43 pm

Absolutely

Many of us said "WHY?"

Exactly this. I didn’t consider his attitude, just we needed in other areas more
COYI!!!