Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

hd1 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:00 pm
Towie wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:29 pm Just hope we don’t end up with Dawson from Watford ffs,
This aged well, ask any Watford fan ;)
:lol:
Fucking Watford fans

Lemons.

Towie

Post by Towie »

hd1 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:45 pm
Towie wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:28 pm Fuck me, you went back and dug that up?

Yes he is doing well, but let’s face it

He is an average pl defender nothing more.
To be fair I could have quoted quite a few on here!

Average defender though? How many 'good players have better stats than him?

As Tel says, some judge a player by the size of his transfer fee, but some judge by other fans opinions, and some judge it on the performances they see
So you are judging him on 9 pl games for us, and forgetting all his other stats in previous pl games for other clubs? There is no way on Earth YOU looked at Dawson at other clubs and thought he is the player for us, so stop making out you are some scouting genius.

Let’s not forget Balbuena was also doing exactly same job as Dawson is now, this is down to Moyes & his staff having the players organised and doing their jobs.

Now here is a question for you HD1 my board loving friend. Would you have rather the board backed Moyes and purchased Fofana £30m at Leicester or Dawson on loan?
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:38 pm
Towie wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:28 pm

Fuck me, you went back and dug that up?

Yes he is doing well, but let’s face it

He is an average pl defender nothing more.
He is. But so is Tarkowski who, apparently, we were prepared to spend big money on. And don’t get me started on Maguire who cost considerably more. :lol: :lol: :lol:

In all honesty I think some of our fans judge a player by the size oh his transfer fee. We all remember. Andy Carroll, we want you to stay. :lol:
I agree with you on Tarkowski not worth 30m.
But we were also in for the Leicester player Fofana who looks exceptional and is only 20yo, £30m he cost them surely that is worth the investment than getting in a 5th choice CB on loan from Watford.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Towie wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:20 pm So you are judging him on 9 pl games for us, and forgetting all his other stats in previous pl games for other clubs? There is no way on Earth YOU looked at Dawson at other clubs and thought he is the player for us, so stop making out you are some scouting genius.

Let’s not forget Balbuena was also doing exactly same job as Dawson is now, this is down to Moyes & his staff having the players organised and doing their jobs.

Now here is a question for you HD1 my board loving friend. Would you have rather the board backed Moyes and purchased Fofana £30m at Leicester or Dawson on loan?
I don't claim to have seen him play elsewhere. I've watched him play really well in his 9 games for us which is all I care about. Why would I care how he played for Watford when he plays like this for us?

It's weird isn't it how a player can be brilliant elsewhere and come to us and be useless, but apparently not the other way around?

Board loving friend :lol:

Why would we spend £30m on Fofana when we have Ogbonna, Balbuena, Diop and Dawson on loan/ for £3m? Between them they have kept 9 clean sheets in the PL this season.

So no, I'd rather we spent the money on a decent striker, when one becomes available in the summer and keep Dawson, wouldn't you?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

hd1 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:52 pm
Towie wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:20 pm So you are judging him on 9 pl games for us, and forgetting all his other stats in previous pl games for other clubs? There is no way on Earth YOU looked at Dawson at other clubs and thought he is the player for us, so stop making out you are some scouting genius.

I don't claim to have seen him play elsewhere. I've watched him play really well in his 9 games for us which is all I care about. Why would I care how he played for Watford when he plays like this for us?

It's weird isn't it how a player can be brilliant elsewhere and come to us and be useless, but apparently not the other way around?

Why would we spend £30m on Fofana when we have Ogbonna, Balbuena, Diop and Dawson on loan/ for £3m? Between them they have kept 9 clean sheets in the PL this season.

So no, I'd rather we spent the money on a decent striker, when one becomes available in the summer and keep Dawson, wouldn't you?
Gotta love your last paragraph HD .

What makes you think a decent striker , what Moyes wants and our board are prepared to pay for mind , will become available in the summer when they weren’t available either last summer or in January?
Bring back Jonathon !

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

hd1 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:52 pm

Most of them are available, it's whether or not you're going to have the backing to go and get them that's the issue.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:26 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:38 pm

He is. But so is Tarkowski who, apparently, we were prepared to spend big money on. And don’t get me started on Maguire who cost considerably more. :lol: :lol: :lol:

In all honesty I think some of our fans judge a player by the size oh his transfer fee. We all remember. Andy Carroll, we want you to stay. :lol:
I agree with you on Tarkowski not worth 30m.
But we were also in for the Leicester player Fofana who looks exceptional and is only 20yo, £30m he cost them surely that is worth the investment than getting in a 5th choice CB on loan from Watford.
Early days for Fofana imo. But in any case Leicester, like us, are a selling club. They will see if Fofana develops into a "must have" defender and then take the silly money. But for £30 million with our present squad I preferred the Dawson option tbh. Central defence wasn't a priority, in fact it's the area of the team where we have decent options, so major investment wasn't needed there imo. Tbh i'm surprised Dawson has become a fixture in the defence. I expected him to spend most of his time bench warming, but at the moment he must be one of the first names on the team sheet.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

The last thing we need is to spend half the budget on a defender. Coufal was the missing piece.

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

agree look at Liverpool they didn't need all that money spent on a centre back did they :lol:

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

One thing you can’t knock are Moyes signings

Unlike that Chilean old cunt spunking money on fucking dogshit.

Leave Moyes to sort out where we need strengthening in the Summer I’m sure he has a few surprises in store.