Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:58 am
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:26 pm

John Stones scares the shit out of me tbh. Very over rated player imo. The though of him lining up alongside Fredericks and Cresswell sends a chill down the spine.
Funny how we see players differently...I don't mind him,but am going back a couple years,don't see much of him now.
We don't do it...(we wont get passed mid table to we do) play a 3 at back at times...he can play full-back,used to play there,so
my thinking is with present squad...Him Right...Issa Centre...Oggy Left,as an option,at moment we'd have to do that with
Balbeuna,another juries out player,we've used Cress in a 3,but can't play him and Oggy together in it,at moment Oggy Starts..
Plus use him in a 4 as a FB if needs be..covers injuries as he is a bit more versatile..just think he'd be handy to have around.
But Googled him yesterday...Staying at Citeh evidently...
Citeh lost 10 games last year....maybe should think about using him..
By my reckoning he was probably the reason they lost half of them mate. ;)

Came to prominence when he joined Everton but, for me, his concentration levels are suspect. He makes far too many unenforced errors for my liking and I reckon we've already got enough doing that.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:45 am
Hammertime wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:19 am

I really worry about your assessment of central defenders, you don't rate Tarkowski and Stones, but think Diop is our future?! The former would both be massive upgrades on the position although I wouldn't pay as much for Stones. Put either of them with our favourite Italian and we'd stop more of our fb errors!

If you're going to quote me, please do so correctly. I didn't say Diop was our future. What I did say, and I'm happy to stand by it, is that I expect Diop to achieve more in the game than Tarkowski will. I am happy to accept Diop is not the finished article but he is young enough to achieve his potential. And in today's game resale values are an important consideration, or at least should be for clubs at our level, when buying in.

As for Stones. If you seriously believe he would be an upgrade I suggest you look closely at some of his games for Manchester City where his errors have led to goal concessions. And he has the benefit, usually, of playing alongside quality international footballers and concentrating on his own role, rather than worrying about what clowns like Fredericks and Cresswell will do next which would be the case if he joined us.
All apologies oh great tactician of the under 12s, I was just pointing out your faith in the development of Diop, which considering the amount of cbs that Moyes is after, he lacks faith in too. Stones' weakness is him trying to play out of the back and fit into a Guardiola type team. No worries there for us, he will have no such expectation and be back with the coach that got the most out of him at Diop's age.
#fuckqatar2022

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Castiron wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:03 am :lol: :lol: fuck off, not again :roll:
https://www.hammers.news/club-news/repo ... r-on-loan/
Thankfully signed for Palarse for the season

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

hd1 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:37 pm
Castiron wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:03 am :lol: :lol: fuck off, not again :roll:
https://www.hammers.news/club-news/repo ... r-on-loan/
Thankfully signed for Palarse for the season
I'm sure he could do a job, but fuck sake he's turned us down how many times, and still the rags roll the same old shit out. :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Hammertime wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:36 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:45 am

If you're going to quote me, please do so correctly. I didn't say Diop was our future. What I did say, and I'm happy to stand by it, is that I expect Diop to achieve more in the game than Tarkowski will. I am happy to accept Diop is not the finished article but he is young enough to achieve his potential. And in today's game resale values are an important consideration, or at least should be for clubs at our level, when buying in.

As for Stones. If you seriously believe he would be an upgrade I suggest you look closely at some of his games for Manchester City where his errors have led to goal concessions. And he has the benefit, usually, of playing alongside quality international footballers and concentrating on his own role, rather than worrying about what clowns like Fredericks and Cresswell will do next which would be the case if he joined us.
All apologies oh great tactician of the under 12s, I was just pointing out your faith in the development of Diop, which considering the amount of cbs that Moyes is after, he lacks faith in too. Stones' weakness is him trying to play out of the back and fit into a Guardiola type team. No worries there for us, he will have no such expectation and be back with the coach that got the most out of him at Diop's age.
I'll ignore the sarcasm if you accept that once again you have missed the point. Where have I said I have "faith" in Diop ? What I said was, and I'll type it slowly, was that I believe he will achieve more in the game than Tarkowski will. I have not said he will be a world beater or the next Virgil vanDijk or Sergio Ramos.

Stones? I have no argument with your assessment of WHY he makes mistakes. But the old saying about leopards and spots comes to mind. Stones is the sort of player Rio Ferdinand was. He likes to play the ball out of defence rather than hoofing it. The problem Stones has is that Rio was much better at it and he could alos defend conventionally when required to do so,

And btw it's Under 16s I coach. And I don't believe I've ever claimed to be a great tactician. But, for my sins, I do have some coaching badges and, believe it or not, have been used in the past by a couple of PL clubs to send in reports about youth players who have been identified by their scouting people. So I do think I have a bit of knowledge.And a few quid in the bank by way of a thank you from said clubs. :lol:

And my avatar on here is far superior to your abortion. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:40 am
Hammertime wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:36 pm

I'll ignore the sarcasm if you accept that once again you have missed the point. Where have I said I have "faith" in Diop ? What I said was, and I'll type it slowly, was that I believe he will achieve more in the game than Tarkowski will. I have not said he will be a world beater or the next Virgil vanDijk or Sergio Ramos.

Stones? I have no argument with your assessment of WHY he makes mistakes. But the old saying about leopards and spots comes to mind. Stones is the sort of player Rio Ferdinand was. He likes to play the ball out of defence rather than hoofing it. The problem Stones has is that Rio was much better at it and he could alos defend conventionally when required to do so,

And btw it's Under 16s I coach. And I don't believe I've ever claimed to be a great tactician. But, for my sins, I do have some coaching badges and, believe it or not, have been used in the past by a couple of PL clubs to send in reports about youth players who have been identified by their scouting people. So I do think I have a bit of knowledge.And a few quid in the bank by way of a thank you from said clubs. :lol:

And my avatar on here is far superior to your abortion. ;)
Easy mate, think you're going to lose those badges with assessments on defenders like that. Diop have a better career than Tarkowski!!! The later could do a knee and never play again and I'd still wager on him having the better career! I will be shocked if Diop is a premier league level defender in 3 years, judging by his current IQ for the game, he'll be lucky to make it in 5 or 6, but he certainly won't be as accomplished as Tarkowski come 27, of that I"m sure. Still, I'd love to be wrong and have the switch go on sooner rather than later. Just don't see him learning the basics of defending ; judging the flight of the ball, keep your eyes open when you head it, diving into tackles on the halfway line, taking out your own RB, using your considerable size and speed to shepherd away from the goal without losing your feet. Played, coached and watched CB play my whole life and I don't need a badge or a paycheck to suss that! Surely Moyes tried to flog him, but much like Anderson got nothing close to value offered, but it hasn't stopped replacing him as Moyes' No 1 mission!

ps guess you're not a big fan of the pictures!
#fuckqatar2022

garnett

Post by garnett »

Being brutally honest, the state our club is in why would anyone consider coming here to further their career, the only thing on the "up" is our laughing stock status.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

garnett wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:17 am Being brutally honest, the state our club is in why would anyone consider coming here to further their career, the only thing on the "up" is our laughing stock status.
It's not the club,but the owners.

We have had terrible owners for the past 40 odd years,but we have always loved the team.

Who can forget Bobby Moore being slung out of Upton Park for not having a ticket.

Brown getting rid of our fantastic crop of youngsters,that went on to win EVERYTHING in domestic Football..FIVE bloody players and then got relegated.All,apart from Ferdinand sold well under their value. Under decent owners,we could have won a PL or a CL.To rub salt in to the wound,we were relegated..His now Honorary Life President at the club. You couldn`t make it up.

The Icelanders who went bankrupt,then these orrible greedy c**ts.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Appears we are back in for Lukas Masopust who plays as a RM/RWB , Souceks Czech Republic teammate.
https://readwestham.com/2020/09/11/west ... -masopust/

Would explain us going after a CB , as maybe Moyes wants to play three at the back , would help out Haller playing 3-4-3 formation , but we still need a Wing Forward on the left .