West Ham vs Aston Villa Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Aston Villa Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

What a good point result against Man Utd and I hope West Ham will not switch off against Aston Villa as Villa will want to win this match which I do NOT want them to win. Need to avoid defeat as a defeat will be 10th at home and that would equally joint worst home defeat record since 1988-89 season when West Ham only won 3 and lost 10 at home which is still stand at the worst home record. Need to keep this unbeaten mentality going to be in good stead for next season which will start on 12th September 2020.

I am not sure how the squad will be as there were some knocks against a rough Man Utd players which include, Bowen, Fornals, Cresswell and Soucek. Hope those 4 will be OK for the Villa game.

Squad:

Fabbyman

Johnson
Diop
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Rice
Soucek
Noble

Fornals
Bowen
Antonio

Let hope we have a good win at home especially last game and hope to cement 15th place.

whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Aston Villa Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Tbh this game would be a very good opportunity for Moyes to give a run to some (if there are any) of the young players on the fringes of the first team squad to enable him to see how they react to playing at the highest level.

It would be a decent test for them because Villa need to try for a result just in case Bournemouth or Watford should manage to get wins.

Come on Messiah, you know it makes sense.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:59 am Tbh this game would be a very good opportunity for Moyes to give a run to some (if there are any) of the young players on the fringes of the first team squad to enable him to see how they react to playing at the highest level.

It would be a decent test for them because Villa need to try for a result just in case Bournemouth or Watford should manage to get wins.

Maybe when we are 4-0 in front... ;) .....The under 23's have not played since...fucking ages ago, so would not be match fit, the likes of Johnson, Silva and Cardosa must have been training with the first team as they have been involved with the match day squad over the last few weeks.

But what is interesting is today Coventry was named in the squad who has been out on loan at Lincoln, so does that mean that the likes of Diangana and Cullen are eligible to play as their loans have now finished, and will both be match fit?

So maybe some cameo appearances on Sunday, as we do have the use of 5 subs..... :lol: :lol: :lol: .....or not

Bowen looked like he got a knock today.. :lol: :lol: :lol: ..actually he got kicked all over the park today, so it would surprise me to see him recovered in time for Sunday, there would be the opportunity to put Diangana in, maybe in front of Yammy?

palerider

Post by palerider »

As integrity determined the PL restarted in the first place :lol: , it's only fitting that integrity finishes the season and we put out our strongest team possible.

I think it will end in a whimper anyway much to Sky's disgust. All week they've been hyping 'Survival Sunday' with one of their oiks even suggesting to Junior Twitch that a sound spanking last night and we'd be well back in the mix. The Beeb too said the same prior to our game, although Robbie Savage, not my favourite personality, told the co-commentator who was pushing the idea that he shouldn't be smoking that shit.

But Watford have gone. End of story. However crap the Arse were at Villa, they'll piss all over the Hornets. Whatever prompted Pearson's sacking, and I've heard a couple of rumours, it has to be one of the biggest OG's in PL history.

The story will be qualification for the Champions League so at least Sky have something to masturbate over.

I'd loov it, just loov it if everything was already done and dusted and Sky had to generate interest in 'The race for 8th.'

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

I said "safe as houses" regarding relegation after the 3 points we got from the chelski game. Now I'm not so sure. It's not over untill the fat lady sings and fuck all the mathematically whose up and whose down. Someone could still sneak into the ILS, breaking covid rules and run onto the pitch, stark bollock naked or fully dressed, get tackled by Nobes, fined by the old bill and we get points deducted. It could happen so keep the arse cheeks tight untill vars says
They think its all over, it is now.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:42 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:59 am Tbh this game would be a very good opportunity for Moyes to give a run to some (if there are any) of the young players on the fringes of the first team squad to enable him to see how they react to playing at the highest level.

Maybe when we are 4-0 in front... ;) .....The under 23's have not played since...fucking ages ago, so would not be match fit, the likes of Johnson, Silva and Cardosa must have been training with the first team as they have been involved with the match day squad over the last few weeks.

But what is interesting is today Coventry was named in the squad who has been out on loan at Lincoln, so does that mean that the likes of Diangana and Cullen are eligible to play as their loans have now finished, and will both be match fit?

So maybe some cameo appearances on Sunday, as we do have the use of 5 subs..... :lol: :lol: :lol: .....or not

Bowen looked like he got a knock today.. :lol: :lol: :lol: ..actually he got kicked all over the park today, so it would surprise me to see him recovered in time for Sunday, there would be the opportunity to put Diangana in, maybe in front of Yammy?
I wouldn't have thought they could because their loans would have to have been extended, and I'm guessing that would be until the end of the month.

I seem to remember seeing Silva's name come up on the list of subs in one or two of our post restart matches. An ideal opportunity to have a look at him in first team action imo. If we don't do it now when do we ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

not got any real passion for or against Villa, it would just be nice to finish on a high and hope the fuckers dont spend 4 wks on the lash before it restarts. Hopefully Diangana back and maybe another midfielder , left back and forward. Haller isnt quick enough and antonio cant keep that level for an entire season.

Moyes, didnt want him back, but is growing on me begrudgingly. see where we are in December i guess.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Hope we show similar passion to the Man U game.

I don`t want us to lay down..I think you are conning your fans.I do think has a team,we are in a good place and want to see us win.

Think Villa will stay up,even if we beat them.Arsenal won't repeat that awful performance v Villa and I can`t see Bournemouth beating Everton.

Talking of Bournemouth,I was down there yesterday seeing my daughter and their were older teenage lads trying talk like Cockneys..Crack me up :lol:

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

He should make Wheelchair start and earn some of that obscene wage he’s been thieving for two seasons

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:42 am

Coventry has been on the bench in the last two games