Would Anyone Be Surprised If---

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Would Anyone Be Surprised If---

Post by Whiskyman »

Let's assume for a minute Arsenal beat Villa tonight by, say 2 goals. That would keep Villa 3 points behind Watford with a worse goal difference of 2.

Fast forward to Sunday and if Arsenal beat Watford, which would be expected Villa, if they beat us would have the same number of points as Watford and, at the very least, an identical goal difference but with an advantage because they have scored more goals which kicks in if goal difference is identical.

So here's the conspiracy theory and it's a scenario, given the dwarf's personality, I could seriously imagine happening. Imagine this conversation in the boardroom pre match

Villa Chairman: David, old boy, what's your price for giving us the 3 points today
Dwarf: Gonna cost a lot if you drop old boy
Villa Chairman: Doesn't bear thinking about. You still got that Cayman Islands account ?
Dwarf: One in Bermuda as well old man.
Villa Chairman: How does £10 million sound?
Dwarf: Not as sweet as £20 mill.
Villa Chairman: Meet me halfway. £15 million. Shake on it now and the money'll be in warmer climates within minutes.
Dwarf: Pleasure doing business with you. See you next season. Now excuse me, I just have to speak to my manager. MOYSIE--A Word in your shell like old chap.

Would anyone consider this a plausible possibility. There is precedent. 1994 Everton 3 Wimbledon 2. Or so it is often alleged.

Certainly wouldn't surprise me.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Re: Would Anyone Be Surprised If---

Post by terrya1965 »

I think the Villa owners have already spoken to Stan Kroenke.His quite fond of a few bob.

Post by 9898 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:13 pm Let's assume for a minute Arsenal beat Villa tonight by, say 2 goals. That would keep Villa 3 points behind Watford with a worse goal difference of 2.

Fast forward to Sunday and if Arsenal beat Watford, which would be expected Villa, if they beat us would have the same number of points as Watford and, at the very least, an identical goal difference but with an advantage because they have scored more goals which kicks in if goal difference is identical.

So here's the conspiracy theory and it's a scenario, given the dwarf's personality, I could seriously imagine happening. Imagine this conversation in the boardroom pre match

Villa Chairman: David, old boy, what's your price for giving us the 3 points today
Villa Chairman: Doesn't bear thinking about. You still got that Cayman Islands account ?
Villa Chairman: Meet me halfway. £15 million. Shake on it now and the money'll be in warmer climates within minutes.
Dwarf: Pleasure doing business with you. See you next season. Now excuse me, I just have to speak to my manager. MOYSIE--A Word in your shell like old chap.

Would anyone consider this a plausible possibility. There is precedent. 1994 Everton 3 Wimbledon 2. Or so it is often alleged.

Silly post.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

If. :)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

This is bloody marvellous. Aston Villa can lose to us by the same margin that Watford lose to Arsenal and survive by 1 GD.

Lets say Arsenal win their last home game 3-0, then we can do the same or even relax at 2-0. Everyone is happy and the integrity is seen to be upheld.

...and DS can still have 15M in his Cayman's bank account by Sunday tea time

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:59 pm I think the Villa owners have already spoken to Stan Kroenke.His quite fond of a few bob.
Immaterial now. Villa are safe now unless some freak results happen. So the Dwarf's Cayman Island account will remain untroubled.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Watford get a point at arseholes
We do Villa they are down

Perfectly doable.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:29 pm Watford get a point at arseholes
We do Villa they are down

Perfectly doable.
I've supported West Ham long enough to know if there is fuck all at stake there will be zero interest in the game. I can see the game on Sunday being a total borefest tbh.

Anyone who thinks Watford will get a result at Arsenal please let me know and I will happily be your bookie for the day. ;)

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

9898 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:06 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:13 pm Let's assume for a minute Arsenal beat Villa tonight by, say 2 goals. That would keep Villa 3 points behind Watford with a worse goal difference of 2.

Silly post.
Of course. Just like a lot of others. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

palerider

Post by palerider »

Well, Arsenal didn't beat Villa. Not that Villa were great. They didn't have to be.

Arsenal did what they always do against teams that roll their sleeves up and put bodies on the line. If Arteta wants to divorce himself from Wengerball then playing tippy-tap with 30 seconds left isn't it. City ideas without City players. The only time they nearly scored was from a corner that came back off the post. Maybe that, and the fact that only Naaaarch have conceded more goals from corners should have told him something.

Only one team really needed it and for half an hour I thought City were going through the motions too. But Watford imploded. I'm surprised Pozzo didn't sack Hayden Mullins after the game.

So no conspiracy. Even though Villa may beat us and Bournemouth may win at Goodison, Watford winning by eight at the Emirates would be a theory too far.

It's Naaarch, the Cherries and Watford for the drop. Pleasing for me because I loathe that diving twat Grealish marginally less than Deeney and serial cheat Callum Wilson. And I doubt Grealish will stay anyway.

So let's all celebrate. Another season in the Prem. We're off to the next level.

The little cunt told us so.