Would Anyone Be Surprised If---

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Would Anyone Be Surprised If---

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:25 am Well, Arsenal didn't beat Villa. Not that Villa were great. They didn't have to be.

Arsenal did what they always do against teams that roll their sleeves up and put bodies on the line. If Arteta wants to divorce himself from Wengerball then playing tippy-tap with 30 seconds left isn't it. City ideas without City players. The only time they nearly scored was from a corner that came back off the post. Maybe that, and the fact that only Naaaarch have conceded more goals from corners should have told him something.

Only one team really needed it and for half an hour I thought City were going through the motions too. But Watford imploded. I'm surprised Pozzo didn't sack Hayden Mullins after the game.

So no conspiracy. Even though Villa may beat us and Bournemouth may win at Goodison, Watford winning by eight at the Emirates would be a theory too far.

It's Naaarch, the Cherries and Watford for the drop. Pleasing for me because I loathe that diving twat Grealish marginally less than Deeney and serial cheat Callum Wilson. And I doubt Grealish will stay anyway.

So let's all celebrate. Another season in the Prem. We're off to the next level.

The little cunt told us so.
Did you hear the co commentator say, towards the end of the game, he thought Villa were "magnificent" and had played "brilliantly". If that game last night can claim those accolades then the quality of the PL is a lot worse than I thought.

I've applied for the franchise to bottle it and put it for sale as an insomnia cure. 95 minutes of garbage. I may be wrong but I think Villa's goal was the only shot on target in the game. Pepe Reina, who must be about 45 now, could have played in fucking flip flops and no one would have noticed.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:54 am
palerider wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:25 am Well, Arsenal didn't beat Villa. Not that Villa were great. They didn't have to be.

Arsenal did what they always do against teams that roll their sleeves up and put bodies on the line. If Arteta wants to divorce himself from Wengerball then playing tippy-tap with 30 seconds left isn't it. City ideas without City players. The only time they nearly scored was from a corner that came back off the post. Maybe that, and the fact that only Naaaarch have conceded more goals from corners should have told him something.

Only one team really needed it and for half an hour I thought City were going through the motions too. But Watford imploded. I'm surprised Pozzo didn't sack Hayden Mullins after the game.

So no conspiracy. Even though Villa may beat us and Bournemouth may win at Goodison, Watford winning by eight at the Emirates would be a theory too far.

It's Naaarch, the Cherries and Watford for the drop. Pleasing for me because I loathe that diving twat Grealish marginally less than Deeney and serial cheat Callum Wilson. And I doubt Grealish will stay anyway.

So let's all celebrate. Another season in the Prem. We're off to the next level.

The little cunt told us so.
Did you hear the co commentator say, towards the end of the game, he thought Villa were "magnificent" and had played "brilliantly". If that game last night can claim those accolades then the quality of the PL is a lot worse than I thought.

I've applied for the franchise to bottle it and put it for sale as an insomnia cure. 95 minutes of garbage. I may be wrong but I think Villa's goal was the only shot on target in the game. Pepe Reina, who must be about 45 now, could have played in fucking flip flops and no one would have noticed.
Villa have been crap all season.

The only reason,they are out of the Bottom 3, is the teams they have played in the last few weeks having nothing to play for..No other reason.
ThIs is why we will probably lose our last 2 games.Man U & Villa need the points..I really hope not,but I think it will be the case.Teams just take the foot of the pedal.Look at Liverpool.Since they won the League,their form wouldn`t even get them in the Top 10.I still expect Numbers to be on here criticizing us,saying how sh*t Soucek and Bowen are,saying"I told you so" :lol:

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

Villa a good away trip, a team we have a chance against and usually good people.

Glad they're staying.

B'mouth may be a better away day....but I'll never get enough points to go,few will .1200 isn't it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:08 am

The only reason,they are out of the Bottom 3, is the teams they have played in the last few weeks having nothing to play for..No other reason.
ThIs is why we will probably lose our last 2 games.Man U & Villa need the points..I really hope not,but I think it will be the case.Teams just take the foot of the pedal.Look at Liverpool.Since they won the League,their form wouldn`t even get them in the Top 10.I still expect Numbers to be on here criticizing us,saying how sh*t Soucek and Bowen are,saying"I told you so" :lol:
That's true. But don't let's forget there's a lot of other crap teams near the bottom. Including the three below them who will now almost certainly be the ones to go.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

hamstew

Post by hamstew »

Everton didn't have anything to play for and they drew with Villa, even though Villa probably should have won but they didn't.

I get when people say that teams who are safe in the league or can't get into Europe or challenge for the title etc.. have nothing to play for but so many times in the past where I've seen these so called teams who have nothing to play for and for whichever reason, are able to play good football and beat the team who had something to play for because of no pressure or even momentum and ability ie.. the other team are better even though they had nothing to play for. That's the thing though isn't it, every professional club and every professional player in whichever league they are playing in should want to try to win regardless if they have anything to play for or not, it bodes well for them. Also the higher up the league you finish, the better the money is and for how shit it sounds I would like to see West Ham finish as high as possible, even if it's just by a couple of places (if that is possible of course, as I haven't looked at the table properly).

So with that in mind I don't think we will lose our last two games, I'm not sure about winning in both or either but certainly not losing, just because of momentum and no real pressure and believe it or not we have some ability! But if we do lose one of the games or both, then oh well, it was just an prediction afterall. There, I think that's covered.
Last edited by hamstew on Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

hamstew wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:39 am

Everton didn't have anything to play for and they drew with Villa, even though Villa probably should have won but they didn't.

I get when people say that teams who are safe in the league or can't get into Europe or challenge for the title etc.. have nothing to play for but so many times in the past where I've seen these so called teams who have nothing to play for and for whichever reason, are able to play good football without any pressure and beat the team who had something to play for because of pressure or even momentum and ability ie.. the other team are better even though they had nothing to play for. That's the thing though isn't it, every professional club and every professional player in whichever league they are playing in should want to try to win regardless if they have anything to play for or not, it bodes well for them. Also the higher up the league you finish, the better the money is and for how shit it sounds I would like to see West Ham finish as high as possible, even if it's just by a couple of places (if that is possible of course, as I haven't looked at the table properly).

So with that in mind I don't think we will lose our last two games, I'm not sure about winning in both or either but certainly not losing, just because of momentum and no real pressure and believe it or not we have some ability! But if we do lose one of the games or both, then oh well, it was just an prediction afterall. There, I think that's covered.
I would love you to be right,I really hope you are too.

hamstew

Post by hamstew »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:45 am

I get when people say that teams who are safe in the league or can't get into Europe or challenge for the title etc.. have nothing to play for but so many times in the past where I've seen these so called teams who have nothing to play for and for whichever reason, are able to play good football without any pressure and beat the team who had something to play for because of pressure or even momentum and ability ie.. the other team are better even though they had nothing to play for. That's the thing though isn't it, every professional club and every professional player in whichever league they are playing in should want to try to win regardless if they have anything to play for or not, it bodes well for them. Also the higher up the league you finish, the better the money is and for how shit it sounds I would like to see West Ham finish as high as possible, even if it's just by a couple of places (if that is possible of course, as I haven't looked at the table properly).

I would love you to be right,I really hope you are too.
Well, let's hope so. All I can say is thank God we (more than likely) had done the important bit!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

What’s all this lose to fucking Villa bollocks they are fucking shit we will pummel em Sunday and hopefully relegate the fucking Brummie cunts.

hamstew

Post by hamstew »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:22 pm What’s all this lose to fucking Villa bollocks they are fucking shit we will pummel em Sunday and hopefully relegate the fucking Brummie cunts.
That's the outcome I'll be hoping for.

hamstew

Post by hamstew »

I get when people say that teams who are safe in the league or can't get into Europe or challenge for the title etc.. have nothing to play for but so many times in the past where I've seen these so called teams who have nothing to play for and for whichever reason, are able to play good football and beat the team who had something to play for because of no pressure or even momentum and ability ie.. the other team are better even though they had nothing to play for. That's the thing though isn't it, every professional club and every professional player in whichever league they are playing in should want to try to win regardless if they have anything to play for or not, it bodes well for them. Also the higher up the league you finish, the better the money is and for how shit it sounds I would like to see West Ham finish as high as possible, even if it's just by a couple of places (if that is possible of course, as I haven't looked at the table properly).

So I am half right for the moment!