West Ham vs Watford Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Watford Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:59 am We've proved our results are as unpredictable as the weather is for Michael Fish.

I'm probably completely wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if we go into the villa game needing only a draw. Moyes forte of respecting the point and consequently we'll go 2-1 down at some point in that game.
If we go into the Villa game needing a point for survival and set up to respect the point at all costs it would represent some sort of poetic justice if Villa were to do what Spurs did against Ajax last season and score the winner with the last kick of the match.

Ironically our best chance of seeing some sort of football match break out against Villa is if they need to win, irrespective of whether we're safe or not. I haven't seen Villa too often this season but they are about as charismatic as watching grass grow.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:43 am
JayK wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:59 am We've proved our results are as unpredictable as the weather is for Michael Fish.

I'm probably completely wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if we go into the villa game needing only a draw. Moyes forte of respecting the point and consequently we'll go 2-1 down at some point in that game.
If we go into the Villa game needing a point for survival and set up to respect the point at all costs it would represent some sort of poetic justice if Villa were to do what Spurs did against Ajax last season and score the winner with the last kick of the match.

Ironically our best chance of seeing some sort of football match break out against Villa is if they need to win, irrespective of whether we're safe or not. I haven't seen Villa too often this season but they are about as charismatic as watching grass grow.
Regardless of where Palace somehow find themselves in the league table, they were on the beach and made Villa look better than they are. Much better.

Villa find it hard to score against anyone that puts in even the slightest effort and defend worse than we do. We should outscore them even if we don’t keep a clean sheet

We should have beaten them late on in the 0-0 at their place earlier in the season when we had ten men

Grealish being valued at £70m because he holds on to the ball until he feels someone’s breath on his back and then chucks himself on the floor is Fantasy Island stuff

He’s actually pretty wank

JayK

Post by JayK »

You know Moyes would set us up for the point. I don't think I'd enjoy watching that game unless I can move the TV to the inside of the toilet door
COYI!!!

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

JayK wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:04 pm

You know Moyes would set us up for the point. I don't think I'd enjoy watching that game unless I can move the TV to the inside of the toilet door
an inside toilet! you southerners are proper soft...

a very nervy score draw friday, traditional thumping at Utd and depending on what villa/bmouth do..a shitting your pants sunday afternoon in july beckons.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

punkrockhammer wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:57 pm

Regardless of where Palace somehow find themselves in the league table, they were on the beach and made Villa look better than they are. Much better.

Villa find it hard to score against anyone that puts in even the slightest effort and defend worse than we do. We should outscore them even if we don’t keep a clean sheet

We should have beaten them late on in the 0-0 at their place earlier in the season when we had ten men

Grealish being valued at £70m because he holds on to the ball until he feels someone’s breath on his back and then chucks himself on the floor is Fantasy Island stuff

He’s actually pretty wank
From what I've seen of Grealish his valuation, if it's as much as you say, is only that high because he is English/British. Transfer fees for home grown players are absurdly high given the fact that quotas have to be observed. So even home grown players of moderate talent are priced the same as world class superstars.

How else did Harry Maguire command a fee of £80 million ? Certainly not on the basis of his ability.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:24 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:22 pm

Cheers mate, hope West Ham will keep their feet on the ground and Watford NOT to do like Burnley did to us.
Puck me, if the whole team kept their feet on the ground there better not be any high balls.
Unless hoofball time :lol: :lol:
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

How the results have gone yesterday and Wednesday, I’ve a niggling feeling this one may be a dour stalemate.
Both teams will be relatively happy with a draw.
Both will be terrified of losing.

Watford even more so because of who they have to play in their last 2 games.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

brookingslovechild wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:46 pm
JayK wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:04 pm

an inside toilet! you southerners are proper soft...

a very nervy score draw friday, traditional thumping at Utd and depending on what villa/bmouth do..a shitting your pants sunday afternoon in july beckons.
Bournemouth are the ones that worry me more than Villa.
They’ve shown some real fight of late and have 2 winnable games in their last 2...... although I don’t think they’ll win them both.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

garnett

Post by garnett »

Are you listening Dave ?

Time to take control of our own destiny, a positive attacking team from the off and put this poor team to bed by half time. whufc_crest

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

ToneLoc wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:52 am How the results have gone yesterday and Wednesday, I’ve a niggling feeling this one may be a dour stalemate.
Both teams will be relatively happy with a draw.
Both will be terrified of losing.

Watford even more so because of who they have to play in their last 2 games.
I think that is very risky.I think BOTH teams are capable of winning their games.If we drew tonight and Villa beat Arsenal,then a win against us keeps them up.

Watford have City next.

Saying that,I think both probably will.I will be disappointed,because I think we have been playing reasonably well the last few games.where Watford have muddled through.

We are 8/1 to go down now..A draw tonight would be a very negative result in my book.Lose at United and a Villa win at home to Arsenal means it`s Russian Roulette on the the day.Do we really want that?