Aftermath

Chat about anything football related here!
alfie

Aftermath

Post by alfie »

Well,I didn't expect to win tonight .. Your boys missed a few chances ,but all in all you were pretty bad , no other words for it. Yes we were as bad,but that's what we have to do to survive and the way Dyche sets us up. Our defence are the backbone of our team and does take some breaking Down.

I noticed a few comments on the thread about hating Burnley .lol .(a lot of other teams fans refer to us as the Millwall from the North)and I can understand that and don't have a problem with it because it means that we must be winning.TBF I think it's a miracle for a small club like us to be up there with the big boys in the best league in the world. Dyche is a messiah with Burnley fans for doing the impossible with a team that probably cost as much as one of your top players. I don't know how long it will last but it's a great ride for our fans against all those billionaire teams .. That's 11/12 undefeated now and a chance of Europa league football ( which I don't want) .

Just one other thing to say,Tarko was lucky to get away with that challenge and not receive a red card,but I genuinely think he mistimed his tackle,he isn't a dirty player and he held his hand up straight away..

Hoping you can pick yourselves up after this defeat and stay up,so good luck for the rest of the season ..Alfie

Castiron

Re: Aftermath

Post by Castiron »

alfie wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:40 pm Well,I didn't expect to win tonight .. Your boys missed a few chances ,but all in all you were pretty bad , no other words for it. Yes we were as bad,but that's what we have to do to survive and the way Dyche sets us up. Our defence are the backbone of our team and does take some breaking Down.

I noticed a few comments on the thread about hating Burnley .lol .(a lot of other teams fans refer to us as the Millwall from the North)and I can understand that and don't have a problem with it because it means that we must be winning.TBF I think it's a miracle for a small club like us to be up there with the big boys in the best league in the world. Dyche is a messiah with Burnley fans for doing the impossible with a team that probably cost as much as one of your top players. I don't know how long it will last but it's a great ride for our fans against all those billionaire teams .. That's 11/12 undefeated now and a chance of Europa league football ( which I don't want) .

Just one other thing to say,Tarko was lucky to get away with that challenge and not receive a red card,but I genuinely think he mistimed his tackle,he isn't a dirty player and he held his hand up straight away..

Hoping you can pick yourselves up after this defeat and stay up,so good luck for the rest of the season ..Alfie
Fair play Alf, you play to your strengths, I don't like to watch it, but if it makes you happy then good luck to you it's not football in my eyes, but this is where we have fallen season after season. We turn up against Chelsea, play some really decent football, and then get muscled out against you.
It's the West Ham way.
I don't really hate Burnley :lol:

Whiskyman

Re: Aftermath

Post by Whiskyman »

alfie wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:40 pm Well,I didn't expect to win tonight .. Your boys missed a few chances ,but all in all you were pretty bad , no other words for it. Yes we were as bad,but that's what we have to do to survive and the way Dyche sets us up. Our defence are the backbone of our team and does take some breaking Down.

Burnley may have been bad, but at least they were organised. Their players knew what they were supposed to be doing.

And I see you're another one who's fallen for the "best league in the world spiel". Don't buy that myself tbh. With the utmost respect to Burnley the fact they are where they are in the league, and the table doesn't lie, playing as they do I think adds a bit of weight to my argument.

I don't hate Burnley btw, although I wouldn't rush to watch them if I'm honest. That said would I watch West Ham's games if I wasn't a supporter.? Nope.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?