West Ham v Burnley Reserves

Chat about anything football related here!

Re: West Ham v Burnley Reserves

Post by 9898 »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:40 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:23 pm

Do I think it was a red card ? Still no.
Do I think it could/should have been reviewed. Of course, otherwise why is VAR there in the first place.
Come on Whiskyman,what is happening to you in your old age mate ;)

He never even went for the ball,he went for the man with a very dangerous high challenge..RED all day long.
It was borderline red, probably just a red, but Bowen made a meal of it. That may have worked against Bowen.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:59 pm
alfie wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:08 pm Burnley are the sort of robotic side that churn out bore-fests irrespective of having anything to play for. I read a report of their 1-0 win at Palace. It's like a carbon copy of last night.

With the utmost respect to our occasional Burnley poster, I feel sorry for you. If that's football, I'm a banana. I know for them the idea of staying in the PL with all it's riches is the only thing that matters. And I concede that the crap we play is hardly to the beat of the samba.

But Dyche and his ilk (including Moyes) are an anathema to my soul.

Thanks for the respect :lol:

In our defence we do play some good football on occasions .We don't always hoof it up field and defend .. :D

I've been watching Burnley for 65 years now and have seen us with some great sides in the 60's to some awful sides ,like the time we nearly went out of existence in the eighties but for our win against Orient in div 4 we would now be in the northern conference probably.. :?

As you know you support your team whatever happens through thick and thin,our football isn't the best and not pretty to watch,but when it's bringing in 124 million plus a year to a small club like Burnley who gives a fuck How we play if it means we are surviving in the best league in the world.One thing we do do well is play as a team and give 200% effort for 90 mins,something that your boys don't do from the games I've seen you in..

You need to get rid of Moyes and acquire a coupl of decent full backs next season ,they were piss poor last night. Anyway thanks for the six points this season on our quest for European football . :D ..Stay safe and I'm sure you will be playing us again next season.. 8-)
Points wise and position wise, you beating us wont make a great deal of difference to our season...we'll stay up...
but if the 3 pts we kindly gave you guys last night helps keeps Spurs and Arsenal from a Euro Spot.

Then you are more than welcome.. :lol: .you guys are doing great...Said before,Work rate,Graft,Team Spirit ...can beat all the
skill in the world at times...

When you have both...then you've got a team that maybe can win things...
Your last 2 paragraphs are spot on.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:33 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:06 pm

Granted we had some good players in that season but imo we weren't a particularly good team. If memory serves that season we'd have finished higher than the 5th we somehow achieved if we had been.

Didn't we manage to turn a comfortable 3-0 lead into a 3-4 against Wimbledon, lose successive home games 0-4 to Sheffied Wed and Arsenal, get thumped at fucking Charlton and take a 6-0 spanking at Goodison Park? Good teams sometimes get bum results like that but that side made a habit of it. And I haven't mentioned the two stuffings we took against Leeds because the game at Upton Park will always be remembered for the 3 red cards rather than the result.

But I will grant you we did have some good players. Unfortunately most of them went on to become very good players after they left. And with the players we had in that squad with better organisation and discipline it could, and should, have been some team.
All I am saying is,he was the star of the team,but no way did Di Canio carry us,like Palace rely on Zaha..
And all I’m saying Tel is that with better management that squad could have achieved a lot more than an Inter Toto cup win.

Sums up the who cares mentality at the place imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:42 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:40 pm

Come on Whiskyman,what is happening to you in your old age mate ;)

He never even went for the ball,he went for the man with a very dangerous high challenge..RED all day long.
It was borderline red, probably just a red, but Bowen made a meal of it. That may have worked against Bowen.
Bowen,made a meal of it?I suggest you take another look at the challenge?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:44 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:33 pm

All I am saying is,he was the star of the team,but no way did Di Canio carry us,like Palace rely on Zaha..
And all I’m saying Tel is that with better management that squad could have achieved a lot more than an Inter Toto cup win.

Sums up the who cares mentality at the place imo.
I don`t disagree.

With the right Manager and backing,dare I say it,we could have won the League.Half that team went on to win the League,with other teams after all.

Post by 9898 »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:48 pm
9898 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:42 pm

But he got up and finished the game.....after rolling about for 10 minutes.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:52 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:48 pm

I would love to see if you would have got up?How can you defend that and criticize your own player,for play acting?

GET OUT OF HERE. .CLEAR OFF!

Post by 9898 »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:56 pm
9898 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:52 pm

I would love to see if you would have got up?How can you defend that and criticize your own player,for play acting?

Where did that come from?

I dont like play acting from anybplater, West Ham or any other team.

Are you saying it is ok for West Ham players to roll about feigning injury? I didn't think you was that way inclined.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:01 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:56 pm

Where did that come from?

I dont like play acting from anybplater, West Ham or any other team.

Are you saying it is ok for West Ham players to roll about feigning injury? I didn't think you was that way inclined.
Let`s get this straight.

The vast majority of pundits have said he should have been sent off,but you reckon he was play acting. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do make me chuckle.

alfie

Post by alfie »

Having watched the slow mo of the challenge,I have to say he should have been sent off ..Not like Tarky to be like that as he held his hand up straight away after the challenge.