West Ham v Burnley Reserves

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: West Ham v Burnley Reserves

Post by ToneLoc »

Would love to see us really go for this one but Moyes won’t.
Just not in his DNA.
Defence really need to shape up and Fab hasn’t looked as confident between the sticks of late.

A draw would be a decent result but, with the right approach and attitude I don’t think a nicking a narrow win is beyond us.
We’d have to score the winner in the 94th minute though.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

ToneLoc wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:31 pm Would love to see us really go for this one but Moyes won’t.
Just not in his DNA.
Defence really need to shape up and Fab hasn’t looked as confident between the sticks of late.

A draw would be a decent result but, with the right approach and attitude I don’t think a nicking a narrow win is beyond us.
We might benefit from the fact Burnley haven't really got anything to play for and would probably rather be at home with their families. Safe from relegation but too far behind the pack to have a realistic chance of Europe.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:48 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:31 pm Would love to see us really go for this one but Moyes won’t.
Just not in his DNA.

We might benefit from the fact Burnley haven't really got anything to play for and would probably rather be at home with their families. Safe from relegation but too far behind the pack to have a realistic chance of Europe.
I also think Burnley don't want to be in Europe anyway. The Europa League doesn't pay much unless you win it and their very small squad would struggle. The one year they were in it, was their worst recent year in the Prem, so Dyche being a pragmatist will be happy with a draw against us I reckon and not that bothered if they lose.

Towie

Post by Towie »

At least I won’t need my neck brace watching it on the box.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

dorsetdano wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:07 pm

I also think Burnley don't want to be in Europe anyway. The Europa League doesn't pay much unless you win it and their very small squad would struggle. The one year they were in it, was their worst recent year in the Prem, so Dyche being a pragmatist will be happy with a draw against us I reckon and not that bothered if they lose.
I would imagine it's much more difficult to motivate yourself to really "go for it" if there's nothing at stake for you or your team. And the fact there are no crowds at the moment probably adds to the general feeling of "let's get this over and done with".

That said we are West Ham so anything's possible. But I think we might just squeak this one.

palerider

Post by palerider »

I don't know who in the Burnley camp is injured.

But the only player they have with any flair, with respect, is Dwight McNeill who's a fine player. If he's out it will be a big bonus.

Dyche's mindset will not change however. It will be defend in numbers and try to get something with the hoof, hold it up then see what happens, something we're not very good at defending.

So I'd still take a point.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Just not in his DNA.

Still a bit early as the average time added since the re-start is 5 minutes.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:45 am I don't know who in the Burnley camp is injured.

But the only player they have with any flair, with respect, is Dwight McNeill who's a fine player. If he's out it will be a big bonus.

Dyche's mindset will not change however. It will be defend in numbers and try to get something with the hoof, hold it up then see what happens, something we're not very good at defending.

So I'd still take a point.
We aren't particularly good at breaking down a bus parked defence either are we? I read somewhere that Ben Mee is out.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Ibbys not gonna be happy..... :lol:

Anyway we'll win...we've scored more goals them them this year......

Read somewhere that a Euro Quali could come down to 7/8th this year....maybe dependant on the Man City thing....
if you don't try or want to get in Europe...whats the point of playing....so think they will still be very much ..up for it..
would love to see them nick a spot over the Spuds or Arse..

alfie

Post by alfie »

Just not in his DNA.

Exactly my feelings as well.,although we have only lost once in our last 11 games ( 5-0 at Citeh)
I think it's far better for us not to qualify for Europe ,especially with this season ending and the next following more or less straight on..
Could do with Narwich winning at Watford tonight :D