Hammers United: The way forward

Chat about anything football related here!
Byrney83

Hammers United: The way forward

Post by Byrney83 »

Hi all, update on our website, feedback always welcome.

Please keep encouraging people to sign up!

Andy

http://hammersunited.com/hammers-united-going-forward/

Byrney83

Re: Hammers United: The way forward

Post by Byrney83 »

Latest statement now on our website.

If you like what you read please join up.

http://hammersunited.com/its-all-gone- ... ver-there/

MFY66

Post by MFY66 »

It is too late — we already are ‘commercial cannon fodder’.

We were warned about Gold and Sullivan, but we all — myself included — swallowed their lies and Gold’s ‘I love this club’ act. Whilst our club is owned by them, it will only be about money. They don’t care that the traditional fan base is being replaced my tourists and non-West Ham fans. Tuppence is tuppence, as the old saying goes, and as long as it is coming out of someone’s pocket, they don’t care if it’s a proper fan.

I applaud your efforts, but what can we do? We’ve even had fans go as far as borderline riot a couple of seasons ago, and even that didn’t force their hand in the long run.

I’ve resigned completely to just hoping we get a new owner.

palerider

Post by palerider »

MFY66 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:03 pm It is too late — we already are ‘commercial cannon fodder’.

We were warned about Gold and Sullivan, but we all — myself included — swallowed their lies and Gold’s ‘I love this club’ act. Whilst our club is owned by them, it will only be about money. They don’t care that the traditional fan base is being replaced my tourists and non-West Ham fans. Tuppence is tuppence, as the old saying goes, and as long as it is coming out of someone’s pocket, they don’t care if it’s a proper fan.

I applaud your efforts, but what can we do? We’ve even had fans go as far as borderline riot a couple of seasons ago, and even that didn’t force their hand in the long run.

I agree.

And I said as much in a post about the Brum fans warning us.

If things just continue as per the status quo, nothing will change. The financial implications of reduced income from Covid together relegation just might.

h69

Post by h69 »

Byrney83 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:52 pm Latest statement now on our website.

I saw the following in that article.

So, we find ourselves as a supporter’s group in protest. One could of course hope that having had this time to reflect, those who are responsible for the current plight the club is in and ultimately whose decisions have driven it’s fanbase into this position of protest, would reach out in an effort to heal the rift.

Hold on, am I right in thinking that the Hammers United chaps were offered a seat at the table but refused to attend a meeting because another supporters group were there who they don't like ? Seems like you had a chance to meet and blew it so what are you expecting now ? Or have I got that wrong ?

Also, isn't our 'plight' down to the managers recruited. Granted the owners recruited them but there seemed to be no protests when the same manager got us to 10th in the table last season spending about 100m in the process. Didn't the great John Lyall take us down a division ?

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Byrney83 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:33 pm Hi all, update on our website, feedback always welcome.

Please keep encouraging people to sign up!

Andy

http://hammersunited.com/hammers-united-going-forward/
Good write up that.
I’d done a wee bit of forwarding......
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Byrney83

Post by Byrney83 »

MFY66 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:03 pm It is too late — we already are ‘commercial cannon fodder’.

All we can do is do what we can.

Completely understand how you feel and it’s a sorry state of affairs. I guess part of what motivates me is knowing the satisfaction GSB will take from the apathy they can create.

We will continue to fight as long as the flame of the West Ham family flickers.

Byrney83

Post by Byrney83 »

h69 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:57 pm

I saw the following in that article.

So, we find ourselves as a supporter’s group in protest. One could of course hope that having had this time to reflect, those who are responsible for the current plight the club is in and ultimately whose decisions have driven it’s fanbase into this position of protest, would reach out in an effort to heal the rift.

Hold on, am I right in thinking that the Hammers United chaps were offered a seat at the table but refused to attend a meeting because another supporters group were there who they don't like ? Seems like you had a chance to meet and blew it so what are you expecting now ? Or have I got that wrong ?

Also, isn't our 'plight' down to the managers recruited. Granted the owners recruited them but there seemed to be no protests when the same manager got us to 10th in the table last season spending about 100m in the process. Didn't the great John Lyall take us down a division ?
Hammers United began life with a simple request of the board. For the board to meet us; for open and transparent dialogue outside the construct of the OSB with an FSA representative present.

The request was never granted. Our members waited for close to a year and we rallied relentlessly. Eventually our position changed.

Once we moved to protest we were contacted several times but the club refused to accept the OSB wasn’t fit for purpose, until they eventually decided to dissolve it by means of a last minute cancellation of its final planned meeting.

The OSB were not an independent supporters group and should not, as such, represent West Ham supporters.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

There’s one sentence in all that lot that shows how naive some people can be I’m afraid. It’s the bit that says something like I don’t know of any other company where the CEO would keep his job ———.

Well,I do. It’s any company where the CEO has more than 50% of the voting rights. fFS guys, if you want to be taken seriously please stop making comments like that.

Nobody wants to see the dwarf depart more than me but, ffs, some credibility please.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Byrney83

Post by Byrney83 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:15 pm

There’s one sentence in all that lot that shows how naive some people can be I’m afraid. It’s the bit that says something like I don’t know of any other company where the CEO would keep his job ———.

Well,I do. It’s any company where the CEO has more than 50% of the voting rights. fFS guys, if you want to be taken seriously please stop making comments like that.

Nobody wants to see the dwarf depart more than me but, ffs, some credibility please.
The sentence was intended to make a comparison to any other company with a structure similar to ours: where a CEO is an employee. Granted this does not apply to every single company in the world as it is possible for a CEO to have a controlling stake.

I don’t think this calls into question the credibility HU have worked very hard to gain and continue to work hard to maintain.

I am happy to edit the sentence on our website to explicitly state that it refers to companies where CEO’s are employees. Hopefully that will restore our credibility!!