Newcastle vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Newcastle vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Following our good fightback against Chelsea and against VAR decision, hope this will kick-start our re-run and Newcastle got a fairly few injuries but we needed more points as quickly as possible to be safe before the Villa game unless if Villa already relegated before the last game. Away to Newcastle is NO EASY task as Newcastle are one of the form team so it will be tough out there but we need to give a good go and hope VAR will not spoilt us.

I fully expected the squad to be the same as the one against Chelsea but I would rather have Yarmolenko as a starter than Lanzini. Rice and Soucek doing well in DM so should keep as it is as Noble will be a sub player once he is back from small injury.

Fabianski

Fredericks
Diop
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Soucek
Rice

Bowen
Lanzini/Yarmolenko
Fornals

Antonio

I feel a draw would be enough but hey-ho, let get another 3!!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

JayK

Re: Newcastle vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

We've strung 2 wins together in a row only twice this season. August when we had a good start (after the city game of course) and January when one of those teams was Gillingham.
After a hard fought win against Chelsea and against a much in form team coming up, I honestly can't see another win here.
COYI!!!

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

JayK wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:10 am We've strung 2 wins together in a row only twice this season. August when we had a good start (after the city game of course) and January when one of those teams was Gillingham.
After a hard fought win against Chelsea and against a much in form team coming up, I honestly can't see another win here.
Would you take a point in each of our last six games?

garnett

Post by garnett »

Newcastle are a poor side, but I think he will revert to type and try to snatch a point on the counter attack.

palerider

Post by palerider »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:07 am
JayK wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:10 am We've strung 2 wins together in a row only twice this season. August when we had a good start (after the city game of course) and January when one of those teams was Gillingham.
On the back of our unlikely win against the Plastics, Naaaaaarch would now have to gain 10 more points than us in 6 matches to overtake us given their goal difference. Not happening, even though one is against us.

Villa have very difficult matches left. On paper, the easiest is at the Iconic London Stadium last up. Bournemouth have a slightly easier run-in but are in freefall.

So yes, 6 more points would be more than enough and enable Statler and Waldorf the chance to reward the Messiah with a ten year contract extension.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:42 am

On the back of our unlikely win against the Plastics, Naaaaaarch would now have to gain 10 more points than us in 6 matches to overtake us given their goal difference. Not happening, even though one is against us.

Villa have very difficult matches left. On paper, the easiest is at the Iconic London Stadium last up. Bournemouth have a slightly easier run-in but are in freefall.

So yes, 6 more points would be more than enough and enable Statler and Waldorf the chance to reward the Messiah with a ten year contract extension.
Compared with Bournemouth's remaining games Villa's are an absolute picnic mate. Bournemouth have Man United (A), Spurs and Leicester (H), Man City (A), Saints (H) and Everton (A). Three of those sides still need to ensure European qualifications, which at this stage of the season is important. I think Bournemouth and Norwich are done for which leaves one from three and a half. Brighton are the half but if the slip up at Norwich in their next game their next two are Liverpool and City. So they could be back in the shit. The two points we gave away in our game with them could still come back and bite us on the arse.

It will be amusing next Thursday when we all become Spurs fans for 90 minutes. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Yeah had us down as 4 pts from those 3 games...in my prediction of 41 at the end...so dropped one,but I'll stick with
the 40/41....had us to draw at Geordies in that as well....gonna be a tight game...we can nick it I reckon...
Gotta keep that Saint bloke quite tho...looks a right handful..Micky out wide this one maybe...counteract him...

Talkin of Handfuls.... :lol: Wonder if AC will make an appearance......

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

"It will be amusing next Thursday when we all become Spurs fans for 90 minutes. :lol: " . According to a lot on here one is already (allegedly) :lol: :lol:

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Shortshanks wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:40 am "It will be amusing next Thursday when we all become Spurs fans for 90 minutes. :lol: " . According to a lot on here one is already (allegedly) :lol: :lol:
Yeah thats the prob when you're always struggling...find ourselves wanting sides we might hate to win...when you're
knocking round top 6 or so you don't give a shit usually, who beats who...

Knocking round top 6........one fuckin day...... :lol:

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Shortshanks wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:40 am "It will be amusing next Thursday when we all become Spurs fans for 90 minutes. :lol: " . According to a lot on here one is already (allegedly) :lol: :lol:
I’d rather be relegated than support those hook nosed Cunts .
Bring back Jonathon !