Only at the PC BBC

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Only at the PC BBC

Post by terrya1965 »

They have asked the public to pick The GREATEST 50 SCOTLAND FOOTBALL PLAYERS.As a football fan growing up,there was some outstanding Scottish Footballers,in comparison to now Eg,.Dalglish,Law,Hanson,Johnstone,Baxter

The public picked their 50,which was half expected,not really any surprises at all.

But,you know the good old PC BBC,they have to put their spin on it,so they put in,TOP PICKS YOU MISSED..Out of the 4 players they put in,2 are women..How am I not surprised?They have also put in a couple of the public's,Scotland's Greatest XI and one of them has a woman in it.

I am not knocking women's Football,but if they want to do that,have a Women's Scotland Top 10/20(I doubt if anyone can name 50 :lol: )

The reporter has also wrote,Scotland have had some OUTSTANDING Goalkeepers..Well,I was born in the mid 1960's and I have yet to see one :lol: Andy Goram is the only one that comes to mind and he was an Englishman. :D Sorry Geo

BillyDWhizz

Re: Only at the PC BBC

Post by BillyDWhizz »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:14 pm They have asked the public to pick The GREATEST 50 SCOTLAND FOOTBALL PLAYERS.As a football fan growing up,there was some outstanding Scottish Footballers,in comparison to now Eg,.Dalglish,Law,Hanson,Johnstone,Baxter

The public picked their 50,which was half expected,not really any surprises at all.

But,you know the good old PC BBC,they have to put their spin on it,so they put in,TOP PICKS YOU MISSED..Out of the 4 players they put in,2 are women..How am I not surprised?They have also put in a couple of the public's,Scotland's Greatest XI and one of them has a woman in it.

I am not knocking women's Football,but if they want to do that,have a Women's Scotland Top 10/20(I doubt if anyone can name 50 :lol: )

The reporter has also wrote,Scotland have had some OUTSTANDING Goalkeepers..Well,I was born in the mid 1960's and I have yet to see one :lol: Andy Goram is the only one that comes to mind and he was an Englishman. :D Sorry Geo
Craig Gordon. If it hadn't have been for a string of bad injuries I reckon he'd have had a much more auspicious Premier League career and may well have been picked up by one of the English top 6.

Oh, and to keep things on topic... Fuck the BBC. :D
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Pish !!

Towie

Post by Towie »

To be fair I’m sure some women could get into the Scottish men’s team. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:38 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:14 pm They have asked the public to pick The GREATEST 50 SCOTLAND FOOTBALL PLAYERS.As a football fan growing up,there was some outstanding Scottish Footballers,in comparison to now Eg,.Dalglish,Law,Hanson,Johnstone,Baxter

Craig Gordon. If it hadn't have been for a string of bad injuries I reckon he'd have had a much more auspicious Premier League career and may well have been picked up by one of the English top 6.

Oh, and to keep things on topic... Fuck the BBC. :D
Using your example of Craig Gordon. If I'd been a bit quicker in my teens, maybe a bit more dedicated, or not had the arse ripped out of me at Highbury by a young Frank Stapleton in the biggest match of my fledgling career, I could have been a future footballer of the year. But I was none of those things, apart from the having a new arse ripped by FS which did happen, so I wasn't.

Seriously I can't remember a Scottish goalkeeper who could even be described as adequate, never mind outstanding. And isn't it typical of West Ham that apparently we turned down the opportunity of signing Gordon Banks many years ago because we'd promised we were going to sign Bobby Ferguson. Seems dodgy decision making isn't a new concept after all. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Towie wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:18 pm To be fair I’m sure some women could get into the Scottish men’s team. :lol: :lol: :lol:
To be perfectly fucking honest, they would and could walk into our team...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

JayK

Post by JayK »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:02 am
Towie wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:18 pm To be fair I’m sure some women could get into the Scottish men’s team. :lol: :lol: :lol:
To be perfectly fucking honest, they would and could walk into our team...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Was gonna say that myself 😂
COYI!!!

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Saw this one this morning.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53184615

palerider

Post by palerider »

Well I hope the Snodster is on it.

As for the women, it's often difficult to distinguish north of the wall.

Having been there many times to visit the family I've often encountered men in skirts at Glasgow Airport especially if there's an egg chasing match somewhere. Facial hair is also no clue.

In fact having watched our wee nancy boys against Wolves, a lassie wi' some brawn would have added a bit of spunk to our midfield.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Castiron wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:51 am Saw this one this morning.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53184615
The BBC will help the campaign to get rid of Churchhill getting a million signatures,so this happens..

Can you just imagine?WW 3 :lol: