Champions Place

Chat about anything football related here!
Athers-32

Re: Champions Place

Post by Athers-32 »

Unbelievable, I feel frustrated for you. Thankfully my stone came up alright however for anyone's like this or that's been put in at a different angle and affected by it I'd be furious.
https://www.sbnation.com/users/Tom%20At ... 1497970728" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

marksb wrote:Just read the Terms and Conditions and thought that this might be of interest. I will wait for a response from them before I take it further. I have sent an email to the founders address, if no luck, will send it to alternative address and see what happens. Brady and Gold continuously ignore my tweets, I just hope they get so many they can't read them all!

Description of Products
The Products depicted on our site are as seen. The reproduction of colours and styles are as accurate as photographic and image processing will allow. We do not accept responsibility for slight variances in colour and style. Champions Place as shown in marketing collateral is an artist impression and therefore may look different with exact detail as shown being subject to the gaining of planning permission.

Slight is the operative word here, there is nothing slight in the colours that were advertise and what we actually received.
"Slight" :lol:
I think you have a case sir........
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

whu

Post by whu »

it's a big venture this with many stones done, my guess is claim a part refund if you can and grudgingly move on

not right but those stones ain't coming up, are they ...
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

whu wrote:it's a big venture this with many stones done, my guess is claim a part refund if you can and grudgingly move on

not right but those stones ain't coming up, are they ...
I don't know, stow away with a hammer and chisel and who knows what can be achieved in the still of night. . :-)
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

marksb

Post by marksb »

I today received a call from the stone makers and he tells me that the stone is BLACK, well if that's black, I am made of gold.

He stated that since I last saw the stone they have been treated a couple of times and are much easier to read.

Tomorrow I will visit the stones after the match and see if they have changed. If there are others who are unhappy with your stones, let me know and I will mention you too them.

JustLikeMyDreams

Post by JustLikeMyDreams »

marksb wrote:I today received a call from the stone makers and he tells me that the stone is BLACK, well if that's black, I am made of gold.

He stated that since I last saw the stone they have been treated a couple of times and are much easier to read.

Tomorrow I will visit the stones after the match and see if they have changed. If there are others who are unhappy with your stones, let me know and I will mention you too them.
Good luck Mark,but they are taking the piss with there first effort that you posted on here.Hopefully they have rectified them to a readable standard.See you tomorrow.

LOS

Post by LOS »

I bought a stone in memory of my dad who passed away very suddenly last year. I bought the replica too for my mums mantle piece. But do you know what ? I am so fecked off with everything about the move and that poxy stadium that I haven't even got the emotional energy to be annoyed with the low quality bit of tat they've laid in my dads name.

My old man was a long standing home and away attendee, and well up for the move. Bought into the blurb from the club about needing a bigger ground, next level etc. We were gutted for him that he would never see it come to fruition, and for a little bit of family closure decided that one of these stones would be the next best thing to him not being able to see it in the flesh. And well, to be entirely honest - its utter crap, and would be lucky to see out a full season as its wearing thin already. It bears very little resemblance to what was promised.

"Be in no doubt we are part of the most successful stadium migration ever" :evil:

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

I'm still waiting for 2 stones..... "phase 2"
Haven't heard anything yet though.
The current ones are nothing short of disgraceful.

The club, if they want to move to the next level needs to cut short some of its spiv practices
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

marksb wrote:Did anyone order a Stone? Are you happy with it?

We were sold based on the certificate and received the Grey Stone, doesn't look like what we were sold!!

Very angry at this as and sent in this email:

I purchased a Champions Place Stone and Replica in April 2015, over a full year ahead of time.

We were sold on the basis that the Stones would be as per the Certificate, unfortunately what we have received bears no resemblance to the certificate. Are West Ham United with their partners going to rectify this huge problem; you can’t make out the writing. Please advise!!
Haven't read all the replies so this may have been said. You're entitlrd to a refund if what you have been supplied is not as advertised. Obviously the normal process is to take the defective product back but you can't do that.

Write to the club sending them copies of any original advertising and say that the product is not as promised/advertised and you require a full refund. A tip. Don't REQUEST a refund, DEMAND it. As you purchased the goods in April 2015 you are covered by The Sale of Goods Act. Anytrhing purchased after October 2015 is covered by the Consumer Rights Act. You are entitled to have the product replaced (probably impractical in this case) or repaired. Or, of course, a refund.

Another tip. When you write, or e mail (best option in the first instance imo as it's quicker) give them a reasonable time frame (10 working days?) to comply with your instructions or you will contact the appropriate trading standards office.

I didn't buy one but your situation isn't the first one I've read about so I would imagine they will already have received a number of similar complaints. Good luck.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?