Club re-branding.

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Club re-branding.

Post by palerider »

Firstly, let me say I'm ashamed.

Of being white and privileged. And for enjoying Darkest Hour a month or so ago on VE Day as Churchill was a confirmed racist. I feel better now.

For us to move forward in these enlightened times, we have to re-brand.

Naturally, claret and blue has to go in favour of black with a rainbow badge. But not hammers. Hammers are racist as they represent industry. And the Industrial Revolution was paid for by slavery. The name too. West Ham. West denotes the route the slaves took from Africa and Ham is an affront to our Muslim friends. I think United is fine but I'll have to speak to the committee first.

So black, possibly with a picture of George Floyd on the rainbow badge. And now called Stratford Against Capitalism United. And a new manager. That nice Mr Campbell who did such sterling work at Southend would be good.

Brothers and Sisters. I hope you're with me on this journey. We can sing bubbles together. I was thinking that too was racist as it was the name of Michael Jackson's chimp. A black man who whited himself up with a monkey looks decidedly offensive but the committee said it was ok as Whisky likes it.

All together now.

BlackDiamond

Re: Club re-branding.

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:35 am Firstly, let me say I'm ashamed.

Of being white and privileged. And for enjoying Darkest Hour a month or so ago on VE Day as Churchill was a confirmed racist. I feel better now.

Naturally, claret and blue has to go in favour of black with a rainbow badge. But not hammers. Hammers are racist as they represent industry. And the Industrial Revolution was paid for by slavery. The name too. West Ham. West denotes the route the slaves took from Africa and Ham is an affront to our Muslim friends. I think United is fine but I'll have to speak to the committee first.

So black, possibly with a picture of George Floyd on the rainbow badge. And now called Stratford Against Capitalism United. And a new manager. That nice Mr Campbell who did such sterling work at Southend would be good.

Brothers and Sisters. I hope you're with me on this journey. We can sing bubbles together. I was thinking that too was racist as it was the name of Michael Jackson's chimp. A black man who whited himself up with a monkey looks decidedly offensive but the committee said it was ok as Whisky likes it.

All together now.
David Moyes while Sunderland manager threatened to give a female reporter a slap, as he was not impressed with her line of questioning.

It's that type of no nonsense communication with the media and his "winning is what I do" mentality, that might make his services difficult to dispense with.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

All together now.
Well said my good man.
And may I add, that I personally think the club should be disbanded altogether for it's use of the word irons, which to me implies that we are in favour of the shackles once used to transport slaves from one place to another. I find the whole thing rather distasteful.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:46 pm

All together now.
Well said my good man.
And may I add, that I personally think the club should be disbanded altogether for it's use of the word irons, which to me implies that we are in favour of the shackles once used to transport slaves from one place to another. I find the whole thing rather distasteful.
Dear God, you're correct. I can't say right because that would imply that you're a knuckle-dragging Nazi, which of course you're not.

How can the committee have missed that one ? It's so obvious.

There must be a statue we can pull down and throw in the river somewhere as penance.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

palerider wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:49 pm

Well said my good man.
Dear God, you're correct. I can't say right because that would imply that you're a knuckle-dragging Nazi, which of course you're not.

How can the committee have missed that one ? It's so obvious.

There must be a statue we can pull down and throw in the river somewhere as penance.

Gonna need a lot of fuckin rope...and it's about a quarter mile drag down Northumberland Ave....but sure we could
manage it.....
And it is on Their list to come down ....so we'd be chipping in...... :lol:

https://cdn.theculturetrip.com/wp-conte ... column.jpg

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

All together now.
Well said my good man.
Some years ago, when Richard Littlejohn hosted a show on the radio, LBC I think, one of his phone ins was about football and he referred to West Ham as "The Irons". There were apparently a number of complaints from listeners who felt the use of "Irons" was inappropriate because it is considered to be a slang term for people sexually attracted to those of the same sex.

I was going to say faggots, but I reconsidered. But then I changed my mind.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:23 pm

Well said my good man.
Some years ago, when Richard Littlejohn hosted a show on the radio, LBC I think, one of his phone ins was about football and he referred to West Ham as "The Irons". There were apparently a number of complaints from listeners who felt the use of "Irons" was inappropriate because it is considered to be a slang term for people sexually attracted to those of the same sex.

I was going to say faggots, but I reconsidered. But then I changed my mind.
Difficult to keep up, but the new description among hip Influencers is "gender queer"