Declan heading west ?

Chat about anything football related here!
only1salty

Re: Declan heading west ?

Post by only1salty »

JayK wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:31 am I don't think this is exclusive. We knew last year of the links of Rice to Chelsea (also where his best mate plays).

Also, 70million? They always say they want more than what they actually get. We get ripped off when buying and we get ripped off when selling. He'll go for 35-40 and we'll buy 12 new players coz that's what we do. But then we'll sell 12 more and that's an extra 35-40 mil in the Dave's pockets. Now there's your exclusive. The 12 sold and bought will be if/when we're relegated.
Thats the issue - always has been.

Sell Rice. Take the money. Spend on 3 decent replacements of £20-30m each that have the potential to be moved on in a few years for profit. Repeat. Grow

OR

Hold on to player for too long (Payet, Arnie, etc). Allow discontent to build in player and squad. Value drops as demand reduces. Spend money on freebies and injury right offs. Get relegated. Club is mismanaged at the top.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:02 am Morning, we all knew it would happen, it`s all about getting the correct price.
Chelsea, as much as I hate them they are the perfect team for him, Lampard I believe is building a young talented team and himself into a knowledgable ambitious confident manager, Declan can only improve under him as he did by leaving us.

Which only leaves the price, Poo paid about £75m for Van Dijk, now I`m certainly not saying they are in the same class at the mo, but Declan has 7 years on him, Declan isn`t just a center half but a holding midfielder so far more versatile NOW and don`t forget an established England international with leadership potential as we may well find out Wednesday.

So that being said I personally wouldn`t entertain anything less than £75m, obviously, I would love him to stay and build a team around him but that`s just a pipe dream, as an Englishman I wish him well.
Don't think we'll get anything near that valuation tbh. No one really knows the financial impact of the way football is going to be for a while but it does seem fairly certain there will be less money spent on transfers. And the next t v deal negotiations could make people realise the peak has been passed.

Your comparison with van Dijk is a good one but I think a better comparison would be the amount of dosh Man United splashed out on Harry Maguire. But that said relegation could conceivably result in a fire sale and imo if we get anything above £40 million we'll be doing well.

Hope I'm wrong but somehow don't see it.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:53 pm
Flairon wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:20 pm For one I would not like to sell him.

Secondly, why are we nit playing him at the heart of our defence?

It would strengthen the back 4vand open up options in midfield.
Christ , Noble plays every game when Rice plays in midfield. Can you imagine our midfield without Rice ?

Jesus the opposition walk through our midfield at the best of times .... just relying on Noble is plain suicidal .

No , whilst we have Oggy & Diop , Rice HAS to play in midfield just so we can remain remotely competitive.
100%

I feel a bit sorry for Noble. He has been a good servant but would never had made it into any of our good teams even at his peak.

Now he's at the end of his career and we're asking him to do things that he's just not capable of doing.

Rice is our one class player, maybe Man U or Chelsea could afford to leave him out of the midfield but we can't.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Gonzo wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:53 am

Christ , Noble plays every game when Rice plays in midfield. Can you imagine our midfield without Rice ?

Jesus the opposition walk through our midfield at the best of times .... just relying on Noble is plain suicidal .

No , whilst we have Oggy & Diop , Rice HAS to play in midfield just so we can remain remotely competitive.
100%

I feel a bit sorry for Noble. He has been a good servant but would never had made it into any of our good teams even at his peak.

Now he's at the end of his career and we're asking him to do things that he's just not capable of doing.

Rice is our one class player, maybe Man U or Chelsea could afford to leave him out of the midfield but we can't.
Trouble is mein Fuhrer , after they’ve flogged Rice for half of what he’s worth , who are they going to replace him with ?

We’ll need TWO athletic CM’s ...

Even in the Championship.
Bring back Jonathon !

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:37 pm

Secondly, why are we not playing him at the heart of our defence?

It would strengthen the back 4 and open up options in midfield.
Without him in our Midfield,we`d get totally out run tbh..What we could do with 4 Declan Rice's.
You mean like we are at the back!?!

Quite frankly I would play him at centre half and put 5 in midfield.
Flairon

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Secondly, why are we nit playing him at the heart of our defence?

It would strengthen the back 4vand open up options in midfield.

Not sure that I suggested that we just rely on Noble. It is not as if we are setting the world on fire in Midfield at the moment of protecting the back 4 effectively. What I am merely suggesting is that our back 4 would be better with him at the centre of it. I would also play 5 across the middle t the moment because we need to stem the flow of the one way traffic, especially as we appear very ineffective u front.
Flairon

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

FUCK IT! Lets give up, a this rate we are doomed anyway and he will go on the cheap. I am so bloody depressed, it hurts getting up in the morning. I am at the point where I dread Wednesday night rather than look forward to it.

Still the misery caused by our plight takes my mind off of Covid-19 I suppose. Every cloud and all that. :lol: :roll:
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Flairon wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:12 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:37 pm

Without him in our Midfield,we`d get totally out run tbh..What we could do with 4 Declan Rice's.

That's a good idea mate. 5 in the middle, put 5 at the back as well, with 2 up front. Fabianski can keep his place in goal.

Might be good enough to snatch a point up at Newcastle. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:27 pm
Flairon wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:12 pm

That's a good idea mate. 5 in the middle, put 5 at the back as well, with 2 up front. Fabianski can keep his place in goal.

Might be good enough to snatch a point up at Newcastle. ;)
Is that not what that Cunt Moyes does already ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Flairon wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:20 pm FUCK IT! Lets give up, a this rate we are doomed anyway and he will go on the cheap. I am so bloody depressed, it hurts getting up in the morning. I am at the point where I dread Wednesday night rather than look forward to it.

Still the misery caused by our plight takes my mind off of Covid-19 I suppose. Every cloud and all that. :lol: :roll:
Sounds like most of our fucking squad have that same feeling.