The eye of Sauron.....

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: The eye of Sauron.....

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:15 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:56 am

I get what you'\re saying. I think with Sir TB it's pretty basic tbh. He's a very intelligent and articulate man. He can express himself very well without resorting to coin throwing or running onto the pitch waving his arms around and making himself look a total prick. And being the articulate and sensible bloke he is he almost certainly realises that, whatever the quality of management the dwarf and co are providing, there is no alternative until, and if, someone comes along with a pile of readies.

I'm surprised you say there are some every weekers who support the board. As you probably know I no longer go but I do still have a lot of friends among the people I knew when I did and, whilst they are resigned to the fact that you can't "Sack The Board", and that we'll have to wait until the aforementioned pile of cash arrives, possibly via camel when Dribbly pops his clogs, we're stuck with them. But I don't know anyone who actually supports them or approves of their management style.
There's Def Guys and girls that tolerate them mate.....quite a few in the "Don't really care" Camp....

When I go TBH don't really wanna talk about it...if topic comes up,I don't wanna bang on about it...I'm here to watch
the Irons have a few beers and a Crack/Laugh....and I want them gone as much as anyone......FFS I even want an
Austrian soft drinks company...that would stick a Bull on our shirts to take over rather than them.... :lol:

Something will give sooner or later....only us knocking round the top 6 for a couple years will save them....looks
like that aint gonna happen any time soon..... :lol:
But don't you think that a great many people, at least those who have an IQ that runs into 3 figures, simply realise that, until a potential buyer arrives there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about the owners ? I think most people know that, until an Abramovich clone comes along West Ham and the dwarf are inseperable. I don't think it's a question of people not really caring but realising that there isn't anything they can actually do. If it was a badly performing public company the shareholders could, indeed, "sack the board" if they wanted to. But when one single shareholder owns more than half the shares everyone knows that can't happen.

So maybe those people do care but understand there's squat they can do about it. Unless of course they, as I did for example, totally boycott the place. But I get why people don't want to do that, and in any case, with the countless thousands on the ST waiting lists people like me aren't missed one little bit. Although it does give me a warm glow that none of my hard earned is ending up in stumpy's bank account. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:01 am
mkhammer wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:15 am

There's Def Guys and girls that tolerate them mate.....quite a few in the "Don't really care" Camp....

When I go TBH don't really wanna talk about it...if topic comes up,I don't wanna bang on about it...I'm here to watch
the Irons have a few beers and a Crack/Laugh....and I want them gone as much as anyone......FFS I even want an
Austrian soft drinks company...that would stick a Bull on our shirts to take over rather than them.... :lol:

Something will give sooner or later....only us knocking round the top 6 for a couple years will save them....looks
like that aint gonna happen any time soon..... :lol:
But don't you think that a great many people, at least those who have an IQ that runs into 3 figures, simply realise that, until a potential buyer arrives there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about the owners ? I think most people know that, until an Abramovich clone comes along West Ham and the dwarf are inseperable. I don't think it's a question of people not really caring but realising that there isn't anything they can actually do. If it was a badly performing public company the shareholders could, indeed, "sack the board" if they wanted to. But when one single shareholder owns more than half the shares everyone knows that can't happen.

So maybe those people do care but understand there's squat they can do about it. Unless of course they, as I did for example, totally boycott the place. But I get why people don't want to do that, and in any case, with the countless thousands on the ST waiting lists people like me aren't missed one little bit. Although it does give me a warm glow that none of my hard earned is ending up in stumpy's bank account. :lol:
I Think maybe it's a bit like going to work....sounds strange I know....But you can hate/seriously dislike your bosses for what
ever reason...But you have good mates there....and maybe really enjoy the job you do...
So do you really wanna cause shit at your work place...to hurt your Boss...or leave it.....

Personally I'm Torn........I seriously don't like our owners/brady ...and pissed off we seemed to have lost so much...for
Basically not a fuckin lot.....thought I'd settle into it,but haven't...and it aint just the results...been there done that.
Hard to describe but somethings gone...I'll Always Always watch us...when can.....but it aint the same.

Reason can handle it a bit....see lots of Kids going now...more than previously....so the futures with them,we've had our
time...and don't wanna poison it to much by creating a bad vibe/atmosphere around us....is a phrase I use a lot..

Catch 22......Want to hound them out...or at least get them to start putting feelers out...let it be known...not "for show" feelers
with no intentions....proper contacts....there's a difference between what people like that say and what they mean...a big one.
But don't wanna see the Club Struggle and cause us to lose games....and people stop enjoying going....
Situations complex...so many angles.

We're not a great going concern Financially for any one...the club that is....but the Stadium...where it is and surrounding
area/Park...might be........Like to think something will happen on that front...next year or two.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

It saddens me to see us in our current situation, sure I've seen us relegated, seen us raped pilidged by unscrupulous owners, but these two/three cunts have absolutely destroyed a large percentage of people's love for not only West Ham football club but for football in general.
It gauls me to see the likes of Leicester, Wolves, etc making improvements season in, season out, while we just stagnate and slide further down. I can accept it from the likes of the so called top six, that's how it is for most clubs outside the top six, but we should at least the very minimum be a regular top eight team every year. The highlight of our season is whether or not we're staying up ffs! It's an absolute disgrace.
An Olympic stadium, a regular 50k+ attendance and a regular fight for survival, absolutely staggering.
I agree with whiskey, the only thing that softens the blow is the fact that I know they're not taking my money every week.
It'll be a cold day in the Sahara before I part with any more of my money for these bastards.
Fuck em, hope they lose everything.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

All “no shit Sherlock” stuff but still worth a read.....
https://breakingthelines.com/investigat ... am-united/
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

ToneLoc wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:04 pm All “no shit Sherlock” stuff but still worth a read.....
Good article.

Has got it spot on about the owners.

The majority of us have all said,if we had an half decent infrastructure,we would be a Top 8 club every year.That`s what has cost us,bad management at the top of the club.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

ToneLoc wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:04 pm All “no shit Sherlock” stuff but still worth a read.....
Just the same old recycled stuff though isn't it ? Including the bollocks about Forbes saying we're the 17th richest club in the world.

We're not, and Forbes never said we are. They said we have the 17th highest turnover but that means fuck all when there's shedloads of money going out of the door on hospital fodder like Wheelchair and Carroll.

What is needed is some good investigative journalism. Everyone and his dog knew this pair of shysters were, well, shysters, even before they took us over. But if someone could uncover a juicy scandal, preferably linking the dwarf and/or the dribbler with some very underage schoolgirls, or boys for that matter, or alternatively an involvement with an international money laundering operation, that would be well worth reading about. ;)

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:15 pm
Just the same old recycled stuff though isn't it ? Including the bollocks about Forbes saying we're the 17th richest club in the world.

We're not, and Forbes never said we are. They said we have the 17th highest turnover but that means fuck all when there's shedloads of money going out of the door on hospital fodder like Wheelchair and Carroll.

What is needed is some good investigative journalism. Everyone and his dog knew this pair of shysters were, well, shysters, even before they took us over. But if someone could uncover a juicy scandal, preferably linking the dwarf and/or the dribbler with some very underage schoolgirls, or boys for that matter, or alternatively an involvement with an international money laundering operation, that would be well worth reading about. ;)
In your 2nd paragraph,you sum it all up.

They have wasted the money that we have acquired from the revenue made..Many have been past the sell by date..Hart is another example.

Tbf,they have brought in one or two decent players,but most of them seem to have not worked out for some reason or other.I do think that goes back again to not doing your homework on players.Many of us have said,they are gamblers..One or two have done well,but not enough has far as I am concerned.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:25 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:15 pm

They have wasted the money that we have acquired from the revenue made..Many have been past the sell by date..Hart is another example.

Tbf,they have brought in one or two decent players,but most of them seem to have not worked out for some reason or other.I do think that goes back again to not doing your homework on players.Many of us have said,they are gamblers..One or two have done well,but not enough has far as I am concerned.
Buying players who've outlived their shelf life is nothing new to West Ham mate, as you no doubt well know. John Lyall brought in Stewart Robson, amother fine player who Arsenal would never have sold in a million years had he not been damaged goods. Twitchy bought in some gems. diCanio and Trevor Sinclair being two of the best imo, but we also saw the likes of Suker, Dumitrescu,and who can ever forget Neil Ruddock, Titi Camara and Gary Charles FFS. Curbishley's piece de resistance was the never to be forgotten duo of Kieron Dyer and Freddie Ljungberg. And then fast forward to Carroll and Wheelchair. And of course Hart who you mentioned.

It really is laughable. But I doubt if too many people will be laughing tomorrow evening. Chelsea are looking very useful at the moment and if we play our normal game of conceding posession at every opportunity it could get very messy indeed. Good opportunity for Rice to impress one of his potential next employers though.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:46 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:25 pm

Buying players who've outlived their shelf life is nothing new to West Ham mate, as you no doubt well know. John Lyall brought in Stewart Robson, amother fine player who Arsenal would never have sold in a million years had he not been damaged goods. Twitchy bought in some gems. diCanio and Trevor Sinclair being two of the best imo, but we also saw the likes of Suker, Dumitrescu,and who can ever forget Neil Ruddock, Titi Camara and Gary Charles FFS. Curbishley's piece de resistance was the never to be forgotten duo of Kieron Dyer and Freddie Ljungberg. And then fast forward to Carroll and Wheelchair. And of course Hart who you mentioned.

It really is laughable. But I doubt if too many people will be laughing tomorrow evening. Chelsea are looking very useful at the moment and if we play our normal game of conceding posession at every opportunity it could get very messy indeed. Good opportunity for Rice to impress one of his potential next employers though.
I know I've posted several times before on this and it might be wishful thinking but it still gives me a bit of cheer in these dark days of preferring to watch Hungarian Milfs with cucumbers than West Ham.

Coronavirus has proved to be a clever little fucker. It's killed off thousands, but mostly those not long left on this mortal coil. And my heart goes out to the families of those affected. But it's also made the world a far greener place. There are some cults who firmly believe it's an Act of God that saved the planet.

And maybe it's done us a favour too.

I'm convinced we'll be lining up at Ashton Gate next season and not just in any cup competition. And Chelsea will be kind tonight in that before they tear us a new one they'll ask if there's anywhere it won't hurt as much. But the implications of relegation are unclear.

The stunted fucker, should Villa stay up instead of us by a point will no doubt threaten court action over the Blunts' 'ghost goal' He won't spare us that embarrassment. But when the dust settles and with income streams hugely reduced by having to refund money this season and punters leaving in droves because it's a tainted product, I personally think it will be the closest he's ever come to thinking enough is enough. If he thought the hatred after the infamous Burnley game was bad then he should think again.

So if I were a filthy rich oil or tech baron thinking of investing in football I'd be looking at West Ham as it could be available at a knock-down price. Which in itself would be enough to keep the dwarf solvent and the dribbler in adult diapers for the rest of their days. And I don't think relegation would put them off tbh because football as we know it has changed, possibly forever.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

It is Fuckin Strange How it's an ongoing prob with us...since forever...even when nicking the odd cup,we were crap
in the League...
We nearly dropped after winning the World Cup...... :lol:

Same old Same old with us.........Only thing that Links it is.......Never ever having had good owners....ones that either want
progression and us to "Get There".....and or are Financially astute and actually know about the game....

Sullivan once said something along the lines of...he knows "The Game" better than those that have been involved in it
their whole lives.........Kinda Sums Him and some of our previous owners up.....