The eye of Sauron.....

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

The eye of Sauron.....

Post by ToneLoc »

Or in this case, the footballing media appears to be turning it’s eye back towards our hapless owners after a pandemic-driven truce....
https://www.hammers.news/club-news/tenn ... t-ham/amp/

Also this on C&H (followed by a staunch defence from SW worthy of Captain Darling himself).....
https://www.claretandhugh.info/jason-cu ... ham-board/
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Brookbonds73

Re: The eye of Sauron.....

Post by Brookbonds73 »

ToneLoc wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:18 pm Or in this case, the footballing media appears to be turning it’s eye back towards our hapless owners after a pandemic-driven truce....

Also this on C&H (followed by a staunch defence from SW worthy of Captain Darling himself).....
They are to football what Donald trump is to politics.
Self obsessed, narcissistic, vacuous, Money mad, power crazed, pile of steaming shite.
At least with the cearns and brown's of this world, you knew you were getting a size 8 in the tabs. They were quite open about stripping the club bare and robbing you blind.
But these dirty stinking cunts are as sneaky and as underhanded as they come.
I've nothing against them personally, I just hope they end up potless, stinking of piss, rotting away like a bag of gone off carrots somewhere.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Jason Cunty having his say...but he is bang on.
https://talksport.com/football/721676/w ... undy-rant/

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

ToneLoc wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:18 pm Or in this case, the footballing media appears to be turning it’s eye back towards our hapless owners after a pandemic-driven truce....

Bloody ads on there now(C&H) use ad block but still loads getting thru...

Fighting Cock wont let me on less disable....fat fuckin chance.... but did used to make me laugh tho.... :lol:

TBH don't really give a shit bout what anyone outside of The Irons says...it's what us lot...the fans...some ex players says
that matters..
But if it gets a few extra digs in....Crack On......

They must be getting fed up of the constant barrage they get....
Sullivan is pretty...well.. Very Thick Skinned so prob doesn't give a toss...but think Gold Does...

Think Divide and Conquer should be our next Tactic....... :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:25 pm

Fighting Cock wont let me on less disable....fat fuckin chance.... but did used to make me laugh tho.... :lol:

TBH don't really give a shit bout what anyone outside of The Irons says...it's what us lot...the fans...some ex players says
that matters..

Sullivan is pretty...well.. Very Thick Skinned so prob doesn't give a toss...but think Gold Does...

Some ex players ? Presumably you mean the ones whose views are the same as yours ? ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:59 pm

that matters..

Some ex players ? Presumably you mean the ones whose views are the same as yours ? ;)
That discounts Bonds Brooking and every Ex-player that works in hospitality at the bowl that values his job :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

If anyone needs to know what David Sullivan's arse tastes like, I bet old Hugh and Sean are a better bet to ask than Diddy Dave's missus.

The argument that you need to support the ownership because there's no alternative sounds like something Joseph Goebbels would've said.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

that matters..

of course....... :lol:

Nah just think....some Players "Get" the club....like a lot of us fans do,and are fans or have become fans themselves,so I'll Listen
to them....
But there are some....Commentators/Journalists...who obviously love the club,but I'll disagree with....

Theres some hardcore fans that go every game....they're board supporters...or don't really care,aren't bothered one way
or other but you have to listen...cos they're fans...

Some call Sir Trev out because of his job................do they honestly think he doesn't love the club and want the best
for it...
We saw at the Burnley thing...his heart was broken.....he loves the club way more than the odd couple 3 whatever that
were chucking coins,because they hate Sugobrade

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:28 am

Nah just think....some Players "Get" the club....like a lot of us fans do,and are fans or have become fans themselves,so I'll Listen
to them....
But there are some....Commentators/Journalists...who obviously love the club,but I'll disagree with....

Theres some hardcore fans that go every game....they're board supporters...or don't really care,aren't bothered one way

Some call Sir Trev out because of his job................do they honestly think he doesn't love the club and want the best
for it...
We saw at the Burnley thing...his heart was broken.....he loves the club way more than the odd couple 3 whatever that
I get what you'\re saying. I think with Sir TB it's pretty basic tbh. He's a very intelligent and articulate man. He can express himself very well without resorting to coin throwing or running onto the pitch waving his arms around and making himself look a total prick. And being the articulate and sensible bloke he is he almost certainly realises that, whatever the quality of management the dwarf and co are providing, there is no alternative until, and if, someone comes along with a pile of readies.

I'm surprised you say there are some every weekers who support the board. As you probably know I no longer go but I do still have a lot of friends among the people I knew when I did and, whilst they are resigned to the fact that you can't "Sack The Board", and that we'll have to wait until the aforementioned pile of cash arrives, possibly via camel when Dribbly pops his clogs, we're stuck with them. But I don't know anyone who actually supports them or approves of their management style.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:56 am
mkhammer wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:28 am

to them....

for it...
I get what you'\re saying. I think with Sir TB it's pretty basic tbh. He's a very intelligent and articulate man. He can express himself very well without resorting to coin throwing or running onto the pitch waving his arms around and making himself look a total prick. And being the articulate and sensible bloke he is he almost certainly realises that, whatever the quality of management the dwarf and co are providing, there is no alternative until, and if, someone comes along with a pile of readies.

I'm surprised you say there are some every weekers who support the board. As you probably know I no longer go but I do still have a lot of friends among the people I knew when I did and, whilst they are resigned to the fact that you can't "Sack The Board", and that we'll have to wait until the aforementioned pile of cash arrives, possibly via camel when Dribbly pops his clogs, we're stuck with them. But I don't know anyone who actually supports them or approves of their management style.
There's Def Guys and girls that tolerate them mate.....quite a few in the "Don't really care" Camp....

When I go TBH don't really wanna talk about it...if topic comes up,I don't wanna bang on about it...I'm here to watch
the Irons have a few beers and a Crack/Laugh....and I want them gone as much as anyone......FFS I even want an
Austrian soft drinks company...that would stick a Bull on our shirts to take over rather than them.... :lol:

Something will give sooner or later....only us knocking round the top 6 for a couple years will save them....looks
like that aint gonna happen any time soon..... :lol: