10 point relegation plan

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: 10 point relegation plan

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:05 pm
Towie wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:46 pm

I will blame them for Pellegrini, as in they dithered far to long before sacking him. Should of happened after Newcastle game which was like watching Sunday league defending.

Then to compound it they bring in a manager not considered good enough the first time. Honestly you just can’t believe the crazy decision making of this board.

Sack Moyes now!!
He wouldn't get a job ANYWHERE else in the PL..Since leaving Man U,he has a 25% win rate..Says it all really.
I think what says more about him Terry is his choice of clubs. Tbh I was gobsmacked when he was offered the Man United job. It is arguably the biggest job in English football, he was following a legend, and what had he won as a manager. The square root of fuck all is what. It ended in tears as it was always going to.

But then he went to Sunderland. A basket case club if ever there was one, and there are very real similarities with their situation to ours as it happens. Was it because it was all he was offered, or did he really think ghe could transform them. I seem to remember he used the term "sleeping giant" at the time. Then after relegating them he came to us, got the elbow, was offered nothing, and came back to West Ham to have another go.

I don't blame Moyes for taking the gig. He's earning a decent wedge. But you have to question the stupidity of an employer who decides a bloke isn't up to the job but then about 18 m,onths later decides perhaps he wasn't that bad after all. Tbh I'm surprised there are so many people still prepared to pay good money to watch the dross being served up week in week out. Surely next season, when the standard will be lower, we won't be pulling in 60,000 every home match. Or will those thousands on the ST waiting list take up their options. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:05 pm

He wouldn't get a job ANYWHERE else in the PL..Since leaving Man U,he has a 25% win rate..Says it all really.
I think what says more about him Terry is his choice of clubs. Tbh I was gobsmacked when he was offered the Man United job. It is arguably the biggest job in English football, he was following a legend, and what had he won as a manager. The square root of fuck all is what. It ended in tears as it was always going to.

But then he went to Sunderland. A basket case club if ever there was one, and there are very real similarities with their situation to ours as it happens. Was it because it was all he was offered, or did he really think ghe could transform them. I seem to remember he used the term "sleeping giant" at the time. Then after relegating them he came to us, got the elbow, was offered nothing, and came back to West Ham to have another go.

I don't blame Moyes for taking the gig. He's earning a decent wedge. But you have to question the stupidity of an employer who decides a bloke isn't up to the job but then about 18 m,onths later decides perhaps he wasn't that bad after all. Tbh I'm surprised there are so many people still prepared to pay good money to watch the dross being served up week in week out. Surely next season, when the standard will be lower, we won't be pulling in 60,000 every home match. Or will those thousands on the ST waiting list take up their options. :lol:
It`s normally title winning managers that comeback to see if they can restore the glory days back to a club.We bring one back that just about kept us up before.Nothing like showing a bit of ambition,aye? :? :lol:

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Flairon wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:23 pm

I cannot blame them for Pelligrini because on paper it looked to be a sound appointment. Moyes however smacks of desperation and a lack of ambition orvdirection.
I will blame them for Pellegrini, as in they dithered far to long before sacking him. Should of happened after Newcastle game which was like watching Sunday league defending.

Then to compound it they bring in a manager not considered good enough the first time. Honestly you just can’t believe the crazy decision making of this board.

Sack Moyes now!!

Wow you really do need to spell it out on here. What I meant when I said that I don't blame them for Pelligrini was that I do not blame them for appointing him. On paper it looked rather astute. I am sorry, I thought that was obvious.
Flairon

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

We’ll still get around the 30-40 odd thousand mark in the Chumps ,still as good as we got at Upton Park.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Flairon wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:30 pm

Sack Moyes now!!

Wow you really do need to spell it out on here. What I meant when I said that I don't blame them for Pelligrini was that I do not blame them for appointing him. On paper it looked rather astute. I am sorry, I thought that was obvious.
Flipping heck, I know that.
If you read my post properly I am not blaming them for hiring him, I blaming them for not sacking him soon enough!
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:26 pm

We’ll still get around the 30-40 odd thousand mark in the Chumps ,still as good as we got at Upton Park.
30,000 maybe if we're winning. Think that was about our average last time in the Chump under Allardyce. But if we flounder around mid table or worse attendances will drop like a stone imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Towie wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:48 pm
Flairon wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:30 pm

If you read my post properly I am not blaming them for hiring him, I blaming them for not sacking him soon enough!
Make no mistake, I read your post properly. The inference was clearly there that I did not blame them for Pelligrini, whilst you did.
Flairon

Towie

Post by Towie »

Flairon wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:34 pm
Towie wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:48 pm

Make no mistake, I read your post properly. The inference was clearly there that I did not blame them for Pelligrini, whilst you did.
Nope I don’t believe you did read it properly.

It is the “as in” part of my post that implies I did not blame them for hiring Pelle.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Towie wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:16 pm
Flairon wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:34 pm

Nope I don’t believe you did read it properly.

It is the “as in” part of my post that implies I did not blame them for hiring Pelle.
And I am confident that I did, hence my reference to 'inference'. I guess it is all about one's personal interpretation.
Flairon

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Is this a 5 minute argument or the full course of ten ? :D
Bring back Jonathon !